Steve McClaren

Dave

Whether McClaren deserves to be treated in this way or not is arguable but it would be nice if the club could treat people with some respect now and again. 

They get upset at the negative press but if they just conducted themselves in a better manner, they might find that people would respond more positively to them.

Even though he's been s*** for us, this is a really bad way to treat him.

yep.

No way. If he's unwilling to walk away despite being totally inept at his job then keep him where is, doing what he's paid to do until he's relieved.

either back him or pay the man what he's owed and sack him. this limbo is bad form.

He's the only one who's acted professionally  here imo.

Whether McClaren deserves to be treated in this way or not is arguable but it would be nice if the club could treat people with some respect now and again. 

They get upset at the negative press but if they just conducted themselves in a better manner, they might find that people would respond more positively to them.

exactly, just do things right, for once!

yep.

No way. If he's unwilling to walk away despite being totally inept at his job then keep him where is, doing what he's paid to do until he's relieved.

I wouldn't walk away from my job if I knew they were going to replace me and pay me off. Granted I don't manage a football club and my software work has no fans to be upset at me but when it comes down to it. It's a job and he has a contract and he should be dealt with professionally.

Sorry, still don't hold with the "bad way to treat him" line. Well, not entirely anyway. He could have had some dignity and walked rather than wait for pay (note: could have) or demanded a meeting sooner since he knew all this was kicking off.

I never wanted him when he first started getting mentioned, but bar my frustration yesterday I don't really hate him. He isn't really on the level of pardew or carver who I totally despise. He seemed open and honest at first but could only repeat the same old sh*t when we lost after his terrible decisions.

I do remember the good things he has done though; got rid of carver and stone, tried to play decent football, sold williamson and perhaps it was his influence that helped open the purse strings somewhat and the reports he wanted shot of colo.

His persistence with playing colback is irritating though, as have been his latest team selections (unless he made them to very dangerously make a point about the squad quality).

In short, I think he did bring some good things but he needs to step aside. Because I reckon he might have been influential in some signings then I would still be happy with him on the board as in fairness, he is a football person which we need in the boardroom (who isn't dennis effing wise).

yep.

Exactly.  The club have acted like cunts.  But McClaren knew what he was getting himself in for and he has been out of his depth for a long while.  He must know the job is beyond him?

KK walked when we treated him like shit.  He also walked from England, knowing full well he wasn't up to it.  He didn't hang around for a big payoff. 

Yet he was labelled a bottler by some and McClaren has all and sundry feeling sorry for him?  He got a massive compensation package from the England job, as well.  So he's got previous. 

He doesn't deserve any sympathy IMO.  I mean, he seems  like a decent enough guy.  But the man is a shit manager, who has been terrible for us and he's already extremely rich.  I bet it's really hard for the poor bloke.  Here he is hanging about like a bad smell and being treated like shit.  He hasn't got any dignity or morals, to even stand up to the club or say anything in the press.  He's just sitting around waiting for another payoff.

I don't despise him in the same way I do Pardew.  Or think he's as much of a helmet as Carver.  But I still don't particularly like how he's acting. 

The club are a mess from top to bottom.  So McClaren fits in quite well. 

Agree with this. The longer this goes on, the more wider sympathy there will be for SMc and rightly so.

Agree with this. The longer this goes on, the more wider sympathy there will be for SMc and rightly so.

Absolutely

Guest Roger Kint

50000 abusing McClaren = Acceptable

3 men ignoring McClaren = Sympathy

Fuck that, he is well paid and knows the way it works. If he cared he would have offered to leave

f*** that, he is well paid and knows the way it works. If he cared he would have offered to leave

Exactly.  I'm not saying I would walk if I were in his shoes.  It's not like he should be expected to, either.  But it doesn't mean the useless twat should be getting sympathy. 

f*** that, he is well paid and knows the way it works. If he cared he would have offered to leave

Exactly.  I'm not saying I would walk if I were in his shoes.  It's not like he should be expected to, either.  But it doesn't mean the useless t*** should be getting sympathy.

This sums up my feelings too.

Don't get why people are giving McClaren crap over not walking - why should he walk?  It isn't a question of dignity or morals.  I wouldn't walk in his position.

He's not getting abuse for not walking - he's just not getting sympathy for being "treated poorly".

He probably doesn't need or want sympathy either. He knows the drill, this works out perfectly for him. Do a chronic job, another payoff, more free time and his next job is never too far away whenever his hair-island implant funds begin to deplete.