How Many League Goals Do You Think Alan Smith Will Score This Season? Answer: 0

The College Dropout

Four!

This is pretty funny, but not half as funny as the defence the bloke got in this thread.

i don't have a problem if people stick up for our players, even if i don't rate them, but it IS funny when they're so obviously shite. it's like the people who thought Ramage was mint when he first broke through, even tho he was struggling badly from game one.

If I was really into "I told you so" I bet it would be a laugh to see who poured scorn on the people who knew Alan Smith was absolute wank when we signed him.

Four!

This is pretty funny, but not half as funny as the defence the bloke got in this thread.

i don't have a problem if people stick up for our players, even if i don't rate them, but it IS funny when they're so obviously shite. it's like the people who thought Ramage was mint when he first broke through, even tho he was struggling badly from game one.

If I was really into "I told you so" I bet it would be a laugh to see who poured scorn on the people who knew Alan Smith was absolute wank when we signed him.

:iamatwat:

• 5 weeks later...

Still on ZERO (0) goals with 6 games to go, anyone think he'll get one?

Has any regular striker in our history gone goalless throughout a season?

Was it Karsten Janker who started up front for Germany in a World Cup and hadnt scored all season?

having watched every PL game, i think he has 3 shots on target and a little more off target.. and he has been directly responsible for at least 5 conceded goals..

i remember counting his 'contributions' in the first game vs Stoke.. 4 successful passes for the whole game, couple of won headers and everything else was giving away the ball and needless faults.

the very definition of an anti-footballer.

Four!

i don't have a problem if people stick up for our players, even if i don't rate them, but it IS funny when they're so obviously s****. it's like the people who thought Ramage was mint when he first broke through, even tho he was struggling badly from game one.

If I was really into "I told you so" I bet it would be a laugh to see who poured scorn on the people who knew Alan Smith was absolute w*** when we signed him.

I was disappointed when he was signed but never thought he'd be as bad as he's been. Fergie is probably still laughing about this one.

The guy is utter, utter, utter wank.

His header at the end against Fulham, when he came on and we'd won and it was ok to be funny, epitomised his season.

Corner comes into near post, he makes a running jump at it, heads it away from goal. Shocking player.

Butt is pissing all over him in the goalscoring stakes, I would hang up my boots.

I was curious ...

games 		goals	    shots    fouls committed 	yellow cards 	red cards
Nicky Butt	29		3	     22		54		11		0
Alan Smith	25		0	     26		75		 8		1

75 fouls committed.  :jesuswept:

Sooner we're rid of the better.

Butt is pissing all over him in the goalscoring stakes, I would hang up my boots.

I was curious ...

games 		goals	    shots    fouls committed 	yellow cards 	red cards
Nicky Butt	29		3	     22		54		11		0
Alan Smith	25		0	     26		75		 8		1

75 fouls committed.  :jesuswept:

Sooner we're rid of the better.

25 games and 25 shots. I can remember saying early on that for an attacking player he hardly had any attempts at goals. In fact I started a thread called 'Just what is Alan Smith's role exactly?' for that very reason.

First out the door really for me.

I hear Keane is looking at him for £4m.

I'd take a £2m hit to see the mackems lose 4.

As good as Keane is at collecting garbage, not even he would spend £4m on a player that has made Shola look like an enticing prospect.

Guest diddimz

im thinking he may have a purple patch and score one still, if we loan him to a team aiming for promotion in league 1

Who would buy him in the summer? Would swap him for Giles Barnes but I doubt Smith would drop down to that level.

a newly promoted side, or someone like birmingham or sunderland, who want established names with good work ethic. that's about his level too. well, would be if he found a position worth playing in, a striker who goes all season without scoring won't get a game at this level, no matter how bad the team.