The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Guest Ebolarama

Louise Taylor is an opinion piece writer who does it only to generate site hits and reactions. That's all. Who gives a fuck?

The persecution complex some of you have really helps no one.

http://aggbot.com/docs/link.php?id=8969803&r=tw&c=48

More sh*t stirring from the North east's favourite football journalist

Newcastle's manager won a UN commendation for anti-apartheid campaigning but as Carroll waved insouciantly to fans at Doncaster it seemed Hughton had suddenly lost sight of the bigger picture.

After doing brilliantly to keep Newcastle top of the table this season, he now looks weak and it is not impossible that this affair could yet spark a chain of events that may lead to him being replaced by a manager such as Mark Hughes or Steve McClaren next season or the world could blow up or something, it's just really bad.

http://aggbot.com/docs/link.php?id=8969803&r=tw&c=48

More sh*t stirring from the North east's favourite football journalist

Newcastle's manager won a UN commendation for anti-apartheid campaigning but as Carroll waved insouciantly to fans at Doncaster it seemed Hughton had suddenly lost sight of the bigger picture.

After doing brilliantly to keep Newcastle top of the table this season, he now looks weak and it is not impossible that this affair could yet spark a chain of events that may lead to him being replaced by a manager such as Mark Hughes or Steve McClaren next season or the world could blow up or something, it's just really bad.

Just had to look that one up..........'carefree, unconcerned'

It was a wave FFS.

Guest Phil K

Louise Taylor is an opinion piece writer who does it only to generate site hits and reactions. That's all. Who gives a f***?

The persecution complex some of you have really helps no one.

Ignoring spiteful insults isn't noble, nor is it intelligent

There is some truth that the journos do it for reaction, Simon Bird is one such, but what I'd like to ask is - why do we get it so bad ? Some of it is quite simply beyond the pale.

Its a "persecution complex" if you aren't getting attacked for no reason and think you are.

The evidence is in the rags just about every week to varying degrees.

Doesn't it say, in louise's article in the mirror that there has been an e-mail going around that has also been posted on mesageboards and if so hasn't that e-mailbeen posted on this one. Does anyone think she reads this site.

While many journalists kind of enjoy cheap digs at Newcastle, the mackem minger takes it to another level. Even she must realise that her articles come across as nothing other than twisted and vitriolic rants against a football club she so clearly despises.

Well done Chris Hughton and everyone else for keeping this sorry disciplinary episode "in house" - exactly where it should be kept - and in doing so helping to make us look like a slightly more serious football club than the one that loved doing it's dirty washing in public.

as the .com lads refer to her as "that bloody woman" is at it again in her match report

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/29/newcastle-united-nottingham-forest-championship

It was perhaps appropriate that Ameobi replaced Andy Carroll. More than a week after Steven Taylor had his jaw doubly broken in an alleged altercation with Andy Carroll, Newcastle United still refuse to comment on the incident. Considering Taylor has been left feeding through a straw as he recovers from surgery to insert a titanium plate and Carroll sports bandages on both hands such silence is profoundly depressing.

So, too, is Hughton's decision to keep selecting a striker whose current good form seems to have obscured a bigger picture. This whole episode has disappointed Hughton's admirers and left him looking weak.

god i hate her with a passion :angry:

Has anyone else noticed SSN creaming over Man City going 5th in the table after predictable result against Wigan and hardly giving us a mention?

to be expected prem is their lord and saviour there

everyone else can go suck eggs

Guest malandro

Has anyone else noticed SSN creaming over Man City going 5th in the table after predictable result against Wigan and hardly giving us a mention?

Were they creaming over Wolves last season?

I remember last year when they would even show the current scores our even that the fixture existed if Setanta had the game last season, and only mentioned the game the day after it happend. Now it seems like ESPN is another Skysports channel, evening interviewing Keegan today who works for them.

The mackem minger's (that's you Louise) opinion of Chris Hughton

"he now looks weak and it is not impossible that this affair could yet spark a chain of events that may lead to him being replaced by a manager such as Mark Hughes or Steve McClaren next season"

Jose Enrique's opinion of Chris Hughton

"He has had a long career as a coach but this is the first time he has had the opportunity to be the boss and I think he has proved what a good one he is. Before, he was always a number two or number three but now he is in charge 100 per cent and I don’t have to say how good he is because the league table tells you that. For me, my personal opinion is that this is my third season at Newcastle and he is the best manager I have had here.

“I cannot believe how hard he works. He seems to spend 24 hours every day at the club. He is so dedicated to the job and gives his all. He is thinking about the games all the time, watches the videos and is so thorough in his preparations. The players respect him so much. The other managers were famous names, but it is not always about that. He is the man to take charge of us in the Premier League.”

