Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - Match Thread

Decky

Anyone interested in omens? Probably not, but I'll go ahead anyway.

The first time I ever saw Newcastle - 1968 - we lost 6-0 at Old Trafford. The right winger (in that case, Best) got a hat trick. That season, Man U won the European Cup.

And the next season, we won our one and only trophy of the last 50 years.

Sweet Jesus, get a grip. It was one game against the best team in Europe. Get a grip. We are managerless. Get a grip.

Think man - we are in a run where we are getting steadily WORSE, the players that Allardyce bought have been as bad (worse ?) than those bought by Souness. We have an awful run-in, the players show little effort and no cohesion.

Yes, I DO think panicking must be on the agenda.

Keep the faith lads. There'll be more ups than downs in the next decade as long as Ashley throws big money at the problem.

And im not being sarcastic. £30mill will buy 2-3 big money signings, and hence theres a decent chance that 2-3 signings could flop. £100mill should buy at least 6-7 big money signings, and without a doubt a couple at least will be good signings. Look at it this way - if Souness was given more backing, Anelka would have been signed.

It'll get better. Unless we get relegated that is.

The first time I ever saw Newcastle - 1968 - we lost 6-0 at Old Trafford. The right winger (in that case, Best) got a hat trick. That season, Man U won the European Cup.

Hope you're right but we're Newcastle - we don't win trophies!

Just feel dejected, even though I didn't think it was going to be anything other than a defeat.

1) I didn't think that either of the penalty appeals for Man Utd were. Ronaldo played for the first one and Giggs kicked Smith.

2) Owen was onside when the ball was played and his goal should have stood.

3) The freekick for Ronaldo's first goal should never have been given. He mishit the ball and fell over.

4) Ferdinand looked offside for his goal.

5) Was the whole ball over the line for Tevez's goal? Seem to remember Ray Wilkins reasoning that when Martins struck the bar against Chelsea in the League Cup.

6) Styles is s**** and so is the linesman.

7) Taylor, N'Zogbia and Enrique all had decent games.

8) The ball was running for Man Utd and generally has against Newcastle this year. Hits Cacapa and goes to Tevez, although it should have been in row Z before that.

9) Man United 6-0 Newcastle - I would love to get revenge in the home game.

Hope you're right but we're Newcastle - we don't win trophies!

possible we will be in the championship

So your advice is to put money on Man U to win the Champion League ?

Enrique, Zog and Taylor :thup: maybe Given as well

Given was f****** woeful. The first two goals (ignoring the fact that the first wasn't a free-kick, the goal itself) were purely down to him.

He had a shocker - was all over the place and that 2nd goal.....

Guest Harry-Norway

40 years i`ve waited,another 40 years we surè need,i am sick of fotball,i `ll start with a new sport i think.

i hate Manur, i always did and alwys will.

Yes please do take up a new sport so we never have to hear from you again.

fuck you Jonny2J,are you wearing a Manur shirt or what? you sad fucker.

Given was f****** woeful. The first two goals (ignoring the fact that the first wasn't a free-kick, the goal itself) were purely down to him.

Given was saved at least four times from an off-the-line clearance. The first two from Taylor in the 2nd half, Given didn't even fucking move!

40 years i`ve waited,another 40 years we surè need,i am sick of fotball,i `ll start with a new sport i think.

i hate Manur, i always did and alwys will.

Yes please do take up a new sport so we never have to hear from you again.

fuck you Jonny2J,are you wearing a Manur shirt or what? you sad fucker.

:lol:

Play nice please.

Given was fucking woeful. The first two goals (ignoring the fact that the first wasn't a free-kick, the goal itself) were purely down to him.

Aye, but he also pulled off 4 or 5 excellent saves. They were always going to maul us with that half-arsed shower of shit out there.

why are we even bothering playing games if you play with owen alone up front. Smith and butt in midfield, no creativity at all.

We looked ok untill the first goal, but afther that, the whole team fell apart. No passion, nothing.

No. We. Didn't.

Rooney could have had 4 in the opening 15 mins, never mind the rest of their team. We offered nothing going forward, and the player who touched the ball most in the first half was Shay Given as he spotted up goal kick after goal kick following wayward Man U shooting. If that's us looking OK, I'd hate to see us looking bad.

I think that display shows what Sam had done to the team & that Pearson knows nowt. Decisions didn't go our way but I have to say again in the scheme of things this may be a blessing.

Ashley no knows for certain what a big club is, where we are & what needs to be done.

We'll recover from this.

It's absolutely horribly but it's merely the situation that we're in at the moment. This isn't me defending Allardyce, we still would have lost, but if we still had a manager and none of this tripe that's gone on had gone on, it wouldn't have bene 6-0 and we'd have all been going "meh".

Who've we got next, Stoke? We'll beat them. Aye - we'll get knocked out in the next round but a win will ignite something. I think a new manager will be in by next weekend, which will give everyone a lift, and we've got a winnable home game (i think, if i'm right) coming up.

This is embarassing and it hurts like hell but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really symbolise anything. Only the situation.