Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

If Keegan is given the job again, we should make him come down the Tyne is a super speed boat.  The helicopter thing has been done to death now.

Nah a space hopper or a monkey bike would be funnier, Big Sam should have come in a red and yellow car and a hat with a bell on!

someone on the blackburn board who is supposedly itk reckons both keegan and shearer want the job but dont want to play second fiddle to each other.

guys called nicko if you want to check his thread looking at past posts he seems to be pretty well respected on the rovers board for insider knowledge think he is a journo.

Times message board:

"Tired of this stupid 'hire someone who loves the club' mentality. Hire the person who is most likely to have the skills and experience to do the best job, I say. Hughes, or Mourinho (who probably won't come), are best bet I'd say. Great as he was, I'm concerned that Keegan is out of touch with the Premier League today. Hughes has done very well, and would maybe have the energy, experience and charisma to make it happen.

Of-course, it would be great to see Alan involved with the club again, and one day be Manager. It would be nice to see him make a success of a smaller club first though, get some experience under his belt.

The new manager needs to be appointed based logic, not blind faith."

someone on the blackburn board who is supposedly itk reckons both keegan and shearer want the job but dont want to play second fiddle to each other.

guys called nicko if you want to check his thread looking at past posts he seems to be pretty well respected on the rovers board for insider knowledge think he is a journo.

For that very reason - the way both men operate - it's probably a non starter.

Anyone who fancies them should make their preference EITHER / OR -  the double act just wouldn't work.

he also said this

Shearer may well have said to someone in Barbados on Friday that he didn't want the job. That was Friday. He, like everyone else who knew what was going on, heard that Redknapp was getting the job.

Let's check the timeline.

Sky were called - and I now know who from - to get Shearer's name out as 'being interested in the job.' I believe this was mischief on his part.

However the story has moved on since Redknapp said no. Shearer WOULD take the job but needs Ashley to be press-ganged into it and put under pressure by the fans.

Shearer, as you will know by now, has been known to say one thing and do another.

unfinished business? left the club just before it became a plc, returns to the club now it is back in private hands?

the thing about not watching a match in 2 years means in the flesh, not like he's even avoided televised games.

Say what you like about Keegan being finished and being shit with England, but he's never ever failed in club football. Left every club a much better state than he found it.

I might go for a cold shower or something.

I know it's wrong. But it just feels right.  :undecided:

This.

Well I guess now is the best time to do it. We might aswell keep the world laughing just a little bit longer, the sketch is so long maybe everyone will forget which part they are laughing at.

Shearer and Keegan, dear god..

Just a couple of months ago would have been the funniest, most mocked thread to be laughed off the website. Now its actually a viable option.

I know it's wrong. But it just feels right.  :undecided:

I think I'm going mad.

Didn't you say something similar when Pav came back?

Probably. Would have worked too if Kevin Nolan hadn't shoved Ramage in the back and sent everyone into hysterics. ;)

Guest trainer

I think with the backing of  the chairman, Shearer and KK could do a great job. Look at Hughes at Blackburn no previous experience (as a club manager) but hes turned them into a decent side, and although i say this through gritted teeth, Keane has done a great job at Sunderland, winning the championship in your first season in management is no easy feat. So i would say i would much rather Shearer and KK than hughes or another british manager. It sounds like no top foreign manager will touch the job.