Steve McClaren

Dave

Yeah, I heard those comments! He's going to have to get used to it. The fans rightly wanting the team to go for a last minute winner in what was an end to end game.

He was talking about when we were 2-1 up and didn't say it was a bad thing, he said he agreed with us and in future he wants us to be able to deliver on that without exposing ourselves too much at the back. It appeared to be meant as a compliment but it was a bit of a strange one.

Pardew basically said something along the lines of 'the fans asking for another goals resulted in the players losing sight of their defensive duties and as a result we conceded a 3rd goal' after the Palace 3-3 game iirc.

He went berserk with Mitrovic for that challenge and rightly was trying to get us deeper and closer as a unit in the last 15 minutes. We were out on our feet and there were gaping holes all over the pitch. To be fair the fans weren't baying for a winner as they could see what was happening but they gave the expected vocal support when we did go forward.

Thought it was remarkably similar to Pardew's shite tbh...

No way in the world man, come on.

It was more the "I've been told about the fans up here" then perpetuating the stereotype rather than dispelling it. The context may have been slightly different and it's not a big deal anyway, throwaway comment.

Yeah, I heard those comments! He's going to have to get used to it. The fans rightly wanting the team to go for a last minute winner in what was an end to end game.

He was talking about when we were 2-1 up and didn't say it was a bad thing, he said he agreed with us and in future he wants us to be able to deliver on that without exposing ourselves too much at the back. It appeared to be meant as a compliment but it was a bit of a strange one.

Pardew basically said something along the lines of 'the fans asking for another goals resulted in the players losing sight of their defensive duties and as a result we conceded a 3rd goal' after the Palace 3-3 game iirc.

That's not how I interpreted it, it seemed to me he was referring to towards the end of the game the fans were pushing us on "a little too much". I could of course be wrong.

Thought it was remarkably similar to Pardew's shite tbh...

No way in the world man, come on.

It was more the "I've been told about the fans up here" then perpetuating the stereotype rather than dispelling it. The context may have been slightly different and it's not a big deal anyway, throwaway comment.

Oh sorry, I totally misunderstood you, thought you were talking about the football :fool:

Thought it was remarkably similar to Pardew's s**** tbh...

Aye, me too.

He needs to understand that we are a front-foot club. Shy of the top 5, we expect to beat every team at SJP in the league at home. If we've played pretty well and it's 2-2 damn right we want to get the 3rd.

It might take a few months but he's going to learn how can't be overly cautious at SJP. I know he's realised that when he drops Wijnaldum deep and forsakes one of the Brothers Sideways.

Thought it was remarkably similar to Pardew's s**** tbh...

Aye, me too.

He needs to understand that we are a front-foot club. Shy of the top 5, we expect to beat every team at SJP in the league at home. If we've played pretty well and it's 2-2 damn right we want to get the 3rd.

It might take a few months but he's going to learn how can't be overly cautious at SJP. I know he's realised that when he drops Wijnaldum deep and forsakes one of the Brothers Sideways.

:lol:

We definitely weren't overly cautious like, we were just out on our feet and couldn't get a hold of the ball for very long.

he still had options on the bench to add something to the deteriorating situation

it was going wrong before anita got injured but he could have done plenty of other things with his subs

anita off

wijnaldum deeper, perez on, obertan off, aarons on, cisse off mitro on

there's plenty of other things he could have done tbh, if wijnaldum was in tatters then drop sissoko back with colback and shuffle the pack to get some pace, youth and technique in there

de jong on was a horrible fucking substitution to make tbh

When Pardew made that similar comment it was totally blaming the fans, something like 'The fans got louder so the players got carried away and went looking for a winner. That can happen'.

The way that cunt just acts like all things are predetermined and abolves himself of any personal responsibility. Fucking criminal.

Sissoko is awful in a 2 man midfield tbf.

Will you just fuck off man? [emoji38]

I know he is, but would he have been worse than Tiote? I doubt it.

I'm saying there were options to refresh the team and positively change the have in our favour, and he took the wrong ones, it's as simple as that.

We definitely weren't overly cautious like, we were just out on our feet and couldn't get a hold of the ball for very long.

he still had options on the bench to add something to the deteriorating situation

it was going wrong before anita got injured but he could have done plenty of other things with his subs

anita off

there's plenty of other things he could have done tbh, if wijnaldum was in tatters then drop sissoko back with colback and shuffle the pack to get some pace, youth and technique in there

de jong on was a horrible f***ing substitution to make tbh

he needs minutes in this league though, how else is he going to get them?

anita off

There'll be plenty more chances to give him games.

We were dead on our feet and desperately needed an infusion of pace, not a player who immediately looked more wrecked than the guy he replaced.

It was an awful sub, no two ways about it.

anita off

We were dead on our feet and desperately needed an infusion of pace, not a player who immediately looked more wrecked than the guy he replaced.

:thup:

anita off

theres nowt to say he hadnt watched 15 mins of tiote and thought he needed to give de jong minutes as he'd have to reshuffle the pack next week (to not include tiote) if anita injury was bad.

anita off

:thup:

which way would you have gone?

(genuinely interested to know opinions btw, not looking for a scrap).