Steve McClaren

Dave

He did so fantastically well with Derby that they sacked him.

It usually transpires that a lot of the managers who come up from the Championship aren't good enough for the Premier League. Our fans are busy trying to convince themselves that one who couldn't even manage the play-offs is good enough for Newcastle United. Christ.

He did so fantastically well with Derby that they sacked him.

It usually transpires that a lot of the managers who come up from the Championship aren't good enough for the Premier League. Our fans are busy trying to convince themselves that one who couldn't even manage the play-offs is good enough for Newcastle United. Christ.

:thup:

McClaren speaking about going to Twente.

You've spoken of how the first six months can be tough. Why is that? Adapting to a new culture?

Yeah, you can be set in your ways of working. You have ideas of what works and what doesn't. I went in there and I was very lucky because I had good staff. My assistant was great on the very first day I was there. I said to him that I was ready for training and asked him what we were going to do. He produced a folder with files outlining training for the next six weeks.

Every minute was detailed, every session was detailed. He pointed out where I could do my work, where we could do team play and where we could do set plays. I thought it was unbelievable. It was manna from heaven for me. I knew exactly what I was doing so just had to get on with it.

That gave me an opportunity to sit back, let them get on with the work and observe for about six weeks. That six weeks of observing, watching and learning their culture was very important. I got to learn what Dutch football was all about, what Twente were all about and what the Eredivisie was all about, because all leagues are different.

About 80 per cent or 90 per cent of what they did was fantastic so I though, right, we'll keep that. The only thing I could add was my 10 per cent of knowledge and experience of international top-level football and how to win football matches. That's what I did. It was a marriage that worked very well the first time I was there.

http://i.imgur.com/ErPyqwK.jpg

"What's this about folders, Steve? Files?!"

http://i.imgur.com/2KYmZJQ.jpg

"Daft cunt!"

I personally think he'll turn it down. We'll end up with carver.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this happens. He has turned us down twice before in the past six months, so clearly he doesn't think we're all that. This club man, whoring ourselves to a sacked Championship manager who has failed at his last four jobs with the most likely alternative being the worst (?) Premier League caretaker manager the competition has ever seen. :lol:

In England, the manager is in charge of roughly everything in terms of what he wants to do and who he wants to sign. In Holland, I was the trainer and the technical director so I had that responsibility as well. But in Germany I had that general manager in the middle and I'm afraid I didn't adapt to that very well. In the end, that was my downfall.

McClaren speaking about going to Twente.

You've spoken of how the first six months can be tough. Why is that? Adapting to a new culture?

Yeah, you can be set in your ways of working. You have ideas of what works and what doesn't. I went in there and I was very lucky because I had good staff. My assistant was great on the very first day I was there. I said to him that I was ready for training and asked him what we were going to do. He produced a folder with files outlining training for the next six weeks.

Every minute was detailed, every session was detailed. He pointed out where I could do my work, where we could do team play and where we could do set plays. I thought it was unbelievable. It was manna from heaven for me. I knew exactly what I was doing so just had to get on with it.

That gave me an opportunity to sit back, let them get on with the work and observe for about six weeks. That six weeks of observing, watching and learning their culture was very important. I got to learn what Dutch football was all about, what Twente were all about and what the Eredivisie was all about, because all leagues are different.

About 80 per cent or 90 per cent of what they did was fantastic so I though, right, we'll keep that. The only thing I could add was my 10 per cent of knowledge and experience of international top-level football and how to win football matches. That's what I did. It was a marriage that worked very well the first time I was there.

http://i.imgur.com/ErPyqwK.jpg

"What's this about folders, Steve? Files?!"

http://i.imgur.com/2KYmZJQ.jpg

"Daft c***!"

:lol:

Also, to clarify, it most definitely wasn't me.

In England, the manager is in charge of roughly everything in terms of what he wants to do and who he wants to sign. In Holland, I was the trainer and the technical director so I had that responsibility as well. But in Germany I had that general manager in the middle and I'm afraid I didn't adapt to that very well. In the end, that was my downfall.

Oh my God, you couldn't make it up :mackems:

Cass linkage https://beanbagsports.com/blog/2015/06/02/exclusive-steve-mcclaren-is-the-new-manager-of-newcastle-united/

EXCLUSIVE – Steve McClaren is the new manager of Newcastle United

June 2, 2015 4:43 pm

An announcement about the appointment of the 54-year-old former England coach will be made when he returns from a brief holiday next week.

McClaren will take charge of a dressing room which includes several high-priced players as billionaire owner Mike Ashley loosens the purse strings to provide chief scout Graham Carr and managing director Lee Charnley with unprecedented spending money.

The announcement of his new job follows his sacking by Derby County just over a week ago and provides McClaren with a Premier League role which was denied when the Rams missed out on the Championship promotion play-offs.

Newcastle fans will be hoping he can repeat the success he had in his last North-East job when he guided Middlesbrough to the biggest successes in the club’s history – a League Cup win and finalists in the UEFA Cup.

McClaren was the only real contender for the job after Newcastle decided not to pursue their interest in Patrick Viera.

Bob Cass

How reliable is beanbagsports?  :lol:

Never heard of it but Bob Cass has been around for ages, used to write for the Daily Mail.

:thup: Don't doubt the information I just never had heard of the source. Sounds like the name of an news parody site or something

Never heard of it but Bob Cass has been around for ages, used to write for the Daily Mail.

:thup: Don't doubt the information I just never had heard of the source. Sounds like the name of an news parody site or something

:lol: