Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wouldn't begrudge him going to Villa in the slightest either. Would seem a strange one though, I thought Young was pretty much their best player last year?

I think the fact that he also plays well at centre half is something to consider especially for Villa who have a small squad and lack experience at the back.

Good to see this regime continue to play hard ball on fees, nobody can criticise them for this (other than the Given transfer :( )

:lol: Apart from the fact that its due to their fucking incompetence that we are having to sell them in the first place.

:lol:

Done and dusted or early stages?

"Back on" is the word. As is Delph again, apparently.

Good luck if you get him mate. you won't be disappointed, he's a quality defender.

Fits in very well with MON's centre back at full back philosophy as well, as that is what he actually is, only he's much better in that position than any other converted CB that I can think of in the world.

But thats not that difficult given that most converted CBs come from medium rated PL clubs.

If its £4m I'd be very happy to see him go.

I'd much rather we could keep him tbh, but for his age and the fact he's only got one year left on his contract £4m would be pretty good business.

Notwithstanding the fact it won't go into a replacement of course. :rolleyes:

I'd much rather we could keep him tbh, but for his age and the fact he's only got one year left on his contract £4m would be pretty good business.

Can't argue with the price but I was sorry to see Faye go last season when plenty thought that was good business. Turned out to be the most costly deal in 20 years.

It'll still go into the club accounts though which should help the takeover situation and the sooner a new owner comes in the sooner we can look at replacements.

Can't argue with the price but I was sorry to see Faye go last season when plenty thought that was good business. Turned out to be the most costly deal in 20 years.

I thought £2m for Faye was a terrible deal from the start, he was a very solid Premier League defender with years left on his contract.  Though I wasn't too upset about it at the time because we'd signed Bassong and Coloccini.

The deals might not give us a large and instant cash injection but they'll still make a big difference.  We'll owe less on players and have a guarentee of future revenue.  Which makes the club more financially stable and so more attractive to prospective buyers.  Of course removing them from the wage bill helps as well.

The problem with selling anyone to Villa is that they wont be sold until 23:53 on the last day of the transfer window, so don't expect anything soon.

Ain't that the truth.

If you ever have to live through a MON transfer summer, think back to this post.

Mind you, if i ever have to live through your current summer, I'll throw myself off a fecking bridge.