Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest Gino14

Sadly 5/10 is a massive improvement on recent times.  Pardew is a 3/10 manager and Carver is a 0.

Cannot understand anyone happy to see McClaren come in with Carver and the same coaching staff.

Fuck that, we need a clean break. McClaren just prolongs the agony as far as I can see.

Bang on.

Bloke is a fucking rank appointment and the fucking dismay with Tenlicks doesn't make that appointment any better in the long term.

Wish we'd go leftfield just for the interest factor.

I've listened to carver and as much as it's obvious he's out of his depth, fair play to him for what he had to say.

As much as you can slate him (& I certainly have) he's gone up in my estimation after that.

It's become obvious after the last few games that the problems lie deep, deeper than carver can mine.

I'll direct my anger above his head to that fat cunt charnley who should have demanded a proper head when Pardue went.

Whatever he is (& clearly isn't) he doesn't deserve the spineless cowards he's been asked to get a tune out of.

Guest H09

Carver is a f***ing odious reptilian lickspittle. I'll direct my anger at him as well as those above him. I don't blame him for being half-witted. But I blame him for being a reactionary, ass-licking c***.

Sounds like you're just trying to get invited to the training ground

Carver is a f***ing odious reptilian lickspittle. I'll direct my anger at him as well as those above him. I don't blame him for being half-witted. But I blame him for being a reactionary, ass-licking c***.

Sounds like you're just trying to get invited to the training ground

:lol:

I think the blame for our capitulation has to be placed on his shoulders.

Too much tinkering with the system (no settled back four), failure to devise a plan B (or A!), failure to stop the descent into hoofball, failure to stop our horrific defensive displays.

We've had five years of mediocrity. Some sort of change needs to be made now to stop this slide back to mid-table.

Accuse me of not supporting the team if you like. I just want what's best for this great football club, and right now it seems to me that the best thing might be to fire Steve McClaren.

Too much tinkering with the system (no settled back four), failure to devise a plan B (or A!), failure to stop the descent into hoofball, failure to stop our horrific defensive displays.

We've had five years of mediocrity. Some sort of change needs to be made now to stop this slide back to mid-table.

Accuse me of not supporting the team if you like. I just want what's best for this great football club, and right now it seems to me that the best thing might be to fire Steve McClaren.

Reminds me of Blackburn fans before we poached a cunt off them.

Reminds me of Blackburn fans before we poached a cunt off them.

:thup:

McClaren would be such an underwhelming appointment but of course it's par for the course under Ashley.

Nailed on now. So underwhelming so predictable.

Let's hope he does a better job with us in the championship than Derby, where by all accounts he inherited a great set up from his predecessor.

Sickening stuff. Sickening still how little I am starting to care.

I have a funny feeling of deja vu here.

Just read that thread.

Some of them think McClaren has turned them from midtable to comfortable top half. And are pleased with the fact he had them top for so long. They are disappointed that they haven't made the play offs, but are willing to let him rebuild over the summer and give it another shot. They think without him they would of never attracted premier league players like Darren Bent and Tom Ince.

The other lot seem to think he's turned their play from crisp passing into feet, to defensive and 1 dimensional football. Which has seen them drop down to 8th and ultimately waste a season. They think the permanent signings he has made are awful and mediocre and want us to pay 2mil in compensation to take him away from Derby all together.

I have learned enough to not go thinking my own opinion is more accurate than that of the fans who watch there own club week in, week out. However, alot of them seem happy for McClaren to leave them. Which isn't looking particularly good for us.

I don't want McClaren, he would be the epitome of the Ashley regime. But some of those Derby fans make me want him less. Sounds like Pardew all over again.  :(

Couldn't put it better. Like the Pardew situation, it's not ALL his fault, but because he is so happy to bend over and take it whilst defending the regime to the hilt, it kind of is his fault.

Just read that thread.

Some of them think McClaren has turned them from midtable to comfortable top half. And are pleased with the fact he had them top for so long. They are disappointed that they haven't made the play offs, but are willing to let him rebuild over the summer and give it another shot. They think without him they would of never attracted premier league players like Darren Bent and Tom Ince.

The other lot seem to think he's turned their play from crisp passing into feet, to defensive and 1 dimensional football. Which has seen them drop down to 8th and ultimately waste a season. They think the permanent signings he has made are awful and mediocre and want us to pay 2mil in compensation to take him away from Derby all together.

I have learned enough to not go thinking my own opinion is more accurate than that of the fans who watch there own club week in, week out. However, alot of them seem happy for McClaren to leave them. Which isn't looking particularly good for us.

I don't want McClaren, he would be the epitome of the Ashley regime. But some of those Derby fans make me want him less. Sounds like Pardew all over again.  :(

Yup

If he is the man they want then McLaren has a bit of a dilemma.

Would McLaren want to leave Derby to manage another Championship club especially one that will be in total disarray and that is likely to have hardly any players left?  If he waits to see what happens with us, will it mean he risks his Derby job because they are probably looking for him to commit to them this week?

Or does he make the move now in the hope of having enough impact to save them from relegation?