Steve McClaren

Dave

Anyone go or hear the chanting? It was FA cup day so like the club, I didn't  bother with it at all. What was sang at him and was it loud and the full away end? X

I didn't go but according to all the local journo's who were there it was pretty bad and was directed at players, McClaren and Ashley. Not sure on the exact songs sung though.

Anyone go or hear the chanting? It was FA cup day so like the club, I didn't  bother with it at all. What was sang at him and was it loud and the full away end? X

I wasn't there but from what I gathered, he's basically referring to the chant 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' which was directed at Thauvin. I don't think he's wrong either, think it was very harsh.

I didn't go but according to all the local journo's who were there it was pretty bad and was directed at players, McClaren and Ashley. Not sure on the exact songs sung though.

A selection of chants that could be heard over the radio

"You're nothing special, we're shit every week"

"We're shit and we're sick of it"

"You're getting sacked in the morning"

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"

"We want our money back"

and of course

"Get out of our club"

Guest antz1uk

for the first time in my long suffering nufc supporting life i have been offered a hospitality ticket for Tues match v Man utd and i really can't be arsed to go, it's only the thought of the free drink and bait that is drawing me towards it

I think some of the journalists had already written their stories on it to be honest. There were songs sung and booing at the end as well as abuse from about half the fans there, but nothing like the ferocity of the Leicester cup game last season imo. Most of the negativity was directed at the club in general for being shit and Ashley, but there was an airing of "don't know what you're doing" aimed at McClaren just after he subbed Mbabu.

The chanting really started about 20 minutes from the end, but was as half-hearted as the support had been beforehand imo. What really struck me most of all was the air of resignation to it all. Just my opinion, but it seems that apathy rather than anger is what has really kicked in for a large proportion of fans. But it's harder for Ryder/Douglas/Edwards to make as good a headline out of that.

His days are numbered like. People will turn on him and he'll crack.

I don't know tbh. Henry Winter on Sky was putting the blame squarely on McClaren for the poor results, he reckons this squad should be capable of much better. The journalists don't try to cover his arse in the same way they did for Pardew, he seems to be held in low regard after his shambolic stint as England manager.

I reckon Ashley and Charnley probably suspect they've hired a lemon but they won't want to look stupid by sacking him. Their plan is probably to cross their fingers and hope the luck turns somewhere before the end of the season.

His days are numbered like. People will turn on him and he'll crack.

I don't know tbh. Henry Winter on Sky was putting the blame squarely on McClaren for the poor results, he reckons this squad should be capable of much better. The journalists don't try to cover his arse in the same way they did for Pardew, he seems to be held in low regard after his shambolic stint as England manager.

I reckon Ashley and Charnley probably suspect they've hired a lemon but they won't want to look stupid by sacking him. Their plan is probably to cross their fingers and hope the luck turns somewhere before the end of the season.

It'll be the constant pressure from the fans once it starts. It always starts with the away fans, then it will filter through to a majority of the home support. Irrespective of what Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber want, he's in the direct firing line and he'll always jump ship before he is pushed.

This clown won't be doing any better with a few new signings. He's never been able to turn things around at pretty much every clib he's been at. When it starts poorly, he can't turn the corner.

Get rid now and get someone else in. If he's still here and we're in the championship, there's not a chance he'll bring us back up. Giving him a chance to work with new signings, if they materialise, still won't do us any good.

I think some of the journalists had already written their stories on it to be honest. There were songs sung and booing at the end as well as abuse from about half the fans there, but nothing like the ferocity of the Leicester cup game last season imo. Most of the negativity was directed at the club in general for being s*** and Ashley, but there was an airing of "don't know what you're doing" aimed at McClaren just after he subbed Mbabu.

The chanting really started about 20 minutes from the end, but was as half-hearted as the support had been beforehand imo. What really struck me most of all was the air of resignation to it all. Just my opinion, but it seems that apathy rather than anger is what has really kicked in for a large proportion of fans. But it's harder for Ryder/Douglas/Edwards to make as good a headline out of that.

I agree with this and surprised that it has got the headlines it has.  Goodness knows how McClaren would cope with the Stoke level of abuse that Pardew had.

Didn't he stick it out at Middlesbrough though, fans wanting him out and one running at him throwing their season ticket at him.

Yes, which is why I think those who think he will walk are living in false hope. If he quits he knows he's finished at this level, plus there's too much money on the line for him to walk away from a job like this. While it's mathematically possible to stay up he'll hang around. More in hope than any belief he can change it.

He did yeah, but he jacked Forest in pretty quickly. I don't think he'd be able to withstand what Pardew did.

Not sure but i think he's only walked away from two jobs, Twente (2nd stint) and Forest, he's been sacked from the rest, or left to go to another job.

Scarily he doesn't actually look like a walker from a job  :scared:

Didn't he stick it out at Middlesbrough though, fans wanting him out and one running at him throwing their season ticket at him.

Yes, which is why I think those who think he will walk are living in false hope. If he quits he knows he's finished at this level, plus there's too much money on the line for him to walk away from a job like this. While it's mathematically possible to stay up he'll hang around. More in hope than any belief he can change it.

Aye, doesn't look like he'd walk does it.

He did yeah, but he jacked Forest in pretty quickly. I don't think he'd be able to withstand what Pardew did.

Not sure but i think he's only walked away from two jobs, Twente (2nd stint) and Forest, he's been sacked from the rest, or left to go to another job.

Scarily he doesn't actually look like a walker from a job  :scared:

Yeah,I'm worried but I think he's softer than old fish lips, if it gets really nasty I don't think he'd stick it.  Was just checking his forest resignation,

"He was upset at not being able to secure two Premier League players on loan terms. The chairman felt the wages would be too high."

McClaren had stated after the 5-1 midweek defeat at Burnley that dramatic changes needed to take place at the club.

"Something drastic has to be done because we can't carry on like this," he told BBC Radio Nottingham after the hammering at Turf Moor.

Can't see him saying that here tbh

I'm not sure i'm remembering this correctly but didn't he fall out with the Forest owners, hence leading him to leave, along with poor results as well mind.

And you're bang on, there's no way he's say that. He's had ample chance already and said nothing, as gutless as his predecessor in that regard.

Ashley employs people so desperate for a/another crack at the big time that they won't say a thing if he f***s them over for fear of losing their job.

That's what winds me up about the pardew thing, we get grief for how he was treated but he was on the verge of falling out of the game when we gave him a job, sacked in League 1, he would be nowhere near the PL without us.

Yep, and that bloody 5th place...it seems to repeatedly give him an easy ride with everyone not connected with us, apart from his previous teams fans who know he's a total arse.

Just remembering his "judge me after 10 games" statement at the beginning of the season.

Well after 20 games (plus 3 cup games) it's clear that he's completely clueless, out of his depth and even worse than we all feared. Worryingly I don't see where he can go from here, he's racking up failure after failure on his CV, so I can't see him being too quick to hold his hands up, admit he's not up to it, and walk away because after this I think he's done as a manager, certainly in the top 2 divisions.

Steve McClaren is doing exactly what he is been paid for, First Team Coach we don't actually have a manager that takes overall control of everything.