Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Aye but they haven't interacted with the people the way Beye does, like hes fully immersed himself in the Geordie lifestyle.

Guest Heneage

The thought of him being in a bar and a young lady going "Oh my god thats Habib Beye hes African you know I bet hes all cultured and that" "Hi Habib" "Alreet pet can I get ya a WKD leek?"

I didn't realise Beye was that good - Joe Kinnear

Oct 31 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

JOE KINNEAR has admitted that he did not realise that Habib Beye was such a good player – until Tuesday night’s victory over West Brom.

The 31-year-old right-back has had a frustrating start to the season, culminating in an undeserved – and later rescinded – red card against Manchester City at St James’s Park nine days ago.

But Roy Keane clearly knew all about the Senegal international and he instructed El Hadji Diouff to play as an out-and-out left-winger in Saturday’s derby to stop Beye bombing forward – and the ploy worked.

However, against West Brom the former Marseille man was in the sort of form which has made him such a firm favourite with the United fans.

And he laid on what turned out to be the winning goal for Oba Martins with his foraging down the right.

Kinnear, himself a former right-back, told me today: “I knew that Beye was a good player, but I did not realise just how good, and since I came here people have been telling me how he loves to get forward.

“There was no time for Habib to do this against Manchester City before he was sent off and against Sunderland he hardly got forward at all.

“But on Tuesday night he spent so much time in West Brom’s last third of the field, and I thought he was great.

“He is clearly a quality player, and when he gets more games under his belt he will become fitter and get better.”

Not all Sam Allardyce’s signings have been a success, but Beye was picked up for a pittance from Marseille and he is certainly a bargain buy at £2m.

As he is the only recognised right-back in the first-team squad, he is arguably the most important player at Kinnear’s disposal at the moment.

And he will be a key man against Villa on Monday night because Martin O’Neill’s side have so much strength, pace, power and goal-scoring ability in their wingers.

Whitley Beye talks the lingo

HABIB BEYE really is talking the talk at Newcastle.

Beye wasted no time falling in love with the Toon after his arrival from Marseille in August 2007.

And the full-back — nicknamed Whitley Beye by team-mates after the nearby seaside town — has been pretty quick at picking up the Geordie lingo, too.

The idea of a French-speaking Senegal international giving it plenty of ‘Alreet, pet’ and ‘Why aye man’ may seem strange.

But thanks to legendary Sky Sports darts commentator and Newcastle nut Sid Waddell, Beye is just pretty canny reet now. (That’s ‘He is doing fine’ for readers south of the Tyne.)

Sid’s book on how to speak Geordie, Taak of the Toon, has become a big hit in the Beye household.

Beye, 31, said: “I started speaking Geordie with Neil the kitman so someone at the club gave me Sid’s book to learn some more.

“I used to come to training when I first arrived and all the guys who work there would say ‘Why aye man’ and I didn’t have a clue what they were saying.

“I didn’t know what it was until someone said it was ‘Hello’ in Geordie. Now every morning I come in and say ‘Why aye man, how are you, canny lad?’

“They love it. Everybody thinks it is very funny to hear a French speaker talk Geordie, but I like learning all about the culture and the different language.

“I never hear normal English words like ‘Good morning’. It is always ‘Why aye man’, ‘Canny lad’ and ‘Alreet pet’.

“These words are brilliant and I use them if I’m down the pub or in a restaurant.

“When I first heard someone saying ‘pet’ it was strange. A pet is a dog or cat where I come from, so it was funny hearing someone say it to a woman.

“When I go back to France or Senegal perhaps I will start speaking Geordie. My dad came over a few weeks ago and I said ‘Why aye man’ to him.

“He said ‘What is that? Is it English?’ I said ‘No, it is Geordie, man’.”

New Toon boss Joe Kinnear — a Dublin-born Londoner — complained that communication was a big problem in Newcastle’s multi-lingual dressing room.

But Beye reckons all his foreign pals have copied him and started speaking Geordie. He added: “Now the Spanish guys have started speaking like me. People are speaking French, Spanish, English.

