The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

does anyone have any opinions on this guy as a player

I've seen a bit of him this season. And I have to say........he's either overrated or just having a poor spell of performances.

if you're talking about Mancini, aye, he is.. both

still a dangerous player, but never worth 16 million.. not even half of it tbh

Jarque to Spurs ........... could be completed in the next day or two if things run smoothly.  Also early stages of a big name with a big fee to go with it.  Bound to be in the rpress in the next couple of days.

Jarque I'd be delighted about.  The other one?  Even if it happens (which I doubt), I've got massive reservations.

Chimbonda to Villa according to his agent, super Willie McKay.

They've been crying out for a RB for a good while now, he's probably as good as they could attract (I rate the lad very highly when he's on the park, he's an arsehole though).

Would push them even further on.

Jarque to Spurs ........... could be completed in the next day or two if things run smoothly.  Also early stages of a big name with a big fee to go with it.  Bound to be in the rpress in the next couple of days.

Jarque I'd be delighted about.  The other one?  Even if it happens (which I doubt), I've got massive reservations.

Diego?

Chimbonda to Villa according to his agent, super Willie McKay.

They've been crying out for a RB for a good while now, he's probably as good as they could attract (I rate the lad very highly when he's on the park, he's an arsehole though).

Would push them even further on.

I think this is the press seeing Chimbonda is available then looking at who needs a RB right now. I think he's a decent player, he's just got a bit of a 'tude, which I don't think MON will like

You talking about Ronaldinho??

BBC Radio WM just reporting that Spurs have accepted a 10.5m offer from Villa for Jermain Defoe.

10.5m for a player woh's contract is up in 6 months?

Aye, that's wrong.

What about Crouch though?

BBC Radio WM just reporting that Spurs have accepted a 10.5m offer from Villa for Jermain Defoe.

10.5m for a player woh's contract is up in 6 months?

Aye, that's wrong.

What about Crouch though?

Radio WM are laughable cocksockets.

That is the bit I didnt mention.

Although his contract expires in 2009, not 2008

O'Neil's not shy of splashing a bit of cash is he?

Good signing for you but way overpriced

j

Quite the opposite.

He's a tightwad, he refuses to spend the cash - seriously, only about 4 or 5 clubs have spent less net than us since he joined. Lots of voices coming from the club (from the board, in fact, via a slightly too easy with his tongue son of a club director) saying that Lerner has given him 'as much money as he wants' and was exasperated last summer when he fucked up the window and spent very little. He dithers unbelievably, and is said to have always had a mortal fear of spending badly.

I think 10.5 is fair enough pricewise, to be honest.

j

I think 10.5 is fair enough pricewise, to be honest.

If you consider Bent cost £18m, £10.5m for Defoe is not a lot at all.

I like that Villa buys a lot of English players.

It is nice, but only as a pleasant by-product. I just want us to buy good players regardless of nationality. I can see what his thinking is, though - hopefully he can talk to people like Barnes and point at Agbonlahor, Young and Carson and suggest that this is a good place to be to further your career.

When we played Arsenal this year and they took us apart in the first half, their fans were singing 'you need more foreigners' which make me chuckle.