Steve McClaren

Dave

His post match comments are just those of a bloke stuck in coach mode who'll never be a manager, hence why he says the same shit after every defeat no matter which club he's at.

Comparisons to Pardew are laughable imo, McClaren's feckless, Pardew's a preening antichrist.

His record here is pretty indefensible. Out of both cups to poor sides, and 18th in January. I like the guy but he's been largely woeful.

Why do you like him out of interest?

I find him an absolute nothing manager with very few redeeming features personally.

I am sure SMc has forgotten more about tactics/formations that I can ever hope to know. That said, I can't help think his changes to try and nullify the threat from Watford were self-defeating (hindsight wonderful I know) but also indicative of a more consistent problem. I've been concerned for a while that he seems too cautious, slow to change, and that this maybe means he lacks effective leadership qualities. In sport, war, or business, you need to get the best out of your team. Make them feel invincible, ten feet tall. Whilst Keegan may not have had SMc's tactical nous, he did this and was an effective leader; helped people play beyond themselves. I think Robson seemed strong on both. Tinkering with a formation which was seemed to be bedding-in nicely (Gini at 10, Perez and Sissoko wide) rather than boosting the lads up to go out and have a right good go at them... well I think it lacks belief and lacks courage; as does not adding a striker until 3mins to go. Not sure SMc has the cajones for a good fight, relegation or other. Wouldn't matter so much, but what if this  undermines the players' self-belief and transmits the same 'risk aversion' to some of their styles of play?

all him today, he pardewed his way to this one

Aided by a fair amount of s**** on the pitch.

All he had to do was make one f***ing change. Jesus.

And then what? Our centre halves still would've been mugged off by Deeney and Ighalo being able to out-muscle them.

So might have been an idea to play to our strengths then rather than rely on a defence that got raped by the same front pair at St James.

The f*** are people watching?

The same thing but trying to view it with more balance, maybe?

Balance. Christ.

Have you actually criticised any players today, by any chance? Or is it just your usual McClaren rant that you've been regurgitating every single week for about the last 7 months?

We're back to the Pardew days again are we? Manager gets it all wrong so lets blame the players, or perceived lack of them.

Last week was McClaren, I don't recall anyone taking it away from him. Today was McClaren too, f***ing s***. Every decision wrong just like most of his time here or we'd have more points.

Why do you only view this as one way or the other? That's my point, I only ever see you criticise one person out of the staff in our whole mess.

Because we go through players like a hot knife through butter while holding onto managers for years.

It's simple stuff to me.

Get a better manager the players will play better.

Today was the worst I've seen of McClaren, basically Pardew vs Reading levels of absolute s****.

You blame whoever you want but I said before the game started we were beat with that formation and selection and that's how it turned out.

And you don't think there's a decent chance we'd have been beaten in a 4-2-3-1 with 2 physically poor CBs against 2 of the most direct forwards in the league?

I think today was reminiscent of early this season with Anita playing at 3rd CB so things looked good until everyone realises we had no attacking intent and we lost.

I really don't think I'm alone in thinking if we'd played the same formation as WHU with Aarons at LB we'd have given a much better account of ourselves.

You praised the Anita thing and gave him pelters when he stopped doing it [emoji38]

Meh. This won't go anywhere. We didn't look very good going forward today even when people were in their more conventional spots. The only time we looked threatening was that opening 20 which was with a 3.

Excuse me? Ah yeah, total nonsense. Cheers.

Not total nonsense at all. I vividly remember us having a discussion a few months back and you definitely criticised him for stopping the Anita dropping back thing. You pretty much said every decision McClaren made was shit and the only good thing he'd done, get Anita to drop back and pick up the ball, was something he'd abandoned.

No, I said it was the only thing he'd done tactically that worked and it was correct at the time.

That's garbage, how exactly did it work?

The saddest thing was he abandoned the positives on show from the West Ham game, particularly the first half performance, and did a Pardew by formulating a plan/formation to contain the opposition. In doing so Gini & Shelv were cast into relative anonymity - the most.

I thought Aarons, after a lay-off, was hung out to dry.

Aarons needs to sort himself out, living off the back off two or three decent cameos.

all him today, he pardewed his way to this one

Aided by a fair amount of s**** on the pitch.

