Steve McClaren

Dave

Don't know how anyone can think this squad should be bottom of the table with 3 points tbh.

We're there because we're currently the worst team in the league. We were one of the worst teams in the league last season as well and only had our safety guaranteed on the final game. We've won 3 times in 2015.

Maybe this squad of players just aren't as good as you think they are?

Don't know how anyone can think this squad should be bottom of the table with 3 points tbh.

We're there because we're currently the worst team in the league. We were one of the worst teams in the league last season as well and only had our safety guaranteed on the final game. We've won 3 times in 2015.

Or again the management stuff are grossly under performing. Don't tell me you look at the likes of West Brom, Bournemouth, Norwich and so on and see better teams.

Hell Leicester are fucking 4th. :lol: I don't think they are anything special tbh, but they are a damn sight better than 3 points after 8 games and it's clear as fucking day that once again their coaching staff like when Pardew was here are not doing the job to the required standard.

I'm somehow still willing to give him time. Don't know if it's because I want him to be better than Pardew and McClaren failing would only give Pardew more praise or maybe it's because somehow I think we've played at times (albeit very short) some type of promising football and I think if we can play consistently for 90minutes we'll turn it around with ease.

Probably the Pardew bit though. 

I'm maybe suffering from a bit of Stockholm syndrome, but I don't really think we can overestimate the damage done to the playing squad's mental strength and confidence after 4 years of Alan Pardew. There's enough horror stories out there about Pardew pre-Newcastle to make me think the worst. I think some players are genuinely broken and possibly won't recover - Tiote, Sissoko, Cisse, Gouffran (he really was useful up front for Bordeaux), Anita, Krul. Not withstanding the players that moved on that at least had some capacity to become a talent after seemingly broken by Pardew - Santon, Yanga-Mbiwa, Guthrie to name a few, probably forgotten some.

The mindset of the squad is completely rotten, and the only way to get the squad to recover is to completely excise the players that re-enforce the hopelessness and apathy at the club - Coloccini, Tiote, Sissoko, Gouffran, Williamson, Cisse, Obertan, Anita, Taylor to name a few. I can't see our fortunes changing on the pitch unless this happens, or we get in a miracle man like Klopp, who is so above our station it's laughable, who can blank-slate the team.

I feel McClaren is probably the best manager we, under the current regime, can ever get. Who the hell else is going to come here? If we had a proper board who put in place a proper footballing infrastructure, we could have a manager like De Boer over in a snap. But this won't happen. So what do we do, deride McClaren for not having the skills to turn around a squad with such a rotten core, worse than the Owen days, or support him? At the end of the day, everything is futile. Either give up and throw the towel in and switch off, or get behind McClaren, that's the only options I can see. Unless something happens to change the setup at board-level, what else can we do?

Or again the management stuff are grossly under performing. Don't tell me you look at the likes of West Brom, Bournemouth, Norwich and so on and see better teams.

Hell Leicester are fucking 4th. :lol: I don't think they are anything special tbh, but they are a damn sight better than 3 points after 8 games and it's clear as fucking day that once again their coaching staff like when Pardew was here are not doing the job to the required standard.

It's not just individual names on the team sheet though it's about fostering a team spirit and collectiveness, we have none of that. Yes on paper we have some decent players but when few if any are performing as they could it doesn't mean anything.

With those other teams I could say confidently what their plan is and how they go about games, I couldn't with us.

Hell Leicester are f***ing 4th. :lol: I don't think they are anything special tbh, but they are a damn sight better than 3 points after 8 games and it's clear as f***ing day that once again their coaching staff like when Pardew was here are not doing the job to the required standard.

Currently. Everybody is better than Newcastle, dude. Football results are not won by looking at the squads "on paper". Like you also suggest.

However, I'd argue the three teams you mention above are more balanced than Newcastle, also they have fighting spirit. What incentive would the Newcastle players have to do well here?

Hell Leicester are f***ing 4th. :lol: I don't think they are anything special tbh, but they are a damn sight better than 3 points after 8 games and it's clear as f***ing day that once again their coaching staff like when Pardew was here are not doing the job to the required standard.

