Steve McClaren

Dave

I've changed my mind, anyway. I do think they are considering their options, otherwise something would have got out by now - officially or more likely via the local journalists and/or 'media partners' stating that they have full confidence in McClaren turning things around. They clearly have doubts about that.

That said, if they do decide to bin him (and I'll still be surprised if they do) I fully expect the replacement to be the lowest rent option. Sherwood, Pearson, Redknapp, Sanchez or similar. It absolutely will not be someone of the calibre of Benitez. Even if they miraculously decided someone like that was suddenly worthy of investment, I simply cannot see what attraction there would be. We don't offer full control (we employ coaches, not managers), we don't offer good wages, we don't have a good squad and the facilities are pathetic by modern standards. Most important of all we're in a downward spiral and heading for relegation. Nobody of any repute would touch us with a shitty stick, and rightly so.

For 10 games, none of that matters. No players to sign, no politics, and a bag full of cash. That's all Ashley will be banking on, then we'll appoint some dogegg in the summer depending on which division we are in.

I've changed my mind, anyway. I do think they are considering their options, otherwise something would have got out by now - officially or more likely via the local journalists and/or 'media partners' stating that they have full confidence in McClaren turning things around. They clearly have doubts about that.

That said, if they do decide to bin him (and I'll still be surprised if they do) I fully expect the replacement to be the lowest rent option. Sherwood, Pearson, Redknapp, Sanchez or similar. It absolutely will not be someone of the calibre of Benitez. Even if they miraculously decided someone like that was suddenly worthy of investment, I simply cannot see what attraction there would be. We don't offer full control (we employ coaches, not managers), we don't offer good wages, we don't have a good squad and the facilities are pathetic by modern standards. Most important of all we're in a downward spiral and heading for relegation. Nobody of any repute would touch us with a shitty stick, and rightly so.

For 10 games, none of that matters. No players to sign, no politics, and a bag full of cash. That's all Ashley will be banking on, then we'll appoint some dogegg in the summer depending on which division we are in.

I don't believe they'd offer a bag full of cash, and to think there would be no politics is wishful thinking of the highest order.

Let's also not forget that the people spinning this particular yarn have vested interests in keeping us lot on the hook. Clicking on Daily Mail website links, gambling on next manager to leave and arrive via Sky Bet and so on.

I don't believe they'd offer a bag full of cash, and to think there would be no politics is wishful thinking of the highest order.

You don't think they'll offer whoever it is mega-money as a bonus for keeping us up? Ashley loves a bonus, and considering he'd stand to pocket £125m just for finishing last next season if we stay up, it is a drop in the ocean. The very fact they're deviating away from the plan shows Ashley is panicked about missing out on next season's windfall, I just think, perhaps naively, that he'll throw his usual principles out of the window if it means getting his hands on the cash next season

You don't think they'll offer whoever it is mega-money as a bonus for keeping us up? Ashley loves a bonus, and considering he'd stand to pocket £125m just for finishing last next season if we stay up, it is a drop in the ocean. The very fact they're deviating away from the plan shows Ashley is panicked about missing out on next season's windfall, I just think, perhaps naively, that he'll throw his usual principles out of the window if it means getting his hands on the cash next season

If it were as simple as that, we'd have done it ages ago. Why fuck about letting the risk get bigger and bigger? We've been down the bottom of the league for months.

If it were as simple as that, we'd have done it ages ago. Why fuck about letting the risk get bigger and bigger? We've been down the bottom of the league for months.

Because they don't like to admit they got it wrong? Seemingly some of them still don't, if the stories are to be believed about a couple of people not wanting to sack him. There's a number of other reasons they might have waited - up until about 2 weeks ago it was 3 from about 7 teams, which is now down to 4, realistically. The various stories of unrest could also have triggered Ashley's interest, or maybe he just witnessed how shit we were on Saturday and thought fuck this.

Apart from Robson, we haven't hired a maanger of genuine pedigree in my lifetime. Even Keegan was coming into his first job. Rafa would make a nice change.

Who am I kidding? McC's probably distracted Charnley with osme magic beans and convinced him he can get us out of this.

Dalglish.

Yep. Whatever you thought about his time here he did great things at Liverpool and Blackburn.

Sure this has been gone over loads, but the failure of that appointment convinces me we're jinxed.

Won the league at his previous 2 teams, even won the League Cup at his 'unsuccessful' second Liverpool spell. Inherited a team that'd come second, had good relationship and experience of winning the league with our new main man. Comes 13th. FFS.

Dave is on the turn, that's one of the 4 horsemen right there. The Rafture is coming.

Guest Phillipealbert

I sense a tremor in the force. This is it. He's boxed in.

That wasn't the force. You just sharted.

Dave is on the turn, that's one of the 4 horsemen right there. The Rafture is coming.

Just the sort of cheap knock off I'd expect from NUFC

Guest reefatoon

Be nice to have Rafa, marvellous to have a proper fat manager for a change.

You are a proper chubby lover aren't you.

Until the end of the season only reported by the Mail and SSN.

Back to square one in the summer  :lol:

It's makes sense, if it turns out to be anyone half decent, they won't want to manage in the championship if we go down.

Be nice to have Rafa, marvellous to have a proper fat manager for a change.

You are a proper chubby lover aren't you.

No, not really, certainly not of portly male Spaniards. But Rafa as a manager, well i like the chubby git.