Steve McClaren

Dave

The guy's absolutely shat himself. I wasn't even very worried but now I'm worried. Bloke is talking like we're f***ed when he should be talking about how we're going to blitz the next 6 games.

... this.

I was mildly optimistic going into the next run of games and now suddenly he's told me that I should actually be shitting the bed :lol:

Where oh where do ashley and his cronies find these people?!

I never thought he was the right man for our club and my opinion hasn't changed.  We needed a strong, charismatic leader.  Someone who's not only a good manager but has some gravitas and a reputation that would inspire respect.

I've come to expect nothing less from this regime though.  We appoint our managers In the same way that we buy players based not on what we need but for the cheapest and potentially most profitable deals we can find.  The tinfoil hat in me sometimes suspects Ashley appoints cheap English managers in the misguided hope that at some point they'll avoid fucking things up enough for England to come calling with a big fat compensation cheque.

Until the philosophy of the club changes, a change which can only come from the top, we're going to be Tesco value beans in a Heinz tin.

Open Top Bus Parade, Newcastle hit 40 points, get the ticker tape ready.

The man is a clown, this really is a case of you should celebrate just surviving 'coz that's your lot. How on earth was a decision made to believe that this idiot was the man to win something for Ashley. Lies upon lies, it's depressing stuff.

The guy's absolutely shat himself. I wasn't even very worried but now I'm worried. Bloke is talking like we're fucked when he should be talking about how we're going to blitz the next 6 games.

You're right like, I previously thought he was doing a reasonable job at keeping things calm despite the poor results but now it looks like he might actually be broken already.

Think he's a manager of limited ability who could probably do a half decent job in a well run, professional setup but has seriously underestimated the scale of the clusterfuck he was walking into.

The guy's absolutely shat himself. I wasn't even very worried but now I'm worried. Bloke is talking like we're f***ed when he should be talking about how we're going to blitz the next 6 games.

You're right like, I previously thought he was doing a reasonable job at keeping things calm despite the poor results but now it looks like he might actually be broken already.

Think he's a manager of limited ability who could probably do a half decent job in a well run, professional setup but has seriously underestimated the scale of the clusterfuck he was walking into.

He's not a manager, he's a coach and always has been. As a manager he's as aspiring as Ghonorrhoea. He turned the job down at least once and it's reasonable to assume he did so as he knew he wouldn't succeed, he clearly didn't think he could do better than Carver in keeping us up. Yet, unbelievably, we went back to him again when he got sacked for failing to inspire a faltering Derby side. Charnley and Carr have a lot to answer for.

McClaren is making Pardew look like a genius by comparison. You'd struggle to make it up.

Two spells in the CL under different managers in the past twenty years and he's comparing us to Boro ffs.

Not only them, but the 10-11 teams in the league who just want forty points.

So that'll be Bournemouth with their 11,000 seats ....

“If somebody said: ‘You’ll have 40 points by mid-April’, I’d take it,” said McClaren as he prepared for Sunday’s vital home against Norwich. “I think people would think I’d gone absolutely crazy if I turned that down. The most important thing for us is to get to 40 points. Especially with the new television deal, that has to be the absolute priority. It’s the same for 10 or 11 other clubs. It’s always the same; at Middlesbrough we used to have massive parties when we got to 40 points.”

“I’m here to help this football club go forward and my opinions on that have been voiced from day one,” said McClaren, who will be without his injured goalkeeper Tim Krul for the remainder of the campaign. “Everybody knows. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes, a lot of discussions and forward planning. I’m sitting there and saying: ‘You know what – we need to do this, and we need to do that.’ The next window is very important for this club.”

“We’re getting little setbacks that are causing us to disintegrate,” he said. “They’re shattering the confidence and belief. We need to address that, but I really believe there’s a win around the corner. We don’t quite know where, but once it happens and we get the monkey off our backs and the shackles are released, this team will really move forward.”

He's done. It's over. These are the ramblings of a man who knows he's not up to it, he's bitten off far more than he's able to chew. 16th October and 8 games in and that's just about that folks.

We are cabbaged.

Simply put, he needs to win tomorrow and avoid defeat against Sunderland. Whatever he's saying in the press, that's what needs to happen. If we lose or draw on Sunday I'm in the McClaren out camp because I think that would knock-on to defeat in the derby. Win tomorrow though I'd be optimistic.

Simply put, he needs to win tomorrow and avoid defeat against Sunderland. Whatever he's saying in the press, that's what needs to happen. If we lose or draw on Sunday I'm in the McClaren out camp because I think that would knock-on to defeat in the derby. Win tomorrow though I'd be optimistic.

Agree with all that except the last sentence. This group of players haven't got the guts to go toe to toe with them in a derby environment regardless of the Norwich result. They've bottled it time and time again and I don't expect any chance next week. As has been said, puts massive pressure on tomorrow.