“When Neil the kitman comes into the dressing room he shouts out ‘English’ — and everyone starts shouting in Geordie.”

Beye, who cost £2million from Ligue 1 side Marseille, is a rare thing at St James’ Park — a Sam Allardyce signing who is actually worth the money.

And the Senegal international has thrown himself firmly into the North East way of life.

He said: “I love the whole culture. I’ve had fish and chips in Tynemouth and enjoy finding out more about the area.

“When you are a footballer all you see is the training ground and stadium, but you must try and get to know what is going on around you.

"Marseille is very different to Newcastle. There you have the sun on your back for 11 months — here we have the wind for 11 months.

“But I like it. Before I came to Newcastle I always thought I wouldn’t like to play in the North of England. Now, though, I am happy.

Friendly

“The people are so friendly to me. Learning about a new culture has really helped me settle. I can relate to Geordies.

“I don’t think I will ever get it 100 per cent, but I know plenty of words already!”

Newcastle start the day in 17th spot and Kinnear could be lost for words if his men are back in the bottom three after Aston Villa’s visit on Monday night.

The Magpies have been boosted by Tuesday’s 2-1 win over West Brom and Beye said: “If we beat Villa it will be a great step.

“It has been tough for everyone but we are showing signs of improvement.

“The club went through a hard time when Kevin Keegan left. Everybody liked him. But Joe is here now, he has settled us down and we are improving all the time.

“Joe speaks his own language too! Everybody has their language. Everybody is different and you must go along with that.

“I still think we can get into the Premier League’s top 10 this season.”

And that, as the Toon Army and Beye would say, would be ‘Champion!’

;D

Whitley Beye talks the lingo

HABIB BEYE really is talking the talk at Newcastle.

Beye wasted no time falling in love with the Toon after his arrival from Marseille in August 2007.

And the full-back — nicknamed Whitley Beye by team-mates after the nearby seaside town — has been pretty quick at picking up the Geordie lingo, too.

The idea of a French-speaking Senegal international giving it plenty of ‘Alreet, pet’ and ‘Why aye man’ may seem strange.

But thanks to legendary Sky Sports darts commentator and Newcastle nut Sid Waddell, Beye is just pretty canny reet now. (That’s ‘He is doing fine’ for readers south of the Tyne.)

Sid’s book on how to speak Geordie, Taak of the Toon, has become a big hit in the Beye household.

Beye, 31, said: “I started speaking Geordie with Neil the kitman so someone at the club gave me Sid’s book to learn some more.

“I used to come to training when I first arrived and all the guys who work there would say ‘Why aye man’ and I didn’t have a clue what they were saying.

“I didn’t know what it was until someone said it was ‘Hello’ in Geordie. Now every morning I come in and say ‘Why aye man, how are you, canny lad?’

“They love it. Everybody thinks it is very funny to hear a French speaker talk Geordie, but I like learning all about the culture and the different language.

“I never hear normal English words like ‘Good morning’. It is always ‘Why aye man’, ‘Canny lad’ and ‘Alreet pet’.

“These words are brilliant and I use them if I’m down the pub or in a restaurant.

“When I first heard someone saying ‘pet’ it was strange. A pet is a dog or cat where I come from, so it was funny hearing someone say it to a woman.

“When I go back to France or Senegal perhaps I will start speaking Geordie. My dad came over a few weeks ago and I said ‘Why aye man’ to him.

“He said ‘What is that? Is it English?’ I said ‘No, it is Geordie, man’.”

New Toon boss Joe Kinnear — a Dublin-born Londoner — complained that communication was a big problem in Newcastle’s multi-lingual dressing room.

But Beye reckons all his foreign pals have copied him and started speaking Geordie. He added: “Now the Spanish guys have started speaking like me. People are speaking French, Spanish, English.

“When Neil the kitman comes into the dressing room he shouts out ‘English’ — and everyone starts shouting in Geordie.”

Beye, who cost £2million from Ligue 1 side Marseille, is a rare thing at St James’ Park — a Sam Allardyce signing who is actually worth the money.

And the Senegal international has thrown himself firmly into the North East way of life.