It's not just individual names on the team sheet though it's about fostering a team spirit and collectiveness, we have none of that. Yes on paper we have some decent players but when few if any are performing as they could it doesn't mean anything.

With those other teams I could say confidently what their plan is and how they go about games, I couldn't with us.

Whose fault is that ? aye the manager and his coaching staff, it's in their job description to do that.

Imagine picking Yoan Gouffran in defensive midfield. Picking him upfront or wide should be a sackable offence in itself never mind in central midfield.

Can only assume the bloke was absolutely off his tits or he's getting a perverse buzz off being absolutely gash.

This is what I've said about McLaren since he walked through the door, all else aside he's made horrible fucking decisions on a week by week basis.

It's not the managers fault that the players collapsed like a deck of cards yesterday because they've got no backbone. They are adults and they are professional players. Conceding 5 goals in 13 minutes will rarely happen in schoolboy football, let alone supposedly the best league in the world (copyright sky sports). To absolve them of any blame is daft.

Guest antz1uk

It's all irrelevant cos  McClaren won't be going anywhere, i doubt he will even walk as i'd imagine there'd be some sort of financial penalty in place to cover the cost of his backroom team

It's all irrelevant cos  McClaren won't be going anywhere, i doubt he will even walk as i'd imagine there'd be some sort of financial penalty in place to cover the cost of his backroom team

You think they'll charge McLaren for his backroom team if he leaves? [emoji38]

At this point the only hope I have is that McLaren isn't another money grabbing cunt longer Pardew who will hang on forever regardless.

There's a loser mentality that has been created at the club over many years, there have been no consequences for being shit at your job. We hire failed coaches, give them big contracts, don't sack them after performing abysmally. We keep failed players at the club to avoid having to replace them, we give long new contracts to players that have been performing poorly for eons, players can fail for dozens of games but keep a regular place in the squad while the transfer windows go by. Pundits and journalists talk about the pressure of playing at SJP, but if you ask me there is no pressure, where's the pressure on Gouffran or Coloccini or Colback? I'm sure it will be the same throughout the club, not just on the playing side. The club is full of losers by choice, and if a player comes here with a winning mentality, as someone like Mitrovic has, well that will soon be drained out of them by the environment.

This isn't McClaren's fault, but he's not the man to change it in a million years, he doesn't have the authority, track record, reputation, or talent. He's just a blancmange.

It's not the managers fault that the players collapsed like a deck of cards yesterday because they've got no backbone. They are adults and they are professional players. Conceding 5 goals in 13 minutes will rarely happen in schoolboy football, let alone supposedly the best league in the world (copyright sky sports). To absolve them of any blame is daft.

Given that we can't sack all of the players our only hope is to get someone in to motivate this rabble to roll their sleeves up when it gets a bit tough. McClaren is bereft of any motivational skills, he has no presence and no charisma. He didn't want to come in the first place which suggests to me he didn't believe he had what it would take to make it work. He'd been in contact with Carr for a good while beforehand and no doubt been told what the players were like to work with. He eventually came because we were stupid enough to appoint him once he been sacked for failing to instil belief in a wobbling Derby team.

He has to go, we are 5 points from safety already, give it another 5 or 6 games and it will be too late.

You think they'll charge McLaren for his backroom team if he leaves? [emoji38]

At this point the only hope I have is that McLaren isn't another money grabbing cunt longer Pardew who will hang on forever regardless.

At this point the only hope I have is that McClaren starts getting some results.

As a club we're incapable of appointing a decent manager, those above McClaren just don't have it in them.  At the very least we're screwed while Charnley remains in his position and more likely than not until Ashley pisses off.

The best thing any of our fans can do is move on and find something worthwhile to do on a weekend, following NUFC just isn't worth the grief.

As a club we're incapable of appointing a decent manager, those above McClaren just don't have it in them.  At the very least we're screwed while Charnley remains in his position and more likely than not until Ashley pisses off.

The best thing any of our fans can do is move on and find something worthwhile to do on a weekend, following NUFC just isn't worth the grief.

If only this was an easy thing to do, then I would have changed clubs ages ago.

