The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Anyone who has virgin media broadband can read this fir the ninth place spot of top ten most hated football teams.

"Massive club" and "loyal fans" - the "Geordie Nation" has won nothing since Elvis was a teenager, and most of their fans were mysteriously absent from the paltry 11,000 that used to turn out in Division 2 in 1991. See also: Bowyer/Dyer/Bellamy/Bramble/Shearer all in one team, and fat fans with no shirts who weep on cue for the TV.

Arseholes

Anyone who has virgin media broadband can read this fir the ninth place spot of top ten most hated football teams.

"Massive club" and "loyal fans" - the "Geordie Nation" has won nothing since Elvis was a teenager, and most of their fans were mysteriously absent from the paltry 11,000 that used to turn out in Division 2 in 1991. See also: Bowyer/Dyer/Bellamy/Bramble/Shearer all in one team, and fat fans with no shirts who weep on cue for the TV.

Arseholes

bunch of tossers.

can we trace it back to the stevenage incident for all this bile?

Yesterday Sky Sports ran a headline along it's news bar that Mike Ashley's company's earnings were down.

What could they be trying to say ?

Given that people involved with football clubs probably own hundreds of businesses outside of football, can we now expect Sky Sports to be bringing us earnings reports for all such companies ?

Arseholes

Fucking wankers

Guest Heneage

Heard Martin Samuels on the World Soccer Daily Podcast, he spouted more shit about us, as the presenters licked his arsehole clean.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/28/newcastleunited.doncaster

Keegan: We might not have the best squad but we can be the fittest

Louise Taylor at Keepmoat Stadium

The Guardian, Monday July 28 2008

Kevin Keegan was back in his home town on Saturday and spent much of the afternoon renewing old acquaintances. "I've met a school friend I used to walk home with," enthused Newcastle United's manager after a 1-0 friendly defeat by Doncaster. "I didn't recognise him at first."

Keegan may look a youthful 57-year-old but time has changed him too. The 1990s idealist has morphed into a hard-headed pragmatist more inclined towards surprisingly earnest analysis of defensive tactics and sports science than passionate discourses on "entertainment".

With money tight on Tyneside, Newcastle's manager is hoping to compensate for a slim, shallow squad by creating possibly the Premier League's fittest team. Moreover he intends to spend the majority of whatever cash is available on defenders and has resolved to offer Joey Barton yet another chance when the midfielder is released from prison after serving time for assault next month.

"People have opinions and you must respect that," said Keegan. "But mine is to give him another chance and back him. There are a lot of things he needs to put right but I think he can do it. He's served his sentence, he's been punished. As long as he does things right and starts to rebuild the confidence of the people around him, I'll stand by him."

Although Keegan's enduring optimism is manifested by his belief that Michael Owen will shortly agree a new contract, he now seems to acknowledge that defence is the best form of attack. Accordingly Newcastle have made bids or inquiries for at least five defenders, including Arsenal's Philippe Senderos, Deportivo La Coruña's Fabricio Coloccini, Internazionale's Nicolás Burdisso, Blackburn's Stephen Warnock and Liverpool's Emiliano Insúa.

Although Real Madrid's Julio Baptista remains on his radar, Keegan is not exactly banking on the arrival of the sort of attacking creator Newcastle crave and accepts that perspiration may prove as important as inspiration this season.

"We might not have the biggest or best squad but we can be the fittest," he said. Keegan has duly hired a new conditioning expert, Mark Hulse, and, uncharacteristically, rationed pre-season ballwork.

"This pre-season is right up there with the hardest that players have ever done," revealed Alan Smith. "But we're light on numbers so we have to be as physically fit as possible.

"We haven't done that much with the ball, we've not done a lot of football work - which you could probably tell - but the gaffer's emphasised that, with the size of our squad, we need to be athletes."

Smith remains concerned about a lack of cover beneath the veneer of a strong first XI. "That's our biggest worry," he agreed. "We've got quality but, more and more at this level, football's a squad game."

Saturday's absentees included the bereaved Obafemi Martins and convalescent Owen, who is making a slow recovery from mumps and may miss the team's trip to Mallorca this week.

Owen has made it clear that he is frustrated by Newcastle's persistent stalling over contract extension negotiations but Keegan insists he anticipates a speedy resolution. Indeed he expects his captain, whose current agreement expires next June, to sign a new deal in the "next two or three weeks".

