Steve McClaren

Dave

I will be gutted if we end up Pearson.. the bloke is a fruit cake.

Better than Redknapp who is most likely imo

I don't rate Redknapp but he's done miles more in his career than Pearson.

Won a trophy and got a side into the champions league for starters.

I just don't see how he can stay. The fact they haven't backed him surely means that something is happening.

Exactly this, with so many reports of what is going on, if his position wasn't untenable before, it certainly is now, or at least it would be at a  normal club.

I wonder when they get knocked back by pretty much everyone.  After offering a shitty deal, similar to what Pardew and McClaren got.  Whether we'll settle for some shithouse like Sherwood?  Or maybe they'll end up keeping McClaren, as no decent manager in their right mind, would work for these clowns.  Not unless they are handsomely rewarded, anyway.  Something we haven't done with our managers, the whole time Ashley has been here. 

Damning stuff from Douglas, Charnley really is an utterly inept muppet

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-not-sacked-steve-mcclaren-11005627?

Thats exactly what I wrote this morning, Douglas gets a Journo contract and all I get is mocked off Mrmojorisin75 and Loki679

Fucking hell, don't cry.  You can have the journo contract next time.

Has arrived at the training ground

be gone by mid day. Even sooner.

Surely he's not gone there to 'coach' the very same players who publicly showed they have no intention of playing for him.

Would be insane.

The fact they are even discussing it concerns me, it should be a no brainer.

You can't rush into a decision like this. Charnaz kna's what he's deein.

I suspect Charnley has other concerns.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/breakingbad/images/a/a2/Daniel_Wormald_Cobbler.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160228232440

An excellent spot :)

Arrived at the training ground but went through a back door entrance? Don't think that sort of thing has happened since Darren Ambrose played for us...

In a more serious post, and I know I have the potential of being ripped apart for saying it as I would never, ever, ever have him back, but is it wrong to say that I had more faith in Pardew keeping us up when we were in this sort of position then what i did/do under Carver and McClaren?

I didn't ever think that would be possible after that utter c**k left.

Arrived at the training ground but went through a back door entrance? Don't think that sort of thing has happened since Darren Ambrose played for us...

In a more serious post, and I know I have the potential of being ripped apart for saying it as I would never, ever, ever have him back, but is it wrong to say that I had more faith in Pardew keeping us up when we were in this sort of position then what i did/do under Carver and McClaren?

I didn't ever think that would be possible after that utter c**k left.

I think Pardew despite being the absolute fraud he is would have probably had 6-7 more points on the board than McClaren

The irony if Ashley penny pinch on a couple of mill on manager and loose out on next years TV money. :lol:

If Ashley and his fellow moonheads were thinking of the future and line their pockets even further, they should go all out and pay whatever the top managers out there like Rafa wants and get the payoff from the guaranteed tv money if relegation is avoided.

They really have to throw big money at a big name manager who can inspire these players immediately for instant results. Sticking with McClaren now would be beyond foolish.