All he had to do was make one f***ing change. Jesus.

And then what? Our centre halves still would've been mugged off by Deeney and Ighalo being able to out-muscle them.

So might have been an idea to play to our strengths then rather than rely on a defence that got raped by the same front pair at St James.

The f*** are people watching?

The same thing but trying to view it with more balance, maybe?

Balance. Christ.

Have you actually criticised any players today, by any chance? Or is it just your usual McClaren rant that you've been regurgitating every single week for about the last 7 months?

We're back to the Pardew days again are we? Manager gets it all wrong so lets blame the players, or perceived lack of them.

Last week was McClaren, I don't recall anyone taking it away from him. Today was McClaren too, f***ing s***. Every decision wrong just like most of his time here or we'd have more points.

Why do you only view this as one way or the other? That's my point, I only ever see you criticise one person out of the staff in our whole mess.

Because we go through players like a hot knife through butter while holding onto managers for years.

It's simple stuff to me.

Get a better manager the players will play better.

Today was the worst I've seen of McClaren, basically Pardew vs Reading levels of absolute s****.

You blame whoever you want but I said before the game started we were beat with that formation and selection and that's how it turned out.

And you don't think there's a decent chance we'd have been beaten in a 4-2-3-1 with 2 physically poor CBs against 2 of the most direct forwards in the league?

I think today was reminiscent of early this season with Anita playing at 3rd CB so things looked good until everyone realises we had no attacking intent and we lost.

I really don't think I'm alone in thinking if we'd played the same formation as WHU with Aarons at LB we'd have given a much better account of ourselves.

You praised the Anita thing and gave him pelters when he stopped doing it [emoji38]

Meh. This won't go anywhere. We didn't look very good going forward today even when people were in their more conventional spots. The only time we looked threatening was that opening 20 which was with a 3.

Excuse me? Ah yeah, total nonsense. Cheers.

Not total nonsense at all. I vividly remember us having a discussion a few months back and you definitely criticised him for stopping the Anita dropping back thing. You pretty much said every decision McClaren made was shit and the only good thing he'd done, get Anita to drop back and pick up the ball, was something he'd abandoned.

No, I said it was the only thing he'd done tactically that worked and it was correct at the time.

That's garbage, how exactly did it work?

He tasked Anita with sitting deep, showing for the ball and playing it around at the back. He did that, exactly as he was asked to do. The fact nothing else worked and it was a pile of shit overall is neither here nor there, it was a tactical instruction he gave and it worked imo.

Maybe he should start booking a few one to one sessions with that mind guru individual we have on the books

Just not enough balls in the players to raise the game and if it was a top 6 side we are playing would more than likely had a better outcome but McClaren just cannot motivate the players to perform on a consistent level from one game to the next .What does Steve Black do exactly and thought he was there for the psychology side well feckin fine job he is doing

Him

Got it horribly wrong yesterday as he has on many other occasions this season. Blatantly out of his depth, the squad has obvious talent but he's getting next to nothing out of them. Watford were there for the taking but woeful tactics and a hopeless formation prevented us from getting anything.

Was willing to give him a chance but as others have pointed out he's slipping more into the Pardew realms of PR / nonsense in post match interviews. Fat Mike has a big choice to make, stick or twist!

Schteve asked us to judge him after 12 games. Meh. Then to judge him on the cups. Meh then after Christmas well I have come to a conclusion..... He is f**king useless. If he remains we are going to be relegated if he goes it might already be too late.. The only chance is to sign at least 3 players ready to hit the ground running. Need 2 defenders and a striker who can score as opposed to the ones we have who can't.

He say anything about the pitch? It looked terrible.

I didn't see your game, but it was ropey as fuck against us. It's clearly part of Watford's plan.

Was a new pitch against us, looked even worse somehow.

5 points in the last 7 games he has to go before it's too late and maybe it is already. How people can even attempty to try and stick up for this fraud is honestly bewildering.

Realistically the only team we have a chance of getting ahead of are Norwich but we also need to keep ourselves ahead of the Mackems who will no doubt put some sort of winning run together for the final half dozen games.

Can't see any benefit in not sacking McClaren ASAP. He's taking us down and he's proved himself incapable of getting a team back out of the Championship as well so it's a double edged sword.