Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great news, but I'd be surprised if he makes it.

As for Steven Carr, I am completely "meh" to the situation tbh, I can't imagine he'd come in on a massive contract, most likely a short term deal, and would do better than pretty much all but Beye at RB.

Spot on Lenny.

FOUR players with Achilles Tendinopathy? This is just a load of bollocks now, what are the chances of this?

According to that EPL physioroom table, no other club has a player with that injury currentlly. What a joke.

I wouldn't play him, I'd put Taylor out there for one last game till Beye's fully fit. Everton don't play with an out and out left winger in Arteta so hopefully he won't show Taylor up too badly. [/wildly optimistic]

H Beye Achilles Tendinopathy 5th Oct 08

How's that 20th October?

LMAO

I guarantee you that it was 20th earlier.

They've changed it.

And now I look an idiot. 

Not only do we have an incompetant medical team, we have one that don't like me. :(

This achilles tendinopathy this is a load of shit, it's like patella tendonitis in runners.. it tends to occur due to muscle imbalances, when the tendon can't cope with the amount of work being given to it. It's common in people that start doing loads of exercise when their body hasn't been adjusted to it, like the person that starts running 5 miles a day, after doing nothing for years.

Pretty unlikely it should affect premiership footballers, thats for sure.. and probably not for this amount of time either. Unless they're training on tarmac or something. Hah.

This achilles tendinopathy this is a load of shit, it's like patella tendonitis in runners.. it tends to occur due to muscle imbalances, when the tendon can't cope with the amount of work being given to it. It's common in people that start doing loads of exercise when their body hasn't been adjusted to it, like the person that starts running 5 miles a day, after doing nothing for years.

Pretty unlikely it should affect premiership footballers, thats for sure.. and probably not for this amount of time either. Unless they're training on tarmac or something. Hah.

Keegan overworked his players in pre-season in my opinion which is why we picked up so many muscle/tendon injuries.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

This achilles tendinopathy this is a load of s***, it's like patella tendonitis in runners.. it tends to occur due to muscle imbalances, when the tendon can't cope with the amount of work being given to it. It's common in people that start doing loads of exercise when their body hasn't been adjusted to it, like the person that starts running 5 miles a day, after doing nothing for years.

Keegan overworked his players in pre-season in my opinion which is why we picked up so many muscle/tendon injuries.

He overworked them so much we beat Copa del Ray champions Valencia, drew away at Old Trafford 9 months after losing 6-0 there, beat a tough Bolton side at SJP and came through a gruelling away trip at Coventry with flying colours.

Luckily, everyone knows this opinion is complete bollocks :thup:

One of the most overrated players at the club, lets hope that the next right back to come in goes straight into the first team and pushes Beye down to the bench.

Should of signed Chimbonda.

Fuckin hell mate. You'll get some bites there.

I'm not looking for a bite, I think he's an average defender who's overrated because of a bright finish to the season.

He's average going forward, has very little technical ability and stands off players far too much which causes us problems with early balls into the box, I said I would have preferred Chimbonda in the Summer before he even joined Sunderland if you can be bothered to look it up.

Our defence was very leaky last year but he was the best of a bad bunch. He needs to get in the team ASAP. He also a leader & player that most if not all fans like & we need a few of them on the front line atm.

Hardly fair to call him the best of a bad bunch, rather a very good defender in a defence with a couple of weak links (namely Taylor and N'Zogbia when he played there).

One of the most overrated players at the club, lets hope that the next right back to come in goes straight into the first team and pushes Beye down to the bench.

Bit too obvious to get a bite I think :lol:

I'm not looking for a bite, I think he's an average defender who's overrated because of a bright finish to the season.

He's average going forward, has very little technical ability and stands off players far too much which causes us problems with early balls into the box, I said I would have preferred Chimbonda in the Summer before he even joined Sunderland if you can be bothered to look it up.

He isn't the best going forward, but defensively he's pretty solid in my view. He's a big miss, and we'll look much better when he's back.