Steve McClaren

Dave

Anita actually gets back into position,  and is capable of playing balls into Wijnaldum and Sissoko and moving into space.

Colback is terrible at all of those things.  If we are to use Colback at all it should never be in any kind of defensive capacity.

Colback's positioning was fine for the first goal, the players ahead of him lost their men. Anita's not going to stop that situation. Second goal, again, he's in a decent position but Coloccini is a joke and we defend awfully. Going forward, the problem was a lack of width with the 4-3-3, we've not got the players to consistently cut through a narrow, compact team like that - again, don't think Anita's going to make a jot of difference.

Prepared to give him time but I've not been too impressed with what I've seen for the last month. Initially I thought I saw a bit of progress being made and him imposing the way he wants us to play but the last 3 or 4 have been dreadful, as bad as anything Carver was churning out 6 months ago. It's going to take time but he desperately needs a win from somewhere or the situation will be beyond salvaging. I think he'll be on a very short leash.

Woe betide if he starts moaning about shit like the fixture list too, you play another team from the same division every week, there's not a law saying a tough fixture has to automatically end in defeat. If he loses the derby then he'll lose a significant proportion of the fanbase imo. 

I've only been supporting the club since the 2006-07 season. In that time:

Roeder

[Pearson]

Allardyce

[Pearson]

Keegan

[Hughton]

Kinnear[!]

Shearer

[Hughton]

Hughton

Pardew

[Carver]

Carver[!]

McClaren

Pathetic.

...why?  :lol:

At what point do we have to consider he might actually be worse than Pardew?  :(

If by Christmas we aren't playing anything resembling decent football then feel free consider it. For my part I won't ever hate a manager anywhere close to Pardew, only Allardyce comes close.

I honestly don't think we can wait until Christmas to be honest as we're already on the trapdoor - there is no way we are not going down if we keep McClaren in charge - will Ashley wait again this time probably but the new tv deal will be getting him very nervous right now. Unfortunately I honestly believe Charnley, Moncur and Carr should be picking up their P45s also - won't happen though and we will be stuck in the Championship with sub 30,000 crowds it's that serious.

Roeder

[Pearson]

Allardyce

[Pearson]

Keegan

[Hughton]

Kinnear[!]

Shearer

[Hughton]

Hughton

Pardew

[Carver]

Carver[!]

McClaren

Pathetic.

...why?  :lol:

Why have I continued? My lot in life is to support shit teams. It's what I'm good at.

Roeder

[Pearson]

Allardyce

[Pearson]

Keegan

[Hughton]

Kinnear[!]

Shearer

[Hughton]

Hughton

Pardew

[Carver]

Carver[!]

McClaren

Pathetic.

Agree shambles started by Shepherd when he appointed Souness to replace Robson even though he was on the verge of being sacked by Blackburn.

Will get shot down but still think he'll be ok here. Six matches after the s**** we've had served up and he's been written off. Took Keegan about 8-9 games to stumble across a winning formula after Allardyce's s***. He's still sussing us out. He'll have came in thinking there was a system and now he'll have seen what we're like. I still think we'll be around top 10 but writing him off now is ridiculous imo.

Will get shot down but still think he'll be ok here. Six matches after the shite we've had served up and he's been written off. Took Keegan about 8-9 games to stumble across a winning formula after Allardyce's shit. He's still sustains us out. He'll have came in thinking there was a system and now he'll have seen what we're like. I still think we'll be around top 10 but writing him off now is ridiculous imo.

Six games and a full pre-season like. It's not the same. Plenty of other sides finished last season badly too, West Ham being one of them, they won only 3 of their last 21 games, even we beat them ffs, but I don't exactly see them getting turned over every week.

Will get shot down but still think he'll be ok here. Six matches after the s**** we've had served up and he's been written off. Took Keegan about 8-9 games to stumble across a winning formula after Allardyce's s***. He's still sustains us out. He'll have came in thinking there was a system and now he'll have seen what we're like. I still think we'll be around top 10 but writing him off now is ridiculous imo.

You are brave to say Top 10.

Will get shot down but still think he'll be ok here. Six matches after the s**** we've had served up and he's been written off. Took Keegan about 8-9 games to stumble across a winning formula after Allardyce's s***. He's still sussing us out. He'll have came in thinking there was a system and now he'll have seen what we're like. I still think we'll be around top 10 but writing him off now is ridiculous imo.

I honestly don't know what to say to that I'm totally just shaking me head.

He'll have been like the outside world and thought Colback, for example, was a viable option. Whoever the manager is needs at least 2 windows.

Give over man.  Colback is clearly shite and it doesn't take 2 transfer windows to see that. 

I like Anita but he wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. We'd still have been outmuscled and the defenders left to struggle with superior athletes.

We had Sissoko and Wijnaldum as part of a midfield 3 in the first and they looked utterly toothless like that. Can't imagine it'd be any different if you made them a 2 in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 or whatever. Only hope we have in that area is Tiote and he's A) injured/AWOL and B) not even very good.

Anita can play a forward pass for a start, not everything is about defending, attacking the opposition can actually push them away from our goal unless Cisse is playing up front.

Very poor today, but the worrying thing is that we look so weak with Colo and hadira in our defence, we need to go 4 4 2 with Perez and mitrovic up front