Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Good on him for saying the right things but surely everyone must realise that he'll be sold if a decent bid comes in for him???

Of course,it could happen to everyone,including S.Taylor.But its still nice to know that he has the heart to the club.

Absolutely. :nods:

Just pointing out that the decision to stay or go isn't really in his hands. He can say whatever he wants, the stark reality is that he'll be sold regardless if the money's right.

Guest Heneage

Good on him for saying the right things but surely everyone must realise that he'll be sold if a decent bid comes in for him???

Of course,it could happen to everyone,including S.Taylor.But its still nice to know that he has the heart to the club.

Absolutely. :nods:

Just pointing out that the decision to stay or go isn't really in his hands. He can say whatever he wants, the stark reality is that he'll be sold regardless if the money's right.

He's the only one right now I believe when he says it.

I don't think people should get their hopes up like. Sorry for being realistic though.

Fuck off Jonny, I can and will get my hopes up about this!

On a serious note I'd be very surprised but absolutely delighted if he's here (and captain) for next season. Top bloke and a very decent player to boot.

I don't think people should get their hopes up like. Sorry for being realistic though.

On a serious note I'd be very surprised but absolutely delighted if he's here (and captain) for next season. Top bloke and a very decent player to boot.

I just don't want to get my hopes up and then for him to go as soon as a decent offer comes in for him. I've learned with this club best thing to do is not to have any hopes at all, that way they can't be destroyed.

I just don't want to get my hopes up and then for him to go as soon as a decent offer comes in for him. I've learned with this club best thing to do is not to have any hopes at all, that way they can't be destroyed.

Yeah I know what you mean mate. He's still far more likely to be off than not, it's just good to hear he cares about the club as much as he's always seemed to.

Guest Heneage

i got a topless picture of Beye from the Sunderland game 2008 if anyone wants, only a small feeof £5

I was stood about 5ft away the man has the body of a god.

If he wants to stay and the club reject bids then he won't be going anywhere. I could see a few Premier League clubs hovering around him, but given his age (he's 33 this year) then hopefully the clubs in Europe will look elsewhere.

Guest Ebolarama

Words mean nothing at this stage, regardless if he means them or not. Anyone could be sold from here 'til late August. I'll give him a verbal handjob (or would that be handy verbjob?) if and when he's lining up for us against Plymouth Argyle.

Guest daveaha

Brilliant.  Now right back post has been filled (along with captaincy!)  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I love Habib but he's no longer good enough going forward. Considering we'll have loads of possession at home I think this might be a bit of a problem. I'd like to see him play centre half with Taylor next year and add two pacy attacking full backs like Naughton and Fox.