Steve McClaren

Dave

Our problems shift around all the time. One minute it's defence, then it's midfield, now it looks like forward line. It all needs fixing sadly. At least 4 quality players need to come in.

Annoying how we only seem to turn up against top sides, probably because they don't rely on pure strength, pace and passion. That seems to scare our boys more than technique.

We played surprisingly well today but he doesn't get much credit from me for being on the touchline when the spineless f***ers actually turn up just because we're playing a top side. Again.

I suppose it's an improvement from being arseholed almost every time (Pardew) but it's patently obvious that he can't get them to this level by himself.

Disagree today. I think Tiote and Wijnaldum in midfield made us look a different team, nothing to do with being 'up for it' against a top team. We did not let their midfield dominate and it nearly worked.

We played surprisingly well today but he doesn't get much credit from me for being on the touchline when the spineless f***ers actually turn up just because we're playing a top side. Again.

I suppose it's an improvement from being arseholed almost every time (Pardew) but it's patently obvious that he can't get them to this level by himself.

Disagree today. I think Tiote and Wijnaldum in midfield made us look a different team, nothing to do with being 'up for it' against a top team. We did not let their midfield dominate and it nearly worked.

This made a difference no doubt as the midfield two didn't sit as deep as they weren't as isolated by a big fucking hole in the middle of the pitch but Dave's point also still stands, they turn up against the big name teams because that motivates the likes of Sissoko and the manager is clearly incapable of motiving them for run of the mill games against normal sides in the league.

I agree, Wijnaldum needs to play central. Everyone knew that apart from McClaren it seems, and it's taken him 20 games to realise.  Tiote was outstanding and added something we havent had all season.  Neither Anita or Colback would have had Özil in their pocket like he did today. Thing with Tiote is you never know.. next game he could quite literally go back to complete shit

This made a difference no doubt as the midfield two didn't sit as deep as they weren't as isolated by a big f***ing hole in the middle of the pitch but Dave's point also still stands, they turn up against the big name teams because that motivates the likes of Sissoko and the manager is clearly incapable of motiving them for run of the mill games against normal sides in the league.

I'd love it if he dropped Colback against Man Utd, put Sissoko in alongside those two, and started Thauvin on the right. Play your best players in their best positions and you play decent football. It's not rocket science.

I agree, Wijnaldum needs to play central. Everyone knew that apart from McClaren it seems, and it's taken him 20 games to realise.  Tiote was outstanding and added something we havent had all season.  Neither Anita or Colback would have had Özil in their pocket like he did today. Thing with Tiote is you never know.. next game he could quite literally go back to complete shit

The midfield can't possibly look worse than when we have the dynamic midget duo in tandem.

Needs to give Thauvin a run in the team imo and ditch Colback. Focus on getting good delivery into Mitrovic and Perez, we desperately need to start scoring.

We got plenty of good deliveries in today, they just aren't going to get us many goals at this stage of their careers. Wijnaldum is our best bet for a goal by a mile

Needs to give Thauvin a run in the team imo and ditch Colback. Focus on getting good delivery into Mitrovic and Perez, we desperately need to start scoring.

We got plenty of good deliveries in today, they just aren't going to get us many goals at this stage of their careers. Wijnaldum is our best bet for a goal by a mile

Wijnaldum's finishing was atrocious today though.

Wijnaldum's finishing was atrocious today though.

He's still our best bet for a goal

Looked worse for the subs IMO.

The subs left us wide open and Arsenal had more space to attack.

However, we were only 1 nil down and chasing the game so had to gamble a bit.

True enough. Though the swing was a bit dramatic for tiote coming off.

He needs to make subs quicker, in fact the subs he does make are the players who should starting.

They have to be 60 min mark really, 70 mark at a push. I can't see how a player can realistically get in to a game and change it if they get less than 5 mins. Sometimes we don't see the ball for 5 mins, let alone get it to that sub.