Steve McClaren

Dave

When the ex-Derby boss took over in June, he originally made it known that Coloccini was not in his plans and that he wanted a vocal centre-back brought in who could be his new captain.

Unfortunately, it was soon made clear to McClaren that such a player would be costly and would not be signed over the summer, so instead Coloccini was offered a new deal and retained the captaincy.

http://i.imgur.com/uv5yjx9.gif

:lol:

Didn't want to spend money so their solution was to extend the deal of their highest paid player for another year or two. A player who just so happens to be absolutely fucking finished.

Assuming Colo is on roughly 60k a week, we basically flushed 3m down the toilet when we gave Colo a new deal.

Still though, better than spending 6 or 7 million on somebody who'd actually improve the team.

When the ex-Derby boss took over in June, he originally made it known that Coloccini was not in his plans and that he wanted a vocal centre-back brought in who could be his new captain.

Unfortunately, it was soon made clear to McClaren that such a player would be costly and would not be signed over the summer, so instead Coloccini was offered a new deal and retained the captaincy.

Didn't want to spend money so their solution was to extend the deal of their highest paid player for another year or two. A player who just so happens to be absolutely f***ing finished.

Assuming Colo is on roughly 60k a week, we basically flushed 3m down the toilet when we gave Colo a new deal.

Still though, better than spending 6 or 7 million on somebody who'd actually improve the team.

Huge mistake. By replacing him you also replace the captain. It will only cause trouble. Colo might have to leave or be 120% professional and accept his delegation.

Its difficult to sign a captain i guess?

Should we sign a new captain in January. One who can play CB or DCM?

Can´t see any candidates within our current squad...

Didn't want to spend money so their solution was to extend the deal of their highest paid player for another year or two. A player who just so happens to be absolutely f***ing finished.

Huge mistake. By replacing him you also replace the captain. It will only cause trouble. Colo might have to leave or be 120% professional and accept his delegation.

They would probably choose Colback. SDJ seems captain material but not sure where he fits into the team.

"Simpson is also understood to be exasperated by the limitations placed upon the coaching team due to the restrictions of the current structure of the club under Mike Ashley - especially due to the fact that McClaren is the only head coach in the Premier League to be on his club’s board."

What in the chuffing hell does that mean? What restrictions are imposed that stops the coaches from coaching properly?

'Player X must play'? :dontknow:

very strange comment to make, only thing that makes sense due to use of the word structure is mcclaren being on the board is somehow f***ing with things they want on the training ground, but it's very hard to imagine what that might be

unless they're after a second set of bibs but charnley won't fork out for it or something

I think he's saying it's the second bit that Simpson is frustrated about. This bit: 'Despite this, player recruitment is largely controlled by chief scout Graham Carr and McClaren’s influence over some key aspects of the club remains limited.'

So in my view Simpson is frustrated that, despite being on the board, McClaren has limited influence over the club.

he's saying it badly then :lol:

Yeah, it's all over the place. Not up the the Chronicle's usual high standards of grammar and prose.

Guest palnese

Doesn't win this weekend and he's done, it'll be a mutual thing.

Spill the beans. This is interesting.

:lol: he knows fuck all

Serves him right then. He was reading the script enthusiastically enough when the contract extension was made public.

Where's that from?

:thup: embarrassing and predictable he was undermined from the very start. Why spend the money elsewhere on players that were not as essential as getting a proper CB in or was Lascelles supposed to be the great new hope based on very little?

If he really did make it clear he wanted a big vocal cb then accepted that we couldn't afford one, then he must be the most spineless twat in the world, especially considering how desperate the club were to make him manager.

Where's that from?

LOL.

Where's that from?

LOL.

You alright, pal?

Serves him right then. He was reading the script enthusiastically enough when the contract extension was made public.

Always the cheaper option.

Anyway, maybe Macca was lied to in his contract negotiations.  :lol: :lol:

Nailed on it would have been the ginger mackem so I'm glad Colo signed a new deal!

:thup: embarrassing and predictable he was undermined from the very start. Why spend the money elsewhere on players that were not as essential as getting a proper CB in or was Lascelles supposed to be the great new hope based on very little?

Because they always know better, despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary. Fucking morons.

Please tell me I've missed the joke. I would love to be whooshed right now.