Take your pick - a leading member of the dressing room and arguably our best player, or a bitter Newcastle hating journalist.

"he now looks weak and it is not impossible that this affair could yet spark a chain of events that may lead to him being replaced by a manager such as Mark Hughes or Steve McClaren next season"

"He has had a long career as a coach but this is the first time he has had the opportunity to be the boss and I think he has proved what a good one he is. Before, he was always a number two or number three but now he is in charge 100 per cent and I don’t have to say how good he is because the league table tells you that. For me, my personal opinion is that this is my third season at Newcastle and he is the best manager I have had here.

“I cannot believe how hard he works. He seems to spend 24 hours every day at the club. He is so dedicated to the job and gives his all. He is thinking about the games all the time, watches the videos and is so thorough in his preparations. The players respect him so much. The other managers were famous names, but it is not always about that. He is the man to take charge of us in the Premier League.”

Take your pick - a leading member of the dressing room and arguably our best player, or a bitter Newcastle hating journalist.

:clap2:

I remember last year when they would even show the current scores our even that the fixture existed if Setanta had the game last season, and only mentioned the game the day after it happend. Now it seems like ESPN is another Skysports channel, evening interviewing Keegan today who works for them.

I still don't understand this post.

I remember last year when they wouldn't

even show the current scores our even that the fixture existed if Setanta had the game last season, and only mentioned the game the day after it happend. Now it seems like ESPN is another Skysports channel, evening interviewing Keegan today who works for them.

Sky didn't like Setanata and ignored their games last season.  Sky now like ESPN and have pre game interviews etc.

my gaffer email the Gaudian about this going mental at her. What a disgrace she is.

What 'affair' is she talking about, the Carroll thing?

If we replaced Hughton with Hughes or McLaren without giving him a chance, it would be a big mistake IMO.

What 'affair' is she talking about, the Carroll thing?

If we replaced Hughton with Hughes or McLaren without giving him a chance, it would be a big mistake IMO.

yup the carroll thing

Newcastle close in on promotion but will there be a rude awakening?

Chris Hughton has united a divided dressing room but the Magpies won't find their imminent Premier League return easy

Sometimes it really can be better to travel than to arrive. Behind the joy of Monday's anticipated Tyneside promotion party – a point at home to Sheffield United will be enough – lurks the unspoken fear that Newcastle United's surprisingly pleasant journey back to the Premier League could end with a horribly rude awakening.

Much hinges on the answers to the following questions. Will Chris Hughton prove a strong enough manager for the top tier? Will he be replaced this summer? Is Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, likely to renew his efforts to sell the club? If the current regime remain in power, will they supply sufficient investment to avoid another relegation struggle?

Second guessing the Garbo-esque Ashley is a fool's game so, with uncertainty swirling like fog on the Tyne, the only thing Newcastle fans can do is enjoy the moment.

Whether or not Hughton is the right manager for the long haul, the former Spurs coach has, ever so politely, waved two fingers in the direction of those who claimed he could not reunite a once divided dressing room, let alone choreograph a winning formula.

A series of his predecessors have fought, often forlornly, against player power. Where Hughton has been particularly clever is in harnessing it as a promotion catalyst.

Recognising that his dressing room contained some forceful figures, among them Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Steve Harper and Nicky Butt, Newcastle's manager permitted that quartet to form a powerful, unusually influential, "players' committee".

Seconds after the final whistle blew on last Monday's watershed win over Nottingham Forest, Nolan and Hughton stood locked in a fierce embrace. It served as a reminder that an element of dressing-room democracy can be highly effective. The Rafael Benítez model, manager as aloof dictator, is not the only way.

Although Hughton is blandness personified when confronted by reporters, he possesses considerable personal charm and knows how to use it. "When Chris wants something, he gets it," Nolan says.

Newcastle's manager has made tough decisions – in an earlier caretaker incarnation he dropped Michael Owen – but whether his brand of "consensus management" will continue working in the Premier League is anyone's guess. What happens, for example, if Nolan's form dips? That question is considerably more pressing after the alleged altercation between Andy Carroll and Steven Taylor, which has left Taylor nursing a broken jaw. Hughton's refusal to comment on the incident, while continuing to select Carroll, has tripped alarm switches – particularly as Carroll and Nolan share an agent.

Sadly, the episode is clouding what should be a celebration of the former Ireland full-back's coaching, tactical and recruitment acumen. Granted, Newcastle have by far the division's highest wage bill but their manager has still performed wonders in repairing a once infamously leaky defence. The back line have kept 20 Championship clean sheets and have conceded only 30 goals all season, the best record in the division.

Effective as Hughton's training-ground drills have undoubtedly been, Harper also deserves considerable credit for this impressive statistic. The consistently reliable, frequently inspired, goalkeeper – for so long Shay Given's St James' Park understudy – is surely the team's player of the season.

