Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

According to a Pompey fansite: "Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley Ashley has confirmed on Sky Sports News that he knows who he wants, he is in employment, he is English, and they will go through the proper channels"

Is this bollocks?

Yes, he is the owner.

According to a Pompey fansite: "Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley Ashley has confirmed on Sky Sports News that he knows who he wants, he is in employment, he is English, and they will go through the proper channels"

Is this bollocks?

Yes. SSN said earlier that they 'understand' the manager we are after is British and that we will go through the 'proper channels'.

Is this bollocks?

Yes. SSN said earlier that they 'understand' the manager we are after is British and that we will go through the 'proper channels'.

Proper channel being BBC One?

Charlie, Given, Duff, Owen and possibly Milner, Beye and Taylor.

I don't think we'll find anyone quite as stupid as we were to pay big money for a lad who struggles to do the basics of the game.

See out of those I'd say no chance with Duff, Milner, Beye (we couldn't make that much profit on a 30 year old fullback), Duff and Taylor.

And of the other 3, Owen we could be losing for nothing in not much over 12 months time, the other two might go for around the same as Martins, but certainly not more.  Goalscorers are always bought at a premium, look at Darren Bent. 

Its all hypothetical though obviously.

Fecking Hell!!!

We are the god-damned laughing stock of the whole football world right now!  Whomever is stupid enough to take the role will have a huge golden handshake exit clause in their contract, given they may only get 8-9 months before being shown the exit.

The only redeeming thing in my mind is that being a business man, more than a rabid fan, it is unlikely that Ashley nor Mort would want to sack him unless they had someone better (better in the sense of being more qualified and more experienced than Sam) lined up.  In business you never sack a senior manager without knowing who is going to step in to the role and knowing they will do a better job.  If it turns out this is not the case it will show Ashley and Mort up to be another pair of morons running the club and we're in for another 10 years of Shepherd like ownership.

Is this bollocks?

Proper channel being BBC One?

UKTV Food +1.

Guest Brewcastle

So what happens in the transfer window?

Unless we get a manager in fast we`ll not sign anyone.

Maybe that's why Sam had to go now. So the new manager have the chance to pick some players. Guess the deal's allready done, and the man works with his transfer-candidates.

The Mohurinho/Drogba theory mentioned in another thread is exciting. Dreaming about it until the announcement :parky:. Don't hurt me Ashley, don't bring in McClaren  :smug:  

Guest Brewcastle

We were already a laughing stock when we couldnt beat Derby, twice.

But the positive is that somebody (Ashley) tries to sort this out, so it won't happen again  O0

I'm gutted he's gone tbh. I had faith in him and he was desperate to do well. I still think he probably will have done.

But that doesn't matter now, before the likes of Northern Monkey and Toon Taylor shout at me. :D

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_02/094bigsam_468x618.jpg

Quite a sad picture...

:undecided:

I'm gutted tbh. I was behind him, one of a few willing to give him time. I really hope the club turn around but where have the last 4 sackings got us other than further behind? Fingers crossed.

I really liked the guy, as stubborn and unwilling to change he was. I think it was too much for him, the expectation and pressure far beyond anything he had experienced before.

I'm confused more than anything. Baffling decision really. The timing especially. After they had chose to stick with him after the takeover they should have stuck with that decision and give him time. I really don't think he's gone on the back of the last few games. They must have something lined up otherwise it is a very strange decision with us approaching the middle of the transfer window next week.