Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Get rid, the video of him attacking that lad is fucking disgusting, i never want to see him wear our colours again.

I'm sure he's the one pulling the guy away?

Eh? :lol:

Get rid, the video of him attacking that lad is fucking disgusting, i never want to see him wear our colours again.

I watched it earlier, doesn't even look like him.

Perhaps silly Joey missed this when coming up with his defence case.

Get rid, the video of him attacking that lad is f***ing disgusting, i never want to see him wear our colours again.

If only.

You should tell Barton seeing as he pleaded guilty to it.

You should tell Barton seeing as he pleaded guilty to it.

Thought that was just for the Dabo case... didn't know anything about this one anyway, he's a disgrace, no other option than to sack him.

The Beeb must have been on the phone to Sky Sports for a lend judging by some of the halfwits on Look North offering their opinions.

Exactly what I thought.

BBC north east must be controlled by a Sunderland fan.

The Barton reporting was so biased (once dropped his shorts  - shock horror! etc) and like you say they dragged up 5 half wits to give their profound opinions.

Do they ever mention that Sunderland are managed by a thug who admits to intentionally ending a fellow pros career with an act of brutal violence ?  Err.. no they don't they make out like he's some kind of hero.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/01/ex-toon-defender-distin-in-trouble-over-absence-72703-21211682/

Ex-Toon defender Distin in trouble over absence

Jul 1 2008

FORMER Newcastle United defender Sylvain Distin has been ordered to appear before a court to explain his absence from the Joey Barton case.

The Frenchman was supposed to attend Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Monday ahead of his former Manchester City team-mate’s assault trial.

Distin was one of several players who witnessed the training ground attack on Ousmane Dabo.

But the 6ft 4in Portsmouth defender failed to respond to a summons served personally by a police officer, and then laughed at a detective who phoned him on the weekend before the trial.

Detective Constable Stuart Brown, who led the Barton investigation, said he rang Distin’s mobile and got a UK dialling tone.

But the 30-year-old footballer answered and said he was on holiday in Greece and was not prepared to return for the trial.

Det Con Brown said: "He laughed at me and said, ’You can lock me up for 10 years, I’m not coming back’.

"He said couldn’t remember the incident and that he had helped us by giving a statement."

He confronted him about the dialling tone but Distin maintained he was in Greece and could provide evidence he was there.

Distin, who made 28 appearances in the black and white while on loan during the 2001-02 season, went on to say that he felt he was the criminal in this case.

Det Con Brown rang him again on Monday and Distin informed him he was prepared to give evidence by video conference from Greece.

The detective explained to him again that he was made aware of the trial many weeks ago and had to attend.

Richard Vardon, prosecutor in the Barton case, had suggested that a warrant for Distin's arrest should be issued because he was in contempt of court.

Judge Mushtaq Khokhar decided not to impose the warrant, but ordered that he must attend Minshull Street Crown Court on July 14 to explain his absence.

:lol:

Guest Heneage

I'm finding it hard to remember everything he's been charged for...

Is your sig not a bit graphic?

Shit film btw, I got so bored of it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/01/ex-toon-defender-distin-in-trouble-over-absence-72703-21211682/

Ex-Toon defender Distin in trouble over absence

Jul 1 2008

FORMER Newcastle United defender Sylvain Distin has been ordered to appear before a court to explain his absence from the Joey Barton case.

The Frenchman was supposed to attend Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Monday ahead of his former Manchester City team-mate’s assault trial.

Distin was one of several players who witnessed the training ground attack on Ousmane Dabo.

But the 6ft 4in Portsmouth defender failed to respond to a summons served personally by a police officer, and then laughed at a detective who phoned him on the weekend before the trial.

Detective Constable Stuart Brown, who led the Barton investigation, said he rang Distin’s mobile and got a UK dialling tone.

But the 30-year-old footballer answered and said he was on holiday in Greece and was not prepared to return for the trial.

Det Con Brown said: "He laughed at me and said, ’You can lock me up for 10 years, I’m not coming back’.

"He said couldn’t remember the incident and that he had helped us by giving a statement."

He confronted him about the dialling tone but Distin maintained he was in Greece and could provide evidence he was there.

Distin, who made 28 appearances in the black and white while on loan during the 2001-02 season, went on to say that he felt he was the criminal in this case.

Det Con Brown rang him again on Monday and Distin informed him he was prepared to give evidence by video conference from Greece.

The detective explained to him again that he was made aware of the trial many weeks ago and had to attend.

Richard Vardon, prosecutor in the Barton case, had suggested that a warrant for Distin's arrest should be issued because he was in contempt of court.

Judge Mushtaq Khokhar decided not to impose the warrant, but ordered that he must attend Minshull Street Crown Court on July 14 to explain his absence.

:lol:

The way British law seems to work Distin will probably get a prison sentence (a longer one than Barton).

Should Barton stay, he will have to work very hard to win people over again.

We know thats not true. One or two good games and he'll be in everyone's good books.

E.g. Dyer after stabbing Sir Bobby in the back and treating the club like dirt.

How long should Shearer have got for his assault on Keith Gillespie if that had been caught on camera?

And that was for only flicking bottle top's

Double standards

Guest neesy111

couldnt believe look north, very biased "poll" of supporters.

i think we need to keep him, dont thinkwe can afford the lossof the fee.

how the fuck do you know that it was biased, just because 1/2 dozen ppl on here doesn't speak for all of the 1 million newcastle fan's in this country

i would say 75% want him sacked, we've written off more money than this dozen's of times before

How the fuck can you get a suspended sentence for the same offence as one you've already been convicted of and are currently doing time for?

Absolute farce.

Defies the whole point of a suspended sentence.

How the fuck can you get a suspended sentence for the same offence as one you've already been convicted of and are currently doing time for?

Absolute farce.

Defies the whole point of a suspended sentence.

Agree with that totally.

How long should Shearer have got for his assault on Keith Gillespie if that had been caught on camera?

Double standards

Keith Gillespie was a grown man that, by all accounts, was begging for it. Shearer didn't continue to hit him after he had knocked him down. Shearer didn't go around getting pissed and in fights all the time. He was a model professional 99% of the time.

Barton has beaten the shit out of a 16 year old outside McDonalds, and continued to lay into Dabo as he lay semi conscious on the ground.

It's not double standards because they're two very different cases.

Double standards

Keith Gillespie was a grown man that, by all accounts, was begging for it. Shearer didn't continue to hit him after he had knocked him down. Shearer didn't go around getting pissed and in fights all the time. He was a model professional 99% of the time.

Barton has beaten the shit out of a 16 year old outside McDonalds, and continued to lay into Dabo as he lay semi conscious on the ground.

It's not double standards because they're two very different cases.

I hope that bit is tongue in cheek.