Should Sam Allardyce get the Sack? (Main Page Poll)

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Agree with Parky's sentiments fully, but people come to this site to express their opinions on NUFC and sadly Big Sam's job is the hot topic of debate so it's only right and proper that N.O touches on this subject, with a poll being agood none biased way of doing that.

Aye, exactly, the bias thing is key. It's not like the article attempts to lead the readership either way and in the comments section there are good points being made from both sides of the wall.

Not sure it is fair or proper to have an article of this kind on the front page at the moment imo.

It's what the site is for though isn't it, for fans to give their views?

Given that this is by far the biggest issue at our club right now, it's got to be touched upon.

It's my view that SA is under immense pressure right now and the tabloids are starting to go after him, I don't think we need to add to that scenario right at this moment. Just my opinion.

Agree, Mr P.  blueyes.gif

Why give them ammunition?

I do agree as well, to be perfectly honest and I was hesitant about posting it (in fairness it's the first time we've done something like this after a lot of support for the "new" NUFC). But we can't shy away from the issues, at the end of the day, I can't help but feel it's unfair if we run the website with such a bias. Especially when 62% of the readership (at the moment) clearly want him gone.

At the end of the day it's a poll on a website that will get about 1,500 votes if left to run for a while, it's not exactly highly-credible and unfortunately we're probably not as important as Parky likes to think/Steveintoon has been told. :lol:

That's fair enough. :)

I just think that, rightly or wrongly, we're seen as a fickle set of fans and having the poll on the main page simply backs this up. Once again, the Toon Army are shouting for the managers head etc. I've not got a problem with the poll and people having their say but at least make the muck-raking bastards work for it!

Also, more comments in 2 hours than any article since early September, 270 votes in the same timeframe and the fact it's already in NewsNow's "top stories" supports the fact that it was probably a good call, from a certain perspective at least.

I understand that my capitalist side is shining through here again, mind.

He said when he first came here that it would take him 5 years to sort out this club and many on here were fine with that 6 months ago. Its an absolute mockery that people are calling for his head 6 months in, in fact its plain terrible. No wonder the average life of a manager is something like 13 months with all the ridiculous pressure put on the main man by the fans. why can't we be patient, we have no divine right to be better than the teams above and we shouldn't expect too much. Maybe if we were in the relegation zone i would be worried and consider bringing in a new man but for now we are totally safe and i'm sorry we might just have to deal with mediocrity for a couple of seasons until we get back to our old status. If we sack Sam now, what are we going to do? go on with this endless carousel of managers until we actually are relegated? because if thats what we do now, that is what will happen.

The club will not gain anything at all to sack. Sam is a good manager and will lift the club and leave it at a good standard reugardless our positions.

Really sick of the club overall. Sometimes like this I wich I suported someone else!

He said when he first came here that it would take him 5 years to sort out this club and many on here were fine with that 6 months ago. Its an absolute mockery that people are calling for his head 6 months in, in fact its plain terrible. No wonder the average life of a manager is something like 13 months with all the ridiculous pressure put on the main man by the fans. why can't we be patient, we have no divine right to be better than the teams above and we shouldn't expect too much. Maybe if we were in the relegation zone i would be worried and consider bringing in a new man but for now we are totally safe and i'm sorry we might just have to deal with mediocrity for a couple of seasons until we get back to our old status. If we sack Sam now, what are we going to do? go on with this endless carousel of managers until we actually are relegated? because if thats what we do now, that is what will happen.

Amen

agree 100%. SOmetimes I really hate the suporters to the club.

Amen

I'm impressed with that, I must say. My patience is waning, but I agree with your stances.

Just wish I could bury my head for a year or so and hope everything's better when I emerge again.

The worst thing, for me, about times like these is not being able to do anything about it.

Amen

I'm impressed with that, I must say. My patience is waning, but I agree with your stances.

Just wish I could bury my head for a year or so and hope everything's better when I emerge again.

The worst thing, for me, about times like these is not being able to do anything about it.

:nods:

Amen

:nods:

Agree, I lose all interest in other football as well when Newcastle are doing bad.

It would be interesting to know how many of the Allardyce apologists actually go and watch games, it's really easy saying give him more time if you don't actually invest any of your time in the club.  I can't remember many, if any thinking that way after spending 12 to 13 hours on Boxing Day to watch a load of rubbish served up as our festive treat.

I'm not going to Chelsea tomorrow so will not try to tell those who do how they should feel about whatever happens.