Harper, though, has been pushed surprisingly close by previous underachievers such as José Enrique, Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez.

Hughton has also invested wisely. In January he added to Newcastle's upwardly mobile impetus with the shrewd acquisition of Wayne Routledge, whose pacy incision has been very effective.The not inconsiderable challenge now is to maintain a similar trajectory next season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/apr/03/newcastle-united-close-promotion?

On phone so can't link but the Mackem Minger is at it again!

Newcastle close in on promotion but will there be a rude awakening?Chris Hughton has united a divided dressing room but the Magpies won't find their imminent Premier League return easy

Chris Hughton has performed wonders for Newcastle United this season, but is he the right man to lead them in the Premier League?

Sometimes it really can be better to travel than to arrive. Behind the joy of Monday's anticipated Tyneside promotion party – a point at home to Sheffield United will be enough – lurks the unspoken fear that Newcastle United's surprisingly pleasant journey back to the Premier League could end with a horribly rude awakening.

Much hinges on the answers to the following questions. Will Chris Hughton prove a strong enough manager for the top tier? Will he be replaced this summer? Is Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, likely to renew his efforts to sell the club? If the current regime remain in power, will they supply sufficient investment to avoid another relegation struggle?

Second guessing the Garbo-esque Ashley is a fool's game so, with uncertainty swirling like fog on the Tyne, the only thing Newcastle fans can do is enjoy the moment.

Whether or not Hughton is the right manager for the long haul, the former Spurs coach has, ever so politely, waved two fingers in the direction of those who claimed he could not reunite a once divided dressing room, let alone choreograph a winning formula.

A series of his predecessors have fought, often forlornly, against player power. Where Hughton has been particularly clever is in harnessing it as a promotion catalyst.

Recognising that his dressing room contained some forceful figures, among them Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Steve Harper and Nicky Butt, Newcastle's manager permitted that quartet to form a powerful, unusually influential, "players' committee".

Seconds after the final whistle blew on last Monday's watershed win over Nottingham Forest, Nolan and Hughton stood locked in a fierce embrace. It served as a reminder that an element of dressing-room democracy can be highly effective. The Rafael Benítez model, manager as aloof dictator, is not the only way.

Although Hughton is blandness personified when confronted by reporters, he possesses considerable personal charm and knows how to use it. "When Chris wants something, he gets it," Nolan says.

Newcastle's manager has made tough decisions – in an earlier caretaker incarnation he dropped Michael Owen – but whether his brand of "consensus management" will continue working in the Premier League is anyone's guess. What happens, for example, if Nolan's form dips? That question is considerably more pressing after the alleged altercation between Andy Carroll and Steven Taylor, which has left Taylor nursing a broken jaw. Hughton's refusal to comment on the incident, while continuing to select Carroll, has tripped alarm switches – particularly as Carroll and Nolan share an agent.

Sadly, the episode is clouding what should be a celebration of the former Ireland full-back's coaching, tactical and recruitment acumen. Granted, Newcastle have by far the division's highest wage bill but their manager has still performed wonders in repairing a once infamously leaky defence. The back line have kept 20 Championship clean sheets and have conceded only 30 goals all season, the best record in the division.

Effective as Hughton's training-ground drills have undoubtedly been, Harper also deserves considerable credit for this impressive statistic. The consistently reliable, frequently inspired, goalkeeper – for so long Shay Given's St James' Park understudy – is surely the team's player of the season.

Harper, though, has been pushed surprisingly close by previous underachievers such as José Enrique, Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez.

Hughton has also invested wisely. In January he added to Newcastle's upwardly mobile impetus with the shrewd acquisition of Wayne Routledge, whose pacy incision has been very effective.The not inconsiderable challenge now is to maintain a similar trajectory next season.

The Managers' verdict

Jim Gannon "In the first half we produced some of the best football since I have been at the club. We deserved to come in ahead at the interval and I think we proved that a bottom team can compete with a top side on any given day."

Chris Hughton "We are so very close and hopefully we can finish the job off in front of our own fans at St James' Park on Monday. That would be an excellent reward for the supporters who have backed us so fantastically all season."

The Fan's Verdict

Was it a good match? I predicted that we'd lose 0-5 so to only lose 2-3 was quite a result. In fairness to Newcastle they were a little lucky to win. The first two goals came about through bad refereeing decisions and then right at the end we had a clear penalty appeal turned down which would have made it 3-3. Newcastle were quite a dirty, niggly team and the officials failed to control the game. Who played well/who had a nightmare? I've bashed Liam Dickinson before so I'll have to give him some credit today. Lee Frecklington had one of his best games for us. We're short of players so everybody had to raise their game. Jack Thorpe, LondonRoad.net

To take part in the Fans' Verdict, email [email protected]