Lifetime achievement award for Sir Bobby

James

was nearly in tears when he came on, an absolute legend NUFC should do something to comemorate the guy. I always say the same thing, when he came in he absolutely transformed us from a team who were struggling, not so sure if we would have went down that season but his work for the club was unbelievable.

I always say 'imagine if we had got Robson after Keegan left'

He doesnt look in briliant shape has to be said. theres only one Bobby Robson

I have to echo all of the sentiments for Sir Bobby,although he looks poorly,he still has that twinkle in his eye.Great speech,me and the wife were crying.Echo the Shearer sentiment,notable by his absence,especially as the BBC is his employer now.Fergie looked in awe of Sir Bobby,and credit to him for letting his BBC ban expire for one night,so he could present the award.

was nearly in tears when he came on, an absolute legend NUFC should do something to comemorate the guy. I always say the same thing, when he came in he absolutely transformed us from a team who were struggling, not so sure if we would have went down that season but his work for the club was unbelievable.

I always say 'imagine if we had got Robson after Keegan left'

He doesnt look in briliant shape has to be said. theres only one Bobby Robson

Nail on head.

I cried.

I'm glad the BBC arranged for all these people to say thankyou to Sir Bobby, but also that they gave the ever humble gentleman a chance to thank all of those that have played an important part in his life.

That was horrible to watch, the man is absolutely deserved of the label legend and more. The round of applause at the beginnning of the speech sounding like it could of gone on for years. An absolute hero of mine. Was so sad to see him go, anyone who says he should of gone, was and still is wrong in my opinion. I thought his era as manager of nufc was better than Keegans.

I'm not sure if he'll get to St James' again but I bet the roof would be raised if he was known to be at the match, I'd love to hear "Robson Wonderland" reverberating around the ground again.

I cried.

I'm glad the BBC arranged for all these people to say thankyou to Sir Bobby, but also that they gave the ever humble gentleman a chance to thank all of those that have played an important part in his life.

Had me in tears too

Can't explain how much he'll be missed and how much he IS missed

Well, just like everyone else it seems I had a strong desire to burst into tears during that section, soon followed by a strong desire to be sick when they managed to shoehorn strictly come dancing into the programme immediately afterwards. There couldn't have been to more opposite things, could there!?! Bobby Robson: Everything that's right with the world. Strictly come dancing: Everything that's wrong with the world. Seriously though, it was really touching. I haven't got much to add to what others have already said, but I think it's worth echoing:

Respect to Taggart for putting aside his personal gripe with the Beeb to go and present the award, it obviously meant a lot to the great man.

That round of applause simply wasn't going to stop was it!?! :lol: It took Bob to say something himself before it did, otherwise we might still be watching it now. I loved the way no-one dared to cut it short and they ended up cramming the supposedly "big" award into the last couple of minutes because of it.

Bob looked physically bad, but mentally spot-on, loved the bit about him having the time to thank everyone, but the rest of us not. I really hope he has.

Good on you Mr Robson, you deserve it, you are a genuine legend in a time of a multitude of fakes.

I'm not sure if he'll get to St James' again but I bet the roof would be raised if he was known to be at the match, I'd love to hear "Robson Wonderland" reverberating around the ground again.

would be nice to do something to honour him like,even just a huge banner to pass round saying 'thankyou sir bobby' before a home game would send out a message to him of how loved he still is and always will be by us lot

Despite his obvious frailties, the pride and passion of Sir Bobby was evident in every word he spoke on that stage tonight. His eyes sparkled as he spoke of his career and how much joy it has brought to him. Like others, I watched it with tears in my eyes. Partly because of the obvious love everyone has for this great, great gentleman and partly through anger for the way he was eventually treated at out "great" club. Also for the way some of our 'bling boys' at the time dared to disrespect this vastly experienced and genuinely good man.

I felt very proud tonight that I come from the same part of the world as Sir Bobby and that he managed my club. He is so very loved and a round of applause that went on 10 times as long as it did tonight still would not be enough to show in how much esteem this man is held.

Watching him lean on Sir Alex for support as he walked off the stage made me terribly sad that his body is not as strong as his indomitable spirit and passion.