He said: “I love the whole culture. I’ve had fish and chips in Tynemouth and enjoy finding out more about the area.

“When you are a footballer all you see is the training ground and stadium, but you must try and get to know what is going on around you.

"Marseille is very different to Newcastle. There you have the sun on your back for 11 months — here we have the wind for 11 months.

“But I like it. Before I came to Newcastle I always thought I wouldn’t like to play in the North of England. Now, though, I am happy.

Friendly

“The people are so friendly to me. Learning about a new culture has really helped me settle. I can relate to Geordies.

“I don’t think I will ever get it 100 per cent, but I know plenty of words already!”

Newcastle start the day in 17th spot and Kinnear could be lost for words if his men are back in the bottom three after Aston Villa’s visit on Monday night.

The Magpies have been boosted by Tuesday’s 2-1 win over West Brom and Beye said: “If we beat Villa it will be a great step.

“It has been tough for everyone but we are showing signs of improvement.

“The club went through a hard time when Kevin Keegan left. Everybody liked him. But Joe is here now, he has settled us down and we are improving all the time.

“Joe speaks his own language too! Everybody has their language. Everybody is different and you must go along with that.

“I still think we can get into the Premier League’s top 10 this season.”

And that, as the Toon Army and Beye would say, would be ‘Champion!’

;D

I get the impression from that article that the team morale seems to be good atm.

Don't know. If you're right then superb! We need all the positive things we can get atm:)

I added that mostly because of the Newcastle dialect: ‘Why aye man’, ‘Canny lad’ and ‘Alreet pet’  ;D

I've never used the words canny and whenever I see you guys write it, I can't stop thinking of a hermetic can with something in it...  ;D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stevielad

Areet lads and lasses, for a bit of Christmas cheer  www.beyewatch.co.uk are going to add a festive Beye song each day until christmas. feel free to check it out, comment or even send in your own !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1601151,00.html

Beye Fired Up For Survival Fight

By Craig Hope

FIT-again Habib Beye insists he is ready to be thrown into Newcastle United's eight-game survival run-in.

The 31-year-old defied initial estimates of a four-month layoff to return to action against Arsenal at the weekend having suffered ankle ligament damage at Wigan on Boxing Day.

And Beye received a hair-raising reception from the Toon Army when he replaced groin-victim Sebastien Bassong towards the end of the first-half.

Within minutes of his arrival the Senegal star, showing no signs of an injury which had threatened to curtail his season, was galloping down the right-flank and fashioned an opening for Oba Martins which the Nigerian flashed wide.

That chance was one of a whole host which went begging with the game still goalless before Arsenal moved through the gears in the second period to claim a 3-1 win.

Beye and United now have a two-week break to prepare for the visit of another Champions League quarter finalist in the form of Guus Hiddink's Chelsea.

And the Paris-raised defender told nufcTV that he and his team-mates will be raring to go by the time the Blues come to Tyneside.

"We have eight games and 24 points to play for," said last year's official player of the season.

"It doesn't matter who we play, we must try to get points from every game to save the club because that is all that's important.

"For me, I have been out for a long time but I feel good and will use the break to work on my condition.

"I have to be ready to play every game and I will be ready.

"It is a bonus for me to be able to play because we thought I would be out for longer.

"Now I am back I will be doing all I can to save this club."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1601262,00.html

Hughton Highlights Habib Reception

By Craig Hope

CHRIS Hughton says that the reception afforded to Habib Beye on his return from injury shows just what an important player the Senegal defender will be for Newcastle United this season.

The 31-year-old received a hair-raising welcome from the Toon Army when he emerged from the bench following a three-month ankle layoff during Saturday's 3-1 defeat against Arsenal.

And caretaker boss Hughton told nufcTV that the fans' appreciation alone highlights the quality and value of the former of Marseille skipper.

"It was good to see Habib back in action and you could see by the reception he got how big a player he is for us," said Chris.

"He's a popular character at this club and will be an important person, both on and off the field, during the next eight games.

"That 55 minutes or so against Arsenal will do him the world of good ahead of Chelsea."