Steve McClaren

Dave

Calling for him to be sacked already is farcical like. Does nobody any favours that.

I can understand people who never wanted him in the first place (and I'm one of them) feeling vindicated so far but he and the new staff have got to have a fair chance to fail. 6 games isn't a fair chance by any stretch of the imagination and it's ludicrous to even suggest so.

And aside from anything else, he's on the board. He's about as bulletproof as it gets, without committing gross misconduct or something silly.

The obsession by some on this forum by this notion is hilarious. As if anyone who didn't listen to the warnings of the wise few is at fault for McClaren (or any other) being here. I was dead against Pardew's appointment but there was fuck all I could have done to stop it. Some knackers coming on here giving it the "I told you so" and having a go at posters who tried to rationalize SMC's appointment out of pure hope, is just stupid.

You just need to see what going on on the pitch. We've a new manager who hasn't been able to generate any enthusiasm or togetherness on the pitch. Formations, patterns of play do take time but, the willingness to play for each other and give it everything should be there for a new manager from day one.

The players aren't properly up for it, you can't win playing at 80% - 90% and McClaren hid in the dugout when we needed him the be bawling the players out.

There's no leader on the pitch (Janmaat being the closest), a huge mistake was made in keeping Colo and we have made signings in positions that have made no difference to the problem areas. We're now expecting a young lad of questionable self discipline to score us the goals to keep us up, defensive players that aren't good enough to protect a defence that isn't organised (through lack of communication) leaving it open to being taken apart with minimal opposition disruption.

McClaren should go right now there's nothing I've seen to suggest that he can pull this side together. We're getting worse. The only reason we're not bottom is because we haven't lost to the Mackems yet.

Going go take time to sort out pardew's mess. Too many players look like they are hungover from last season. Obvious motivational issues with players like colo, it would appear. Looks like he has made some bad decisions already which doesn't bode well for the future but have to let him get on with it.

Pardew was very limited in his ability to change tactics positively during a game and he is an odious prick but the players generally put a shift in and tried. McClaren hasn't even got that, it's hard to believe but we are worse than ever. He needs to drop 4 or 5 players and hope that those given a chance take it. Big problem is that our next 3 fixtures are games where the opposition will be rubbing their hands with glee waiting for us.

We'll be adrift soon.

Pardew was very limited in his ability to change tactics positively during a game and he is an odious prick but the players generally put a shift in and tried. McClaren hasn't even got that, it's hard to believe but we are worse than ever. He needs to drop 4 or 5 players and hope that those given a chance take it. Big problem is that our next 3 fixtures are games where the opposition will be rubbing their hands with glee waiting for us.

We'll be adrift soon.

Really, though?

Going go take time to sort out pardew's mess. Too many players look like they are hungover from last season. Obvious motivational issues with players like colo, it would appear. Looks like he has made some bad decisions already which doesn't bode well for the future but have to let him get on with it.

I'm an all in subscriber to the poison of Pardew but it simply doesn't apply to:

Starting Obertan.

Neglecting both Perez and Aarons, and latterly De Jong.

The Colback Anita vortex of emptiness in the middle.

Dropping Anita for Colback.

Colback playing every minute.

Selling Abeid when the rest of the midfield can't cut it.

Banking everything on Colo (no chance that he made that call as a board member knowing he wouldn't get say Thauvin if they signed another CB).

Playing Cisse.

I mean there are more but this is enough in itself. These are his decisions, not Pardew's.

He's been at the club what 4 months? I think he can at least be judged on his own decision-making, selections and tactics at this point and he's been fucking awful tbh.

We'll be adrift soon.

Really, though?

I'd say so, Cisse saving his bacon against Hull was an example, he could generate a bit of a siege mentality and get the players to buy into out. The fact that Cabaye went to Palace, Shola got a gig there and Colo seemingly wanted to go suggests that. He backed the players over HBA. McClaren has got nothing going for him.

If I remember correctly we started last season, under Pardew, with 8 straight games without a win. There's some serious bed-wetting and knee-jerking going on here, it's embarrasing sometimes. It's been a poor start but calling for McClaren's head is ludicrous.

It's not though, he isn't good enough and should bever have been given the job. He's only here becuase we're ran by a spiteful man child, not becuase he's going to improve us as a football side.

You cannot 'play nice' and give a man a chance he's never earned when it's your football club. Especially us, we've been through enough of this shit.

If I remember correctly we started last season, under Pardew, with 8 straight games without a win. There's some serious bed-wetting and knee-jerking going on here, it's embarrasing sometimes. It's been a poor start but calling for McClaren's head is ludicrous.

I asked this question the other day and I'm sure people said we had 7 points after 8 games last season and that was a fucking shambles. We're looking at 2 from the same games here man.

It's not the time to call for his sacking yet imo, as I've said.

Absolutely this.

I mean for fuck sake, how quick are we to get pissed off when the media say us as fans are demanding, impatient and expectant? And now, six games into a new season, a whole new coaching set up and having to rid ourselves of the utter shite Pardew and Carver left behind and we're already prepared to write off McClaren?

Honestly, some of you guys are ridiculous. I barely post on here because I can't handle all the melodrama. It's going to take more than six games to sort this shite out.

It's not though, he isn't good enough and should bever have been given the job.

Fair enough, as I know this has been your opinion since the day he was appointed. I didn't particularly want him either, but I'm willing to give him a proper chance.

I asked this question the other day and I'm sure people said we had 7 points after 8 games last season and that was a f***ing shambles. We're looking at 2 from the same games here man.

Just checked, last season we got our first win in the 8th game.

Guest reefatoon

Yep you are right. Let's just pull our pants down again and go back to taking it up the wrongun without a whimper. Seems that is what we are best at nowadays.

Absolutely this.

I mean for f*** sake, how quick are we to get p*ssed off when the media say us as fans are demanding, impatient and expectant? And now, six games into a new season, a whole new coaching set up and having to rid ourselves of the utter s**** Pardew and Carver left behind and we're already prepared to write off McClaren?

Honestly, some of you guys are ridiculous. I barely post on here because I can't handle all the melodrama. It's going to take more than six games to sort this s**** out.

You're right, but I don't think anyone here wants him gone just for the sake of it. He should, and hopefully will, get a fair chance to turn this around. What people are asking for, and rightly expecting, is to see some commitment, urgency, and togetherness. If the football was decent, and the players showed that they cared, I'm sure everyone would be prepared to be patient with the manager.

I asked this question the other day and I'm sure people said we had 7 points after 8 games last season and that was a f***ing shambles. We're looking at 2 from the same games here man.

So 4 draws from the first 7 and a win in the 8th. Still much better than the two points we're going to have this season.

Also Pardew went on a 6 win run didn't he? That's not happening here like [emoji38]

So 4 draws from the first 7 and a win in the 8th. Still much better than the two points we're going to have this season.

Also Pardew went on a 6 win run didn't he? That's not happening here like [emoji38]

Let's see where we're at come Christmas.

8 straight losses, courtesy of John Carver, won't happen either.