Liverpool (h) pre match thread

madras

Guest Darth Toon

Well according the the Chron it will be Beye in the centre and Geremi right back, so I reckon we're looking at:

Harper

Geremi  -  Beye  -  Rozehnal  -  N'Zogbia

Barton  -  Butt    -  Smith

Martins -  Viduka  -  Milner

Personally I would go 4-4-2 with Enrique full back, Milner and Zog down the flanks and Smith on the bench but I reckon the above is what Sam will opt for.

Guest Sniffer

Let's hope Liverpool don't bring their A game or this could be a bigger embarassment than the Pompy match.

Looks like it's just about worldwide as well.

I would play

Given

Geremi  Beye  Roze  Enrique

Milner  Barton Butt  Zoggy

Oba    Viduka

He will play

Harper

Geremi Beye Roze Zoggy

Smith Butt Barton

Milner                          Martins

Viduka

Guest Sniffer

I'm not sure it will make much difference which team or formation we choose. If we keep belting high balls up the middle giving away posession, then that just puts the defence under added pressure time after time. And the high ball is Fat Sam's only tactic.

Guest Guinness

This is going to be a very difficult game for us defensively, we've not seen how Beye copes in a central role yet and with him probably being up against Torres things will be tough. Without Faye at the back we tend to get exposed in the air, Roz has struggled against tough forwards and if they go with Crouch his height could cause us problems.

They are very solid at the back, but their central defenders aren't the quickest so hopefully we can look to exploit that with the pace of Martins.

If Rafa doesn't play Crouch we will do well defensively tomorrow. Beye and Rozehnal are mobile enough and athletic enough to not get dominated by Torres. If Rafa decides to pump balls up to crouch though, then it will be difficult for them.

I think we need to g0 4-5-1 to protect them a bit more back there.

if all goes to plan liverpool will win. hopefully the disquiet with rafa and the owners, plus rafa's incessant tinkering will help us. the team madras listed is prolly the best we can go with, not at all keen to see rozehnal and beye, they're both pretty soft and not particularly great in the air despite them both being tall.

Dave

GeJon NE5 Howaythelads James

madras Mick BlufPurdi indi

Yorkie-Geordie Kev

me upfront with my sweet left foot  :razz: dodgy dave in goal  :lol:

You upfront Kev  :lol:

Being an ex-mackem player i'm sure that i should slot in there at right back ( even though i've now played upfont since i was released  :lol: )

Dave

GeJon NE5 Howaythelads James

madras Mick BlufPurdi indi

Yorkie-Geordie Kev

me upfront with my sweet left foot  :razz: dodgy dave in goal  :lol:

You upfront Kev  :lol:

Being an ex-mackem player i'm sure that i should slot in there at right back ( even though i've now played upfont since i was released  :lol: )

sad mackem b******

hope we target hyppia if he plays, definitely a weak link. though i hear that liverpool defend much deeper with hyppia which could negate Martins' pace. with agger in the side they do that sweeper-keeper shite, defending a high-line and last year martins scared them shitless.

This could be the start of a bad run.

Liverpool, Blackburn and Arsenal are all very losable games. It will make our piss poor away form come home to roost.

It will inevitably put our thick as pig s*** one dimensional  manager under immense pressure.

Agreed. I think you're a bit harsh on ol'Sam though.