Newcastle United 2 - 2 Derby - 23/12/07 - post match reaction from page 15

James

:lol:

We were all over them. There was a ten-minute period after they scored where they were on top and looked good. Other than that, the other 75 minutes or whatever, we were by far the better team.

It was average vs absolute shit today.

I'm not happy with the result or the performance, but we should have won.

Now everyone vent their frustration at each other!

YG - We didn't batter anyone from start to finish.

We battered them all game

We pegged them back, but that was their tactic. Ours was just to hoof it into the penalty box and get on the end of knock downs.

Although possession and territory goes to us, they still fashioned the same number of chances as we did imo.

Cue anti-Sam stuff, etc.

Freak result. We battered them from start to finish. There was a spell in the second half after their second goal where we were poor, but we should have hamemred them.

One person to blame - David Rozehnal. Sorry pal, the way it is - you're a fucking wank defender.

I disagree mate. We never actually got the ball down and passed it. How many chances did we create from open play? None? One maybe? Two nice Viduka strikes doesn't hide the fact that both the goals were from random long balls which dropped nicely for us. It's vintage Sam percentage football and it isn't good enough.

Derby passed the ball way more than we did and dominated midfield. Barton looked lost in the second half, and the changes, which were actually decent, came way way way too late. Why wasn't Emre sent on earlier? Why wasn't Zoggy pushed up further? Duff looked alright, if that's any consolation. He seemed to regain a bit of pace and now offers up an extra option, but his presence on the pitch makes it even more unlikely that Zoggy will be played left-wing.

Lets slate the defenders again eh, I'm sure that will inspire them and not put the sh!ts up them like we have done fir the last 5 years by hanging them out to dry.  The situation is simple, like the manager, many of the players look uncomfortable and p!ssed off with the starting formation.  Then blow me, once he goes to 442 and Oba is playing in his real position, things happen.  Who'd have thought it.  Until this tool gets back to 442, this kind of performance will be a regular thing.

Guest sittingontheball

The Roz did it again.  Their first was a cracker so I'll let it slide.

First half was fine but it took us nearly 35 minutes to get into the second half. We couldn't string two passes together or hold the ball at all.

Well done Viduka though. Both were great moocher goals.

Changed the game when they came on today I thought, so I'd love to see them in the side in place of Rozenhal and Butt/Barton

We desperately need Enrique back at LB too, still not convinced with Zog plugging that gap even though hes had some good games there

Opinions?

Guest The Libertine

Cue anti-Sam stuff, etc.

Freak result. We battered them from start to finish. There was a spell in the second half after their second goal where we were poor, but we should have hamemred them.

One person to blame - David Rozehnal. Sorry pal, the way it is - you're a f****** w*** defender.

Yorkie thank you for bringing some sense to this place. We were the better side and should not have drawn.

that says it all. we are the better team yet we just scraped a draw against a terrible derby team. its laughable.

We were all over them. There was a ten-minute period after they scored where they were on top and looked good. Other than that, the other 75 minutes or whatever, we were by far the better team.

What do you think stopped us from doing so?

You can make all the excuses you want for the team, for Sam Allardyce etc but there is no excusing picking up one lousy point against the worst team the Premiership has ever seen.

You're right, i'm not exactly making excuses, i'm just saying we should have won. It's a shite result.

Have to say I'm getting a little sick of staying up until 3am and 5am week after week to watch this insipid bollocks our team thinks is football.

I still think Sam is getting the player formation all wrong, something we seem to have suffered with for 10 years now.  N'Zogbia should have been forward on the left wing, with Enrique at LB, Milner should have been on the right wing with Duff to come on substituting for Milner because Milner was having a bit of a shite game.  I don't know why Barton was taken off and Emre on.  As much as Emre seems to be popular and talked about as creative, its been a while since he created anything and Barton was having a fairly high-possession game.

Viduka's second goal also showed to me something our strikers have been missing for a long time.  The ability to take a first-touch strike on goal.  It's not very often our forwards take a first-touch strike, and its been a very long time since we saw them score from one.  Just look at Martins today, every time he got the ball he wanted to juggle it about, and then he'd loose his footing and leave the ball behind.

On a positive note, the team is looking fitter all the time.  N'Zogbia's running at the end of the game was still full of pace, and we definitely seemed to have stronger legs at the end.

Anyway, lets see what the next game brings us.

I hope you didnt see the game because if you did and you think that then damn.

We played them off the park in the first half alright, but we were boring and we sat back at huge spells in the 2nd half. Also we did have alot of chances and at times we did batter them, that is immensely worrying for me because we did fuck all, if we really battered them we wouldnt be looking at a 2-2 result right now. Also look at Derby, not alot of chances, but they took them, we didnt.

I've definately started to lose faith in Big Sam. When that stat came up in midway through the 2nd half that said Derby had 61% possession...I think that said it all. No more 4-3-3. Grumble.

We didn't play 433. Some people here are on drugs.

How's that..? We had absolutely no system or tactics about us, and all we did was aimless hoofs up the pitch.. It didn't even resemble football at times.

What do you think stopped us from doing so?

Rozehnal, probably. We weren't on fire like we were in the first half, but we were still comfortable at the second half and their goal came against the run of play. Rozehnal was responsible for the goal.

By no means were we scintillating, i am absolutely not saying it was a particularly good performance, but we really should have won that game.

EDIT: And Sam fucked up in that second half after the goal. Not a clue where some people were supposed to be; that had a detrimental effect on us.