I wouldn't change clubs but weekends are so much more enjoyable when I only check the score rather than invest my time in the club.  I've invested my weekends in NUFC for decades and it just isn't worth it any more.  Most of us know we're not going to have anything to look forward to, despite what Ashley said at the end of last season, we still exist to exist and have absolutely no ambition.

As far as I'm concerned the single most important person at the club is the manager and we've screwed that one up with every appointment under Ashley.

I wouldn't change clubs but weekends are so much more enjoyable when I only check the score rather than invest my time in the club.  I've invested my weekends in NUFC for decades and it just isn't worth it any more.  Most of us know we're not going to have anything to look forward to, despite what Ashley said at the end of last season, we still exist to exist and have absolutely no ambition.

As far as I'm concerned the single most important person at the club is the manager and we've screwed that one up with every appointment under Ashley.

I can't argue with that. I'm not a local and I'm not from the UK.

What amazes me is how both Newcastle and Sunderland can be so bad over so many years. Does it have anything to do with the region, the North East? I don't know... but it is quite a coincidence if not...

Given that we can't sack all of the players our only hope is to get someone in to motivate this rabble to roll their sleeves up when it gets a bit tough. McClaren is bereft of any motivational skills, he has no presence and no charisma. He didn't want to come in the first place which suggests to me he didn't believe he had what it would take to make it work. He'd been in contact with Carr for a good while beforehand and no doubt been told what the players were like to work with. He eventually came because we were stupid enough to appoint him once he been sacked for failing to instil belief in a wobbling Derby team.

He has to go, we are 5 points from safety already, give it another 5 or 6 games and it will be too late.

That seems to be the Mackem model to keep on changing manager instead of looking at the bigger picture and they're no better off than us. McClaren probably isn't the answer as most of us predicted but the problems at the club lie far deeper. He goes and we get another loser in and we're no better off. Until we rid ourselves of Ashley and his merry men this will always be where we're at. A losers mentality running right through the club and 2nd rate foreign plodders with hearts the size of peas recruited by a dinosaur of a chief scout.

Ashley could have went for a top manager in the summer but they don't come cheap and wouldn't want Carr buying their players for them either so yet again we went for the cheap yes man, just like his last 3 appointments before him. No reason to think McClarens replacement would be any better than Kinnear/Pardew/Carver.

We all know the real cancer but that's a different matter. Ashley will not want us relegated, he's on record saying the new manager was down to Charnley and Carr; it's well known we wanted a Head Coach and not a Manager, all to suit what was seen as the magic recruitment policy. I'd get rid of Charnley and Carr who think they are untouchable and appear to have no accountability. It goes without saying that McClaren needs to go.

There's too much TV and free advertising for Ashley to sit and wait. He's a rich man but he'll not want to fall off this gravy train. Nor would he like his words from last year being rammed back down his throat.

There'll be all scurrying around looking for a scape goat, McClaren is the easy target and let's be honest he needs to go. The others will be far far harder to remove.

What makes you think the next manager will be any better given the last 3 managers Ashley appointed before McClaren (Kinnear, Pardew, Carver)?

For me the appointment of a good manager in the summer was crucial given how we ended last season and the huge TV money for next season but we got another cheap, English option.

This is how it is until Ashley's gone. People need to wake up to that fact. Nothing is going to change on or off the pitch until he's gone. The last 8 years tells us that.

What makes you think the next manager will be any better given the last 3 managers Ashley appointed before McClaren (Kinnear, Pardew, Carver)?

For me the appointment of a good manager in the summer was crucial given how we ended last season and the huge TV money for next season but we got another cheap, English option.

This is how it is until Ashley's gone. People need to wake up to that fact. Nothing is going to change on or off the pitch until he's gone. The last 8 years tells us that.

Not wading into the argument on anyone's side here like, but that's what my line of thinking is, and why I was happy to see people turn on McClaren so fast, whether it was deserved or not.

Ashley cannot keep it up if he's having to get a new manager in every 6 months again, something has to give.

So in the weekend two teams draw and their managers depart, we get tonked 6-1, are without a win all season and find ourselves at the bottom of the league and yet we still persist with ours. Not even a murmur or hint that he's under pressure.