The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Guest icemanblue

Berbatov to Newcastle

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article633000.ece

DIMITAR BERBATOV has sensationally told Spurs he would like to join a big club putting Newcastle United on red alert.

You added this bit yourself :thup:

That's canny fuking sad by any standards.

I'd take him for £12-13m, nothing more, average to good form striker.

Hehehe, you funny.

Berbatov to Newcastle

DIMITAR BERBATOV has sensationally told Spurs he would like to join a ‘big’ club — putting Newcastle United on red alert.

mackems.gif

I'd say he's worth about £16-17m (taking into account the fact Bent is only really worth about 9). He's a very good player, but I can't ever see him scoring enough goals to be in the same class as someone like Torres or Drogba.

Edit: He'll go for more than that though.

Nevermind your Berbatov's I've got some big news here:

Lukas Jutkiewicz from Everton to Plymouth on loan. Young stiker we signed from Swindon last season when Paul Sturrock was in charge, he's now the boss at Plymouth so must rate him a lot.

Guest Sporting

I'd say he's worth about £16-17m (taking into account the fact Bent is only really worth about 9). He's a very good player, but I can't ever see him scoring enough goals to be in the same class as someone like Torres or Drogba.

A good six months and suddenly Torres is a benchmark for prolific strikers.

Guest Undertaker

Berbatov to Newcastle

DIMITAR BERBATOV has sensationally told Spurs he would like to join a ‘big’ club — putting Newcastle United on red alert.

good joke

What a fucking stupid post (assuming it's sarcasm). :lol:

15 in goals in 19 appearances suggests, um yeah.

Guest Undertaker

What a f****** stupid post (assuming it's sarcasm). :lol:

Torres is rubbish. Ameobi much better

We rejected a £15m bid for Arteta from Valencia last week

There were quotes on it from one of their officials and Arteta's agent

since "WE" here is mostly newcastle you perhaps should add "We,Everton, had a bid rejected.." :)

:)

look at his avatar mate i think it gives it away who 1878 supports

Guest Knightrider

What a f****** stupid post (assuming it's sarcasm). :lol:

Torres is rubbish. Ameobi Ashton much better

FYP

Apparently we (that's Everton and not Newcastle  blueyes.gif) have signed that Dan Gosling kid from Plymouth who Chelsea were interested in a while ago. £1.5million.

Dirty bugger, saw him against Plymouth not long ago. Looked confident on the ball, decent passer but a fair few of his tackles went astray, didn't look afraid to get stuck into players, only 17 though,  excellent prospect nonetheless.

Apparently we (that's Everton and not Newcastle  blueyes.gif) have signed that Dan Gosling kid from Plymouth who Chelsea were interested in a while ago. £1.5million.

Dirty bugger, saw him against Plymouth not long ago. Looked confident on the ball, decent passer but a fair few of his tackles went astray, didn't look afraid to get stuck into players, only 17 though,  excellent prospect nonetheless.

If he's tidy on the ball then that will do for me. Can play in a few positions as well can't he? Midfield and fullback?

If he's tidy on the ball then that will do for me. Can play in a few positions as well can't he? Midfield and fullback?

Yeah, played full-back against us but I was thinking that he's exactly what our midfield needs. Someone who can tackle AND pass. We seem to have no one who seems to be able to do this consistently.

Ipswich in for Robert?

ssn just said that...

people saying berbatov for us ... he wants to move to a BIGGER club than spurs, imo spurs are better than us to start with even if we are higherin the league