Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle687907.ece

SAM ALLARDYCE is fuming with his one-time pal Harry Redknapp.

Big Sam does not believe Redknapp was straight with him in the weeks leading up to his sacking by Newcastle.

Allardyce phoned Redknapp last month after hearing he had been offered his job.

The Portsmouth boss denied it — but Big Sam has now been told that Redknapp was first sounded out THREE MONTHS ago.

Redknapp said no to Toon on Saturday — three days after Sam was axed.

But a pal of Allardyce told SunSport: “Sam is not happy with Harry. In fact, he’s absolutely furious.

“If Harry had admitted it was true, Sam would not have blamed him. But he does not think Harry was open with him.

“The next time they meet will be lively. Sam will certainly have a few things to say to Harry.”

I think bluegeordie is right.

There was something in the manner of Sam going that said 'i leave with my reputation intact' which indicated he wanted out too. I think Sam was thinking that he should have been turning it round by now if he was, as he says, a top manager. His team were going backwards though and living off luck which was sort of telling everyone that he wasnt a top manager.  Leaving the role has at this point only benefitted Sam Allardyce because no one is really blaming him for this mess, whereas in actual fact its all down to him (and the shitness of the players  :shifty:)

Guest redmayne

what fucks me off more than anything is this idea that we hould give someone 3-5 years or so before we admit it was their fault

if we had been on course to finish 7/8th this year and looked like we were actually tryig on the pitch and players had been in their right positions then allardyce would have had full support, but the medi seem to think we should stick with him when everyone with half a brain can see it has ben getting worse as the season has gone on,  the club could be turned around in 1 season with the right manager setup, all this horse shit that the club is fucked is bollocks, it just needs someone with thebollocks to come in and clear the shit out and make the big decisions i.e. selling owen and getting a younger quicker player with a better injury record, ditching the enytire midfield and also Ashley spending some money

basically allardyce was never good enough for NUFC

good riddence

• 5 years later...

Sam Allardyce - NUFC Official Statement

Newcastle United has today parted company with Sam Allardyce as its Manager with immediate effect.

This decision has been reached by mutual agreement.

Newcastle United Chairman Chris Mort said: "Mike and I would like to place on record our thanks for Sam's efforts and wish him well for the future.

"A new manager has not yet been appointed at Newcastle United. We will make a further announcement on the managerial position when appropriate."

Sam Allardyce said: "I am disappointed to be leaving Newcastle United but I wish the Club all the best for the remainder of the season and for the future."

First Team coach Nigel Pearson will take charge of the team for Saturday's game at Manchester United.

6 years ago. Jeez man, where did that go?

I remember at the time it felt like Allardyce needed more time to get things to click. Wasn't sad to see him go as such as I wasn't happy about him signing in the first place, I remember feeling like he hadn't been given much of a chance.

That said, I always favour giving managers that little bit more time.

In retrospect his legacy is mediocre, at best. His record since being sacked has vindicated Ashley & co, if we're being honest.

It's weird how things change over time. Most people now look back on the Allardyce era with loathing (although he probably doesn't as he sits in his Spanish villa aptly named Casa St James).  Judging from the mood of this forum these days I would'nt expect the same level of dissent if Pardew was sacked.

Hate Souness more. Pardew is certainly no better...although is more likeable.

Really was positive when we hire Fat Sam, all the technology and sports science wank he brought seemed the right move. Seemed like the best summer of signings too. Wow did it ever go wrong. Likewise I think he deserved more time, although I doubt we would have pushed the top 4/5 even back then. Wish we had an owner and chairman that willing to sack a manager for poor performances on the pitch... oh shit wait a second...

The best decision Mike Ashley made to the date...

Shame the next one is more than likely when he leaves... in 2026.

It'll be nice when Mike puts Pards on his hover board and sends him on his way.

Really was positive when we hire Fat Sam, all the technology and sports science wank he brought seemed the right move. Seemed like the best summer of signings too. Wow did it ever go wrong. Likewise I think he deserved more time, although I doubt we would have pushed the top 4/5 even back then. Wish we had an owner and chairman that willing to sack a manager for poor performances on the pitch... oh shit wait a second...

I don't really agree with this, IMO he was clearly a bad fit, underwhelming and his style of football was obviously not compatible.

It'll be nice when Mike puts Pards on his hover the board and sends him on his our way.

:yikes: How I read that

It'll be nice when Mike puts Pards on his hover the board and sends him on his our way.

:yikes: How I read that

That read not much sense, poor grammar read bad. Finest hour not. :lol: