Newcastle United 2 - 2 Derby - 23/12/07 - post match reaction from page 15

James

How are people blaming Roz for their second? Great skill from Miller and a bit of luck. Not much Roz could've done there, IMO.

Shite game though, especially second half, was terrible for 35 minutes. Duff looked decent though.

In all, I'm blaming the Swedish commentator though, Arne Hegerfors, what a fucking colossal wanker

people blaming rozehnal for us not winning, yes he was shit, but derby too will be looking at their defenders and thinking they've let them down for the two we scored, had they defended better they'd be looking at a comfortable win. they also had 2 good chances to put it away in the 2nd half and a host of other good opportunities or positions when they hit us on the break, had they been more clinical they'd have put it out of reach before we had a chance to respond. this is all while making us look like fools for about 35 minutes of the 2nd half, getting first to every 50:50, mopping up loose balls, passing it around us and exploiting space on the counter time and again. so it's not as if one mistake from rozzy robbed us of something we deserved, we're pretty lucky to get a point in the first place.

and as shit as rozehnal was, cacapa didn't look much better and was also at fault for the goal.

Derby the worst team in the league should have completed the double over us today. Not good enough. Sam may deserve longer but not much longer if this dross continues.

Given 6 - didn't do much wrong.

Beye 6 - Got forward well at times but probably not enough. Missed a header.

Roze 3 - Bramble MK2 ????? Nut megged fot the goal and just not strong enough.

Cacapa 6 - Not bad. Good at times.

Zoggy 6.5 - Creative going forward. Wasted at the back? Yes imo we need him creating more.

Milner 5.5 - Good at times, creative, wasted two really good chances though, he needed to be better should have scored today.

Barton 5.5 - Good passing forwards but caught in possesion several times.

Butt 6 - ok ish

Martins 5.5 - Ran his arse off needed to be better. Looks better up top than stuck out on the RW.

Smith 5 - SHOOT FFS!! Tried hard but what use is a striker who never seems to shoot? Should have had a pen.

Viduka 7 - Two good finishes.

Subs

Taylor 6.5 - Miles better than Roze.

Duff 7 - Livened things up ran at them.

Emre 7 Creative, needs to start imo.

Guest iliketoonarmy

It was only the last ten minutes did we play some decent football nice to see Viduka get on the score sheet. I hope Sam buys a creative midfielder in January we need one desperately.

I hope Sam buys nothing and fuck off from this club

I've definately started to lose faith in Big Sam. When that stat came up in midway through the 2nd half that said Derby had 61% possession...I think that said it all. No more 4-3-3. Grumble.

We didn't play 433. Some people here are on drugs.

I don't even know what system we played.. What was Smith's position for instance?

Up front alongside Viduka until the 2nd half. And completely dominated by a bigger centreback.

It was only the last ten minutes did we play some decent football nice to see Viduka get on the score sheet. I hope Sam buys a creative midfielder in January we need one desperately.

I hope Sam buys nothing and fuck off from this club

:lol:

Cue anti-Sam stuff, etc.

Freak result. We battered them from start to finish. There was a spell in the second half after their second goal where we were poor, but we should have hamemred them.

One person to blame - David Rozehnal. Sorry pal, the way it is - you're a fucking wank defender.

I agree.

We didn't batter them imo. We had the ball around their area a lot, and failed to convert this pressure into good chance for the vast majority of the time. Our problem today was a lack of class (bar Viduka) going forward. Milner put a lot of balls into the box, but they were all shit. No-one could play a pass in the final third. We had the territory needed to win it, but not the ability.

Does anyone agree that Derby actually played pretty well?

Absolutely, typical Jewell side. Hard working and not afraid to attack.

It was a poor result but far from a poor overall performance.

Smith must be the only striker to actually pose zero goal threat. I quite rate him usually but he doesn't even attempt to shoot, so frustrating

the only striker in the world who turns his back to goal when presented with a chance.

Disgusting to watch, feel that anyone at the game should get a refund.

We lost because of pure arrogance today, which was rooted from fans to the players.  Everyone believed it was going to be a cricket score, and we went out there with formation to attack, but forgot that you still have to defend. 

This 4-3-3 crap has to stop.  It's costing us points and the players don't remotely look comfortable playing it.

Here's other things that I felt during the game.

1. Nicky Butt, never EVER try the long ball pass.  YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT AND YOU LOSE THE BALL YOU TOOL.

2. Joey Barton should not start.  He isn't ready and should be playing from the bench, Emre to start please.

3. Rozenhal, what the hell happened? Cacapa is nearly just as bad... Taylor and Faye should always play when fit.

4. Crosses... let's put man on the opposite corner to collect the ball after Milner hoofs it over the entire goal area.  Perhaps the 2nd ball from the opposite flank will be a better one.

5. 4-3-3 is NOT working. Forget it sam.  You play to the strenghts of your players, not play your favourite tactic despite it being ineffective with the players you have.

6. N'ZOGBIA IS NOT A FUCKING LEFT BACK.  PLAY HIM LEFT WING OR FUCK OFF SAM YOU FAT CUNT.

oh I could rant all night about this game.  It's just so frustrating to see that we have talented players which are letting less talented players get the better of them.

Well done to Derby too.  They got fuck all to play for really yet they came and should have taken the points.

As much as I feel angry at Sam for not sorting out the team to get the win, I still think he needs to be given to the end of the season. We have to take this one on the chin and hope Sam wakes up, sorts out the problems, and we move up the table to fight for 6th/7th.

Have you considered our players aren't that good?

Guest bluegeordie

people all season have said that it needs to be one of rozehnal/capaca with one of faye/taylor, as you get a sweeper with an aggressive, physical player alongside him. quite why we went with the two former players when they struggled so badly in the reverse fixture this season... taylor can't have been that unfit, he looked fine when he came on.

Completely agree with this, and although I'm obviously engaging in futile crystal ball gazing, in my gut I feel that Taylor for Rozenhal from the start would have seen us win the match. Of course, putting The Bull at left back, with Zog pushed up to left midfield wouldn't have hurt our chances either.   

If we had Owen fit we would have won that comfortably.

I agree. That touch of extra class would have been enough to see us home without too much trouble. We just don't have enough players who can win you games.

I just think its so frustrating when the ball is being knocked about with hoofs and head tennis...........we play so much better when we stick it on the floor although they did have 6 men in defence so at times it seemed the only option, thats why we played much better when Emre came on

We just lack the class to open teams up atm. Viduka's got the class to finish things off, same with Owen and I'd even say Martins. But creating chances, who do we have? Emre? The man who the fatty sends on with 15 minutes left in each game? Him? Milner? Duff? We lack some genuine class in the center of the park but this can be solved in the transfer window...

How are people blaming Roz for their second? Great skill from Miller and a bit of luck. Not much Roz could've done there, IMO.

s**** game though, especially second half, was terrible for 35 minutes. Duff looked decent though.

In all, I'm blaming the Swedish commentator though, Arne Hegerfors, what a f****** colossal w******

He should NEVER GOING TO TACKLE THE BALL.

The best and only option is to slow down Kenny's play and wait for support,

but not trying such a risky tackle and cost us the goal!