Alan Smith

tmonkey

A midfield of Smith and Bowyer.  :mike:

i remember once upon a time, we had a midfield of,  zogbia, emre, parker, dyer, solano.  looks awesome on paper this midfield of five.  plus milner and bowyer and some others on the bench.

problem was the manager was graeme souness

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4149/5116916182_2af2373afc.jpg

Didn't he make an England appearance after he joined us, up front with Owen? Might have been that England B s****.

It was the England-Brazil game where the front 2 was indeed Smith and Owen (it was also the first senior England international match at the new Wembley!).

Didn't he make an England appearance after he joined us, up front with Owen? Might have been that England B s****.

It was the England-Brazil game where the front 2 was indeed Smith and Owen (it was also the first senior England international match at the new Wembley!).

It was England - Germany where both started as strikers and where Owen missed some clear chances. Wasn't that the first at new Wembley?

It was England - Germany where both started as strikers and where Owen missed some clear chances. Wasn't that the first at new Wembley?

Nope, it was the England-Brazil game which was the first senior international at the new Wembley. I remember it because I was invited to the game by a couple of mates, couldn't make it though because I had an exam the next morning. Booo.

Smith and Owen up front for the first game at the new Wembley? Beyond embarrassing.

I remember being somewhat proud at the time :lol: It was mainly because it was a Newcastle United frontline starting upfront for England.

Nope, it was the England-Brazil game which was the first senior international at the new Wembley. I remember it because I was invited to the game by a couple of mates, couldn't make it though because I had an exam the next morning. Booo.

Ok, just checked it. It was Germany's first game at the new Wembley against England where they both were up front, too.