Steve McClaren

Dave

I would appoint a temporary manager now, not rush into a long term appointment and try to stay up at the same time.

Yeah that'll work, never tried it before like  :lol:

Aye a temp for now, and then someone totally uninspiring in the summer.

I would appoint a temporary manager now, not rush into a long term appointment and try to stay up at the same time.

Not someone utter shit obviously. I just mean the type that would put a rocket up the players for a few weeks might not be the type we want as permanent manager.

I think he means a manager though, not a John Carver. Worked for the mackems with DiCanio (in reality a temporary manager) and Advocaat

Not someone utter shit obviously. I just mean the type that would put a rocket up the players for a few weeks might not be the type we want as permanent manager.

Just appoint Moyes (or whoever the next permanent manager is now), if they keep us up great. If not give them the tools to next season.

I certainly don't want McClaren to be given the chance in the Championship.

I think he means a manager though, not a John Carver. Worked for the mackems with DiCanio (in reality a temporary manager) and Advocaat

I know Ian did, i was just chuckling at our past efforts. You just know we'll fuck it up.

Today was worse than anything served up the last time we went down. A relegation rival and he players couldn't be arsed cos they've lost all belief. I expected us to lose but my god we lost shambolically and without any pride.

Not sure Moyes would keep us up tbh. The Moyes coming straight from Everton probably would, but he's been damaged by his last two jobs and his confidence has taken a big knock.  Still I'd take that over the ginger tosser we currently have.

I agree, I don't think he's a quick fix manager, he'd need time to build. I don't think this squad is the type he would want to work with either.

Moyes wouldn't keep us up, not enough time. Only a massive personality will lift this bunch in the remaining games.

Those making decisions at the club are slow to see the light, but perhaps they now realise that spunking a few extra quid on a decent manager could have saved so much in pointless January signings.

It's Rafa or relegation, thems the options.

They simply won't go for Rafa, get that out of your heads. If there's a move it'll be Moyes guaranteed.

I think you're giving the board too much credit there.

Nah. Common knowledge Ashley tried for Moyes twice, he's British and not particularly in demand. Ticks all the boxes.