Mike Ashley - amazing guy !

Benwell Lad

I remember hearing Ashley had bought the club, was working out on a golf course and got a text from Wullie informing me of the news. It included the phrase "I've just done a little jig around the house" I believe.

Positivity is not for you Wullie. :lol:

I remember hearing Ashley had bought the club, was working out on a golf course and got a text from Wullie informing me of the news. It included the phrase "I've just done a little jig around the house" I believe.

Positivity is not for you Wullie. :lol:

Shepherd had left. The jig was still justified.

He's great isn't he? :D

bet he didn't apply through the proper channels for his ticket. he's done some proper fan out of a ticket for the most sought after away game of the season

I think paying £200 million for the pleasure just about makes it OK, anyway he's starting to look more like a proper fan himself. 

Balance sheet. :fwap:

Whenever we play, we wanna do it flashly

So sing in the stands with our saviour Mike Ashley

He might be rich, but he never spends it rashly

When he's wearing the shirt, he always does it brashly

So flash your cash, Ash, flash your cash

Flash your cash, Ash, flash your cash

Only song to stand the test of time.....?

As described above Mike Ashley travelled on the buses with the Newcastle fans and took up his place behind the goal, where he stood throughout the game, as did everyone.

Interesting to see whether this affects our allocation next time we visit the dark place.

From .com

Interesting point, actually. A club owner has tacitly come out in favour of standing in seated areas.

Interesting, I wonder if that will help the people who are campaigning for safe standing?

Pointless, but still worth dragging up when the next battles take place over people standing in the Gallowgate.

So glad I never posted in this thread, have to say Golfmag has had him down from the start, knows more than people realise imo  :undecided:

Yeah, it's shit following a team like ours with Ashley choking the club towards a slow painful death. Never felt so down about the team we send out on the pitch.

:coolsmiley:

Not sure if sarcasm, despite closing remark ???

Ah, sorry, it was sarcasm (apologies). I know he's an arse in many ways, but I enjoy watching the team we have built over many if not most in the league, and just can't fathom how that tallies with the view that we are at the very best tinkering with oblivion under the bloke. Fine Golfmag has his opinion, and while I find it dificult to accept I understand why people might agree with him - but then I also find it difficult not to find positives in what we are doing.