It would be interesting to know how many of the Allardyce apologists actually go and watch games, it's really easy saying give him more time if you don't actually invest any of your time in the club.  I can't remember many, if any thinking that way after spending 12 to 13 hours on Boxing Day to watch a load of rubbish served up as our festive treat.

I'm not going to Chelsea tomorrow so will not try to tell those who do how they should feel about whatever happens.

I wouldn't class myself as an apologist, but I'm much calmer than I was at this point on Boxing Day. :laugh:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Amen

Agree 200%, In Sam we trust

Amen

Agree 200%, In Sam we trust

Then Sam needs to maintain this line of thinking and not start blaming the players (publicly) for him being under pressure. He is no worse than the fans calling for his head, because the players that he has bought, and I guess is criticising, have only been there 5 minutes too.

I'm going to repeat what others have already said but I believe it needs repeating a hundred times so that it is finally listened to and understood.

It's not the fact we lose but the manner in which we lose that is wearing out the patience fast.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/12/28/Prem-Ferdinand-on-Allardyce-future/

Les: Players will get Sam sacked

Setanta Sports' pundit Les Ferdinand fears for the future of Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce after the team's recent performances against Derby and Wigan.

One point from two winnable fixtures was not what the Newcastle faithful had wanted for Christmas and Allardyce himself was scathing of his players following the 1-0 defeat at The JJB Stadium on Boxing Day.

Former Newcastle striker Ferdinand admits the performances of players invariably determine the future of their manager and, as such, Allardyce could be on a shakey ground.

“Players can get managers the sack and the way they performed against Wigan and against Derby it looks like it’s heading that way,” Ferdinand told the Friday Football Show.

Newcastle travel to Chelsea on Saturday and, despite injuries affecting the form of Avram Grant’s team, Ferdinand does not hold out much hope for an away win.

He added: “Chelsea are missing a few players and it may be a great time to go there but Newcastle will need to improve their performance by 100 percent if they’re to have any chance of beating Chelsea.”

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I'm going to repeat what others have already said but I believe it needs repeating a hundred times so that it is finally listened to and understood.

It's not the fact we lose but the manner in which we lose that is wearing out the patience fast.

Do you remember in wich manner we lost to  Bradford (2-0, 1999), Coventry (4-1, 1999), Wimbledon (2-0, 2000), Leicester (2-0, 2000), Southampton (2-0, 2000), Charlton (1-0, 2000), Sunderland (2-1, 2000), Arsenal (5-0, 2000), Derby (2-0, 2000)  and Draw to Watford (1-1, 1999), Derby (0-0, 2000) under Bobby Robson?

I don`t think so.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Phil Brown has been on BBC Radio Five Live criticising the fans.

Given his close links to Allardyce, it is fair to say that Brown is saying what Allardyce is thinking.

Newcastle supporters have been told to "take a reality check" by Sam Allardyce's former assistant Phil Brown.

Magpies manager Allardyce, who only took over at St James' Park in the summer is coming under increasing pressure from fans after a disappointing run of results.

But Hull boss Brown, who worked under Allardyce at Bolton, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The sooner all parties - including supporters, including the media - take a reality check (the better).

"Newcastle have only won one trophy in the last 50 years.

"All of a sudden, a new man comes to the helm and everyone expects immediate success. It's ridiculous to expect it.

"Unless you get a £100million purse, as in Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, or a lot of money such as Sven-Goran Eriksson at Man City, I think it's ridiculous to expect immediate success."

Newcastle supporters have been told to "take a reality check" by Sam Allardyce's former assistant Phil Brown.

Magpies manager Allardyce, who only took over at St James' Park in the summer is coming under increasing pressure from fans after a disappointing run of results.

But Hull boss Brown, who worked under Allardyce at Bolton, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The sooner all parties - including supporters, including the media - take a reality check (the better).

"All of a sudden, a new man comes to the helm and everyone expects immediate success. It's ridiculous to expect it.

"Unless you get a £100million purse, as in Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, or a lot of money such as Sven-Goran Eriksson at Man City, I think it's ridiculous to expect immediate success."

I can understand how the manager of Hull might see trying to beat Wigan as expecting too much.

Phil Brown has been on BBC Radio Five Live criticising the fans.

Given his close links to Allardyce, it is fair to say that Brown is saying what Allardyce is thinking.

Oh aye. It would be our fault like.

Twat

Pity he doesnt realise that people arent expecting Champions League. Just the odd shot on target against the worst teams in the league would do. Why do fuck heads like these stick their oar in where its not wanted