Steve McClaren

Dave

When people say he's a good coach what does that mean? Can put the cones out? Tell people about tactics? Doesn't seem specified. A managers role is very multifaceted buts very apparent what one is.

I imagine it's things like designing drills, thinking of ways to make the sessions engaging and enjoyable, shit like that .

He's blatantly not going anywhere and they'll be relying on the 18 day break for any ire to subside rather than use the time effectively in developing a plan to avoid relegation, typical Ashley. We're dicing with the drop and it's nothing less than he deserves.

A few more rags coming out today as saying Schteve could be out if we fail at Stoke, I just don't the point at that stage. Sacking him anything later than this current 18 day break would be pointless, no potential incoming manager would be able to turn things around in the remaining time after Stoke.

A few more rags coming out today as saying Schteve could be out if we fail at Stoke, I just don't the point at that stage. Sacking him anything later than this current 18 day break would be pointless, no potential incoming manager would be able to turn things around in the remaining time after Stoke.

It's almost like a battered wife, having been beaten by her spouse 20 times in the last year claiming her husband has one more chance to make things right. It's not gonna happen, you know what he's like now, why put yourself through further torment, ffs.

I'm genuinely surprised he's not received any stick from the stands.

Strange given I think that if sufficient pressure were to be placed on him he'd f*** off.

I guess this is the reason why.

From NUFC.com

The lack of rage directed towards McClaren is a sign of fans becoming resigned to their fate, mirroring the indifference of many players. Repeat watching of this dross does eventually break your spirit.

Genuine anger at our plight isn't to be found in the stands, with tickets taken by stoics, pisspots and lunatics. Ranting malcontents have stood aside, to be replaced by increasing numbers of young lads, daft enough to turn out at this time for those prices.

Which, of course, is exactly what MA and his cronies want. Full enough stands of accepting customers who aren't willing to voice complaint at the sub-standard product on offer. Those who would have gone or simply don't care enough to do so anymore as they know it will fall on deaf ears.

It's almost like a battered wife, having been beaten by her spouse 20 times in the last year claiming her husband has one more chance to make things right. It's not gonna happen, you know what he's like now, why put yourself through further torment, ffs.

Or it will be like WBA, where there were also rumours about him getting the sack if we lost.  We play well, get a result.  Then we just carry on with our shit form and nothing actually changes. 

We can't persevere with a manager, who can get a team to play decent attacking football at home, when everything falls right.  Yet constantly get battered away from home.

If we stick with him, we are basically gambling on winning enough games at home, to keep us up.  He'll clearly still be in charge next season, if we stop up, which makes staying up seem a bit pointless.

I'm a bit more confident that Ashley will sack this bag of patatoes compared to Ashley sacking Pardew. All because of the fat bastard's greed for the new tv money. He's going to do it but hoping he does it quickly before anymore defeats and it's too late.

Even though Pardew's tenure was drab, with long losing streaks etc, at no point were we embedded in the bottom 3 at this stage of a season (albeit floating between 13th and 16th). For that alone McClaren needs sacking and I for one can see (hope) Ashley pulling the trigger.

What I don't get though is why wait until after Stoke. As if one more game is going to condemn him, we've seen enough. He's dog turd.

Even though Pardew's tenure was drab, with long losing streaks etc, at no point were we embedded in the bottom 3 at this stage of a season (albeit floating between 13th and 16th). For that alone McClaren needs sacking and I for one can see (hope) Ashley pulling the trigger.

What I don't get though is why wait until after Stoke. As if one more game is going to condemn him, we've seen enough. He's dog turd.

It's what we do now, wait and wait. It's as if watching Carver nearly take us down wasn't warning enough. They seem unable to accept their mistakes, rather than swallow their pride and change the manager they appointed. They'd rather keep going hoping it'll work out. Ridiculous but it's happening before our eyes.

Stick or twist mike, stick or twist.

It's the perpetual emitting of vibes from the club that there's never anything wrong and never any reason to panic I find most infuriating I think. It's like they set a plan in the summer and shut up shop September 1st to December 31st, then shut back down again at the start of February until May. They're all fucking holed up in a basement like Howard Hughes with a Netflix account while the world burns around them. Enraging.

Ashley just appointed this guy on a long contract, appointed him to the board and signed players for him. Seems incredibly unlikely he'll be sacked any time soon.

Well, you could twist that in another way. He appointed him on a long contract and to the board in hope that it would be a fresh start after the Pardew/Carver era and after just escaping the drop on the last day last season.

The first signs that Ashley was getting nervy was letting us be the biggest spenders in the league, if not Europe this past January. He would have hoped that giving McClaren the money to spend on players McClaren wanted, again another sign as Pardew wasn't trusted as much, would atleast steer the club away from danger.

Things haven't improved. And won't improve under McClaren. Like others have said, why wait for another defeat at Stoke to sack him when it could be done now? Unless Ashley gets the replacement ready during this 18 days and wait for the inevitable loss at Stoke.

Exactly now is the time, maybe Ashley will attend Stoke again, Steve will cry on the touchline and at the end of the match Ashley will mouth something like he's gone and then nothing will happen.