Steve McClaren

Dave

We definitely weren't overly cautious like, we were just out on our feet and couldn't get a hold of the ball for very long.

he still had options on the bench to add something to the deteriorating situation

it was going wrong before anita got injured but he could have done plenty of other things with his subs

anita off

wijnaldum deeper, perez on, obertan off, aarons on, cisse off mitro on

there's plenty of other things he could have done tbh, if wijnaldum was in tatters then drop sissoko back with colback and shuffle the pack to get some pace, youth and technique in there

de jong on was a horrible f***ing substitution to make tbh

he needs minutes in this league though, how else is he going to get them?

There'll be plenty more chances to give him games.

We were dead on our feet and desperately needed an infusion of pace, not a player who immediately looked more wrecked than the guy he replaced.

It was an awful sub, no two ways about it.

:thup:

which way would you have gone?

(genuinely interested to know opinions btw, not looking for a scrap).

We had a lead to protect and build on, and evidently fell back defending. We needed pace - pace to attack and to relieve pressure.  Aarons and/or Aoyze was the obvious subs. Siem became nothing but a passenger. Even if he does need time on the pitch - this wasn't the game for it.

We definitely weren't overly cautious like, we were just out on our feet and couldn't get a hold of the ball for very long.

he still had options on the bench to add something to the deteriorating situation

it was going wrong before anita got injured but he could have done plenty of other things with his subs

anita off

there's plenty of other things he could have done tbh, if wijnaldum was in tatters then drop sissoko back with colback and shuffle the pack to get some pace, youth and technique in there

We were dead on our feet and desperately needed an infusion of pace, not a player who immediately looked more wrecked than the guy he replaced.

We had a lead to protect and build on, and evidently fell back defending. We needed pace - pace to attack and to relieve pressure.  Aarons and/or Aoyze was the obvious subs. Siem became nothing but a passenger. Even if he does need time on the pitch - this wasn't the game for it.

it was 2-2 when he came on.

anita off

We needed the subs before that. The point doesn't change though. The completely wrong guy to turn to. He got nothing out of it, and more importantly our team continued to struggle for it.

anita off

We needed the subs before that. The point doesn't change though. The completely wrong guy to turn to. He got nothing out of it, and more importantly our team continued to struggle for it.

I agree with that 100%, i was shouting for them at around 70 min mark, could have been earlier still.

Still think he needs minutes, and, until he gets them, there'll always be better options, but we'll agree to disagree on that point.

I must admit I do like how he watches the first half from the stands. The notion that a manager needs to be on the touchline for 90 minutes geeing and gurning the side on is very outdate; there's 52,000 fans who can do that (in theory anyway). If he and Cathro are able to analyse and build on performances by uisng that vantage point then that's great.

People are upset he watches the game from the stands? Why?  :lol:

His right hand man is on the ground, and seemed very involved, so they have two perspectives.

I actually loved where he was sitting. I would do the same! Everytime Obertan messed up, I hope he swore loudly enough for Mike to hear!

I really cannot give a single f*** where he chooses to watch the game from.  :lol:

Aye Big Sam did that a lot. His conclusion was always "more hoof to Micky O & Oba" so it means nowt.

re Sissoko in cm: Hindsight is 20/20. It turns out anyone would've done a better job than Tiote. But i can't fault that sub too much. It's the NDJ sub that seemed as if he thought "we need a goal. Who is the best finisher on the bench. NDJ? You're up." With no thought as to how we would get up the pitch.

I really cannot give a single f*** where he chooses to watch the game from.  :lol:

Aye Big Sam did that a lot. His conclusion was always "more hoof to Micky O & Oba" so it means nowt.

re Sissoko in cm: Hindsight is 20/20. It turns out anyone would've done a better job than Tiote. But i can't fault that sub too much. It's the NDJ sub that seemed as if he thought "we need a goal. Who is the best finisher on the bench. NDJ? You're up." With no thought as to how we would get up the pitch.

He might well have thought that de Jong's a calm player in possession, moves into space well and would help to retain the ball more by using his brain rather than his brawn.

He might well have thought that de Jong's a calm player in possession, moves into space well and would help to retain the ball more by using his brain rather than his brawn.

Fair enough. But it didn't pan out like that at all. I thought he brought him on to help bag the winner.

Fair enough. But it didn't pan out like that at all. I thought he brought him on to help bag the winner.

Nah, it wasn't a great sub. Our shape was too stretched for it to work as there weren't really enough link options. I just think there was logic to it, but it just failed.

anita off

To be fair, when it was 2-1 and we were starting to give up the ball I thought it was the right time to bring on Tiote. I'm not even sure if he was that bad, by the time he came on the whole midfield had run out of gas.

Genuinely would love to hear the "con" to a manager working from the stands. And why it irks so much versus being on the touchline.

Reminds them of this fat twat I bet:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80928000/jpg/_80928068_allardyce_bolton.jpg

Genuinely would love to hear the "con" to a manager working from the stands. And why it irks so much versus being on the touchline.

Well Pards reckoned he could stop the opposition on the break if he was on the sideline.

Anita

“I think it helps the manager has experience of Dutch football and has a style fairly similar to what I would be used to in Holland.

“The way he sets his team up is fairly similar to a lot of Dutch sides and the role I am playing now is the most similar to the one I used to play in at Ajax.

“Hopefully, that will mean I can fit in more easily than maybe before.”

Anita

“I think it helps the manager has experience of Dutch football and has a style fairly similar to what I would be used to in Holland.

“The way he sets his team up is fairly similar to a lot of Dutch sides and the role I am playing now is the most similar to the one I used to play in at Ajax.

TLDR: Pardew is a useless cunt and Vern's pleased he's gone.

Anita

Nice little tonic for those saying McClaren was worse than Pardew (at the time of his appointment).

Anita

Nice little tonic for those saying McClaren was worse than Pardew (at the time of his appointment).

I don't think there were many on here who sad that. The Pardew fan club is mostly southern based.