Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Our defence was very leaky last year but he was the best of a bad bunch. He needs to get in the team ASAP. He also a leader & player that most if not all fans like & we need a few of them on the front line atm.

Hardly fair to call him the best of a bad bunch, rather a very good defender in a defence with a couple of weak links (namely Taylor and N'Zogbia when he played there).

Only Reading & Derby let more goals in than us last season. I know Taylor is shite & Nzobia is hardly Kenny Sansom but they cant take the full wrap for the horrendous amount of goals against us.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

One of the most overrated players at the club, lets hope that the next right back to come in goes straight into the first team and pushes Beye down to the bench.

Should of signed Chimbonda.

Fuckin hell mate. You'll get some bites there.

I'm not looking for a bite, I think he's an average defender who's overrated because of a bright finish to the season.

He's average going forward, has very little technical ability and stands off players far too much which causes us problems with early balls into the box, I said I would have preferred Chimbonda in the Summer before he even joined Sunderland if you can be bothered to look it up.

He isn't the best going forward, but defensively he's pretty solid in my view. He's a big miss, and we'll look much better when he's back.

Good in the air, reads the game well, gets forward a fair amount overlapping the winger and tackles well. Although he does make the odd mistake.

Adds some balance to the team and is a massive miss when out.

He's strong, reads the game well and tackles very well too.  Going forward is undoubedly his weak point but if a defenders going to have a weak point that's definitely the best one to have :)  Also he's a very good professional, something that can't be said for the likes of Chimbonda.

Our defence was very leaky last year but he was the best of a bad bunch. He needs to get in the team ASAP. He also a leader & player that most if not all fans like & we need a few of them on the front line atm.

Hardly fair to call him the best of a bad bunch, rather a very good defender in a defence with a couple of weak links (namely Taylor and N'Zogbia when he played there).

Only Reading & Derby let more goals in than us last season. I know Taylor is shite & Nzobia is hardly Kenny Sansom but they cant take the full wrap for the horrendous amount of goals against us.

Didn't say that Beye has never made a mistake that caused a goal, every defender does at times.  Just saying that he's a very good right back and if everyone in our defence was as good we wouldn't have conceded nearly as many goals.  Obviously a defence has to work as a unit, there's plenty of bad defences with one or two good defenders in them, but you'll be hard pressed to find a good defence with one or two bad players.

Of course to solve the rest of the problem with us conceding goals we'd have needed to get a midfield that doesn't put massive pressure on the defence every game and also go back in time and give a condome to Mrs Allardyce.

One of the most overrated players at the club, lets hope that the next right back to come in goes straight into the first team and pushes Beye down to the bench.

May be a WUM post but anyways this is utter toss imo.

Bit too obvious to get a bite I think :lol:

don;t know about a bite, but everybody should know by now that Baggy is a closet Spurs fan, who won't admit that his cherished DOF system is going to relegate the club unless something changes

Bit too Baggio to be Wummage.

don;t know about a bite, but everybody should know by now that Baggy is a closet Spurs fan, who won't admit that his cherished DOF system is going to relegate the club unless something changes

Nice to see you following me around throwing your toys out of the pram again. mackems.gif

Aye Chimbonda has looked fookin awesome so far this season like.....

• 3 weeks later...

:iamatwat: Thats funny cos it`s true!! shame he turned yous down. :pow:

Guest Heneage

:iamatwat: Thats funny cos it`s true!! shame he turned yous down. :pow:

Next Mackem to say that is going under a bus, even if im driving it.

I think Chimbonda is class btw. He is not likeable, but he can play. I think him and Beye are both good players.

I totally disagree that Chimbondas ''class''.Hes solid to be fair but if he was ''class'' would you not think there would have being a ''class'' team after him......like Newcastle?......... :laugh2:

Guest Jawesome

If Chimbonda was class, Spurs and Wigan wouldn't have let him go as cheap as they did.  Plus I think he'd be at a bigger club than them fuckers.  IMO, he's average, no more.  Scores one or two headers and he's in the news.  Big deal.  Rather have Beye.  At least he's not part of the El-Hadj Diouf 'Look at me and my bling, I'm the best footballer in the world' crew.