Fulham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 15/12/07 - post match reaction from page 15

Dave

3 points looked like robbery with  violence TBH

but then it works both ways over a season

No more of a robbery than them winning would have been.

It's about time we got 3 points away from home and played shit like  :lol: Just like some teams do when they come to SJP

martins is such a un-intelligent player, hes useless, all hes good for is running ,and the total unpredictability he brings to the team

he has no knowledge, and some of his runs, are miles offside, when strikers should go to attack the nearpost, martins sits and waits back post, with about 3 defenders between him and the crosser

frustrates me so much

then he will score a goal, and the fans will think hes done enough and sing his name

martins is not long term, and if the oppertunity arrives id move him on, not now, but if we get the chance, id rather have ashton or, if im very lucky anelka, who knows how to play football, finish and is clever

martins just doenst give anything to the team when hes not in the game, and he hasnt this season at all really done much

i appreciate he has raw pace, but his positioning and passing are so poor

anyway rant over haha

well who does give a lot to the team when they arent in the game? barton was awful yesterday despite winning the game, and you cant blame martins for not getting the ball when we are hoofing down the pitch to a 5'2'' midget! i just wish wed play it along the floor to him

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see Newcastle win away. Oh."

Even the Fulham fans stayed behind 15 minutes to watch us going mental  :lol:

Wish I had been there....but THIS is exactly the reason results like this matter a lot more than the performance. The traveling fans will not give a fuck about remembering the game. We deserved the 3 pts simply because we got them.

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see Newcastle win away. Oh."

Even the Fulham fans stayed behind 15 minutes to watch us going mental  :lol:

Wish I had been there....but THIS is exactly the reason results like this matter a lot more than the performance. The traveling fans will not give a f*** about remembering the game. We deserved the 3 pts simply because we got them.

errr....no, not really.

I was chuffed with that win.

Yes we have seen far better performances but who fucking cares??

I don't care its 3 points that we didn't really deserved and I don't care that the last 2 wins have come from injury time set pieces. I'd rather that than play well and finish 2nd remember Blackburn and Liverpool from THAT season we finished 2nd. Probably deserved wins far more in those matches but fucked up last minute, those 2 points could have made the world of difference???

As the old cliche goes lets win 1st and look pretty 2nd!!!!

Well done the lads for keep on going another 3 on Saturday please!!!!

:lol: :lol:  Some people, I swear.  They're looking for any reason to be down on the team and fuck it all if we didn't just keep a clean sheet, away, and win.  No, that's not enough.  We didn't deserve it because we didn't play like Barca on cocaine.  Would rather we'd have drawn tbh, right? 

Some of you need help.

:lol: :lol:  Some people, I swear.  They're looking for any reason to be down on the team and fuck it all if we didn't just keep a clean sheet, away, and win.  No, that's not enough.  We didn't deserve it because we didn't play like Barca on cocaine.  Would rather we'd have drawn tbh, right? 

Some of you need help.

:lol:

Spot on. :thup:

Played well first half, especially first 30 mins. Poor and scrappy second half but overall I think we shaded the match. Can't recall our defence being under any significant pressure all day, which is impressive. People mocking this win should remember that Fulham, although they're shite away, are no mugs at Craven Cottage. Delighted with the result. 7 points from the last 9 has been a good effort all round considering the pressure we were under. Let's have another 6 from Derby and Wigan.

Yep. Before the Arsenal match we were in a little league of our own with West Ham in 10th-11th, 5 points behind 9th, and the same distance ahead of 12th. We've now reeled in Aston Villa & Blackburn, and could very easily end the year in the top 8, which is where I think pretty much everyone had us down for pre-season.

Yep. Before the Arsenal match we were in a little league of our own with West Ham in 10th-11th, 5 points behind 9th, and the same distance ahead of 12th. We've now reeled in Aston Villa & Blackburn, and could very easily end the year in the top 8, which is where I think pretty much everyone had us down for pre-season.

5 points behind Liverpool

:lol: Newcastle fans, eh?

Let's keep our feet on the ground, there's a long way to go before we can be looking at up teams like Liverpool and thinking about challenging them.

Doesn't bear thinking about if we'd beaten them at home, and also picked up 3 points at Derby and Reading even Boro and Sunderland

Give over, Hippocrates would have been proud of such a profound remark. ;)

Hippocrates was a doctor, not a philosopher.

both...could say he was the founder of the philosophy of medicine and certainly had an effect on medical ethics

martins is such a un-intelligent player, hes useless, all hes good for is running ,and the total unpredictability he brings to the team

he has no knowledge, and some of his runs, are miles offside, when strikers should go to attack the nearpost, martins sits and waits back post, with about 3 defenders between him and the crosser

frustrates me so much

then he will score a goal, and the fans will think hes done enough and sing his name

martins is not long term, and if the oppertunity arrives id move him on, not now, but if we get the chance, id rather have ashton or, if im very lucky anelka, who knows how to play football, finish and is clever

martins just doenst give anything to the team when hes not in the game, and he hasnt this season at all really done much

i appreciate he has raw pace, but his positioning and passing are so poor

anyway rant over haha

I agree.

It sounded like our fans were booing Allardyce for subbing him, which I found unbelievable.

He looked to be carrying something when he was taken off. Probably not serious like, he was whincing a bit beforehand though.

Furney's comment made me laugh though:"He'll score a goal and everyone will think he's done enough."

:lol: Well yeah, that's what i tend to expect from me strikers. 24 in 56 is ay-ok for me. :thup:

He looked to be carrying something when he was taken off. Probably not serious like, he was whincing a bit beforehand though.

Furney's comment made me laugh though:"He'll score a goal and everyone will think he's done enough."

:lol: Well yeah, that's what i tend to expect from me strikers. 24 in 56 is ay-ok for me. :thup:

Martins can be abysmal all game but if he gets a goal or two he'll be forgiven. Such is the life of a striker.

Martins can be abysmal all game but if he gets a goal or two he'll be forgiven. Such is the life of a striker.

It's fair enough, but you can both surely see that it severely hurts the team in general on days where Martins doesn't pull out a goal from somewhere, as he contributes pretty much nothing in terms of build-up play for the rest of the team.

I'd much prefer a player who scores less goals and can actually play a bit of football and improve the team with what he offers as a whole, rather than a headless chicken who scores the odd wonder goal here and there. Martins still has time to improve, but I'm really not seeing any development in his awareness sadly.