'Its proving tough'

'its a process'

'Delighted with second half'

'we talk a lot about staying in game, we did that today'

' cant fault attitude'

' only thing we can do is work, and stay in the game'

'we've got some very good players, some need to learn and adapt'

' this is normal whats happening here'

regarding application, from start of game...

' watford stuck to a gameplan, we didn't adjust, we needed a goal,'

Sounds like he is not bothered.

seemed amused.

full interview going on total sport facebook page soon.

It was good to see he tried 4-3-3 and then changed it when he realised it wasn't working, and there was some improvement, but I think he just needs to concentrate on getting this team to just grind results out. Our defence is f***ing shambolic, if left alone they just get ragged all over the shop by players with a hint of speed/strength. It's embarrassing.

He cant even get the most basic thing right and that's starting the best 11 players.

Guaranteed any changes next week will involve bringing Obertan back in, ffs.

' We're quickly learning' laughs

'Its proving tough'

'its a process'

'Delighted with second half'

'we talk a lot about staying in game, we did that today'

' cant fault attitude'

' only thing we can do is work, and stay in the game'

'we've got some very good players, some need to learn and adapt'

' this is normal whats happening here'

regarding application, from start of game...

' watford stuck to a gameplan, we didn't adjust, we needed a goal,'

Sounds like he is not bothered.

What else is he going to say? He's trying to put a brave face on which is only to be expected.

What else is he going to say? He's trying to put a brave face on which is only to be expected.

the only quote I disagree with is 'this is normal what's happening here.'  That is total bollocks and even saying that shite is moronic.

It was good to see he tried 4-3-3 and then changed it when he realised it wasn't working, and there was some improvement, but I think he just needs to concentrate on getting this team to just grind results out. Our defence is f***ing shambolic, if left alone they just get ragged all over the shop by players with a hint of speed/strength. It's embarrassing.

He cant even get the most basic thing right and that's starting the best 11 players.

The options really aren't any better, tbh.

If you mean play Anita in his place, you get pretty much the exact same problems.

Our midfield doesn't come down to a choice between Anita and Colback, if it did then Anita would be the choice.

I like Anita but he wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. We'd still have been outmuscled and the defenders left to struggle with superior athletes.

We had Sissoko and Wijnaldum as part of a midfield 3 in the first and they looked utterly toothless like that. Can't imagine it'd be any different if you made them a 2 in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 or whatever. Only hope we have in that area is Tiote and he's A) injured/AWOL and B) not even very good.

Should be sacked, now, make no mistake we are going down under him. We were unbelievably bad today. Had Watford fans saying that Ashley was the problem; not today, McClaren was the problem he hid in the dug out from their 2nd goal until after ht. Utterly clueless, worse than Carver today.

4-3-3 would have worked fine with Anita as the only deep midfielder instead of Colback.

Colback cannot do the very basics in that position. It was a crazy decision.

4-3-3 would have worked fine with Anita as the only deep midfielder instead of Colback.

Colback cannot do the very basics in that position. It was a crazy decision.

I just can't agree, man. I like Anita, he's a better footballer than Colback, but I just don't think he'd have had any say in stopping their goals - he'd be struggling to keep up. He'd give us much the same going to other way, too. Lots of possession but no penetration.

Anita actually gets back into position,  and is capable of playing balls into Wijnaldum and Sissoko and moving into space.

Colback is terrible at all of those things.  If we are to use Colback at all it should never be in any kind of defensive capacity.

At what point do we have to consider he might actually be worse than Pardew?  :(

If by Christmas we aren't playing anything resembling decent football then feel free consider it. For my part I won't ever hate a manager anywhere close to Pardew, only Allardyce comes close.

.com sound unhappy:

Stinging defeat for McClaren's misfits

Newcastle  1  Watford  2

Newcastle suffered a disastrous defeat at St. James' Park on Saturday as the recently promoted Hornets left Tyneside with all three points in this must-win game for Steve McClaren.

Odion Ighalo scored twice in the first 28 minutes to stun the home crowd and United never recovered, Daryl Janmaat's 62nd minute goal failing to provide the springboard of recovery needed to salvage at least a point.

There was a total lack of intensity, total lack of belief, total lack of organisation begging the question; what has McClaren actually brought to this side?

If someone else buys the players and gets them fit then what has the coach done since he came here?

Ahead of games against Chelsea and then Manchester City this latest defeat leaves us in danger of being cast adrift at the bottom of the league with any pre-season optimism firmly extinguished.

At what point do we have to consider he might actually be worse than Pardew?  :(

If by Christmas we aren't playing anything resembling decent football then feel free consider it. For my part I won't ever hate a manager anywhere close to Pardew, only Allardyce comes close.

And Souness.

Souness, Allardyce, Pardew, (Roeder, but we shouldn't criticise him he had cancer you know); my God we have had more than our fair share of utter shit in the dugout.

If I went further back I could name half a dozen more. Fucking McFaul for christ's sake.

End of the day it all came down to the boardroom. :anguish: