Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

Do official club text messages include manager appointments? :lol:

Expect an urgent stop press announcement in the next hour revealing that Ramage and Enrique are visiting a childrens cancer ward tomorrow.  Service charged at 12p per message received, individual carrier costs may vary. To unsubscribe text FUCKOFF a minimum of five times to 885467.

I feel very concerned about the way this has happened. It sounds like we were only half-committed to Allardyce and weren't prepared to back him fully in the transfer market. The manager's morale then sinks and we end up with a row, because Allardyce began to realise that he was very likely to be replaced at the end of the season.

We seem to be in a Chelsea-type situation, with the owner in the background but wiedling real power through his control of the purse-strings. That can be a bit unsettling to the manager, because the guy he's talking to isn't the one with real power. That bloke is in the stands, listening to the fans. You really wonder whether Mort and Ashley were in agreement on this.

I'm sick of these clever clogs who support other clubs and haven't watched our performances all season saying we're never going to get anywhere sacking managers after only xxx, shouldn't have sacked souness, roeder, sam etc without giving them 5 years to turn it around because now no-one will take the job etc etc.  Wonder if they feel the same about McClaren getting the boot.

SSN outside SJP now.  Interviewing some guy still believing the brit only angle.  Lots of money on Moyes.

Gimp now says he wants Keegan and "everyone would be joyus" and wouldn't mind finishing fourth bottom season after season if they were entertained.

That Gimp is Pete Graves from Century Radio

My mate just phoned me from around st james and david craig is there saying that Moyes could get the job

please no

Yeah, we wouldn't want a decent manager would we. We should have kept Allardyce. He miught have been shite - well, he WAS shite - but at least he was managing a club that was clearly beneath us, eh.

Good riddance to a bad manager, for me.

And to those who were haroing on about our best start to the season, etc - what a load of shite. Any difference was marginal, and the waste of money on shite like Smith and Geremi was criminal. Fuck off Allardyce - oh, you have. Good.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

SSN outside SJP now.  Interviewing some guy still believing the brit only angle.  Lots of money on Moyes.

Gimp now says he wants Keegan and "everyone would be joyus" and wouldn't mind finishing fourth bottom season after season if they were entertained.

That Gimp is Pete Graves from Century Radio

Has he got down syndrome?  HAPPY WITH 4TH BOTTOM?

FUCK OFF.

I feel very concerned about the way this has happened. It sounds like we were only half-committed to Allardyce and weren't prepared to back him fully in the transfer market. The manager's morale then sinks and we end up with a row, because Allardyce began to realise that he was very likely to be replaced at the end of the season.

We seem to be in a Chelsea-type situation, with the owner in the background but wiedling real power through his control of the purse-strings. That can be a bit unsettling to the manager, because the guy he's talking to isn't the one with real power. That bloke is in the stands, listening to the fans. You really wonder whether Mort and Ashley were in agreement on this.

The current owner/board did not employ the manager.

The manager wasted a lot of money very eraly, and showed very, very little competence.

Surely best to get rid, get a decent manager in NOW, let them have the rest of the season to review the squad, plan (with the owner etc) the strategy for the next few  years, and then, when he has shown he HAS a plan (unliek the previous few managers, who showed they DIDN'T), the new man shoudl get our full support and the time he needs.

chronicle article says pretty much naff all, and indicates they know nowt imo.

the most he's got is a call to shearer, who i think we already knew wasnt going to be gaffer, and a call to our ex chairman who isnt exactly in the know anymore.

kelmsleys comments will keep me positive.

I'm actually quite convinced by Kemsley's 'excited' comment. Gives me hope.

did you hear it or are you going off what i posted as i didn't hear the full thing ?

However, former Tottenham vice-president Paul Kemsley, who is a close friend of Ashley, has hinted that a permanent appointment may not be far off.

Kemsley, who is a known admirer of Redknapp and is thought to have wanted Spurs to appoint him as Martin Jol's replacement, would not be drawn on whether Ashley already has a manager lined up.

But he told BBC Radio Five Live: "Mike is a considered guy, he does not make rash decisions. He will have a plan and I am sure he knows what he is doing.

"I would be very excited if I was a Newcastle fan, as I know Mike will deliver for them. He wants to see good quality, attacking football and he wants to win games."

The fact remains that Newcastle are now looking for their sixth manager in 10 years.

Ironically, Allardyce had spoken about the lack of time afforded to Premier League managers in the modern-day game just before he was sacked.

But Kemsley feels Allardyce may have been living on borrowed time because he was appointed by ex-chairman Freddy Shepherd before Ashley's takeover.

He added: "Allardyce was not Mike's choice - but he gave him time because he wanted to see if he could deliver.

"However, he felt it was in the best interests of the club to sack Allardyce and that is what happened.

"Mike has already invested £250m in the club and is prepared to invest more but he wants to do that with his own man in place."

I haven't read through the entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned at all, but Kelmsley was on radio 5 live today and said he'd spoken to Ashley.

Apparently the situation is that Sam wasn't employed by Ashley, but after the takeover the board were prepared to give him some time to see what he could do. Ashley wanted entertaining attacking football for his wee investment and came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to get it with Sam. Ashley wants to invest a lot of money into the club and he wants to be confident that the manager he gives it to will spend it the right way.

Or words to that effect.

I haven't read through the entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned at all, but Kelmsley was on radio 5 live today and said he'd spoken to Ashley.

Apparently the situation is that Sam wasn't employed by Ashley, but after the takeover the board were prepared to give him some time to see what he could do. Ashley wanted entertaining attacking football for his wee investment and came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to get it with Sam. Ashley wants to invest a lot of money into the club and he wants to be confident that the manager he gives it to will spend it the right way.

Or words to that effect.

:lol: Nice timing.