This could involve Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, compromising his demand that Owen accepts a wage cut but Keegan stressed. "I know Michael wants to stay and I know we want to keep him."

The same goes for Barton. "People have opinions and you must respect that," said Keegan. "But mine is to give him another chance and back him. There are a lot of things he needs to put right but I think he can do it. He's served his sentence, he's been punished. As long as he does things right and starts to rebuild the confidence of the people around him, I'll stand by him."

That's mackem journalism for you I suppose.  Repeats the same quotation in a 1 page article.  It is simply incredible that these people get paid for this standard of work.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/28/newcastleunited.doncaster

Keegan: We might not have the best squad but we can be the fittest

Louise Taylor at Keepmoat Stadium

The Guardian, Monday July 28 2008

Kevin Keegan was back in his home town on Saturday and spent much of the afternoon renewing old acquaintances. "I've met a school friend I used to walk home with," enthused Newcastle United's manager after a 1-0 friendly defeat by Doncaster. "I didn't recognise him at first."

Keegan may look a youthful 57-year-old but time has changed him too. The 1990s idealist has morphed into a hard-headed pragmatist more inclined towards surprisingly earnest analysis of defensive tactics and sports science than passionate discourses on "entertainment".

With money tight on Tyneside, Newcastle's manager is hoping to compensate for a slim, shallow squad by creating possibly the Premier League's fittest team. Moreover he intends to spend the majority of whatever cash is available on defenders and has resolved to offer Joey Barton yet another chance when the midfielder is released from prison after serving time for assault next month.

"People have opinions and you must respect that," said Keegan. "But mine is to give him another chance and back him. There are a lot of things he needs to put right but I think he can do it. He's served his sentence, he's been punished. As long as he does things right and starts to rebuild the confidence of the people around him, I'll stand by him."

Although Keegan's enduring optimism is manifested by his belief that Michael Owen will shortly agree a new contract, he now seems to acknowledge that defence is the best form of attack. Accordingly Newcastle have made bids or inquiries for at least five defenders, including Arsenal's Philippe Senderos, Deportivo La Coruña's Fabricio Coloccini, Internazionale's Nicolás Burdisso, Blackburn's Stephen Warnock and Liverpool's Emiliano Insúa.

Although Real Madrid's Julio Baptista remains on his radar, Keegan is not exactly banking on the arrival of the sort of attacking creator Newcastle crave and accepts that perspiration may prove as important as inspiration this season.

"We might not have the biggest or best squad but we can be the fittest," he said. Keegan has duly hired a new conditioning expert, Mark Hulse, and, uncharacteristically, rationed pre-season ballwork.

"This pre-season is right up there with the hardest that players have ever done," revealed Alan Smith. "But we're light on numbers so we have to be as physically fit as possible.

"We haven't done that much with the ball, we've not done a lot of football work - which you could probably tell - but the gaffer's emphasised that, with the size of our squad, we need to be athletes."

Smith remains concerned about a lack of cover beneath the veneer of a strong first XI. "That's our biggest worry," he agreed. "We've got quality but, more and more at this level, football's a squad game."

Saturday's absentees included the bereaved Obafemi Martins and convalescent Owen, who is making a slow recovery from mumps and may miss the team's trip to Mallorca this week.

Owen has made it clear that he is frustrated by Newcastle's persistent stalling over contract extension negotiations but Keegan insists he anticipates a speedy resolution. Indeed he expects his captain, whose current agreement expires next June, to sign a new deal in the "next two or three weeks".

This could involve Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, compromising his demand that Owen accepts a wage cut but Keegan stressed. "I know Michael wants to stay and I know we want to keep him."

The same goes for Barton. "People have opinions and you must respect that," said Keegan. "But mine is to give him another chance and back him. There are a lot of things he needs to put right but I think he can do it. He's served his sentence, he's been punished. As long as he does things right and starts to rebuild the confidence of the people around him, I'll stand by him."

That's mackem journalism for you I suppose.  Repeats the same quotation in a 1 page article.  It is simply incredible that these people get paid for this standard of work.

Total slag.

Wonder what spin she'll put on Roy's interest in the "hockler".

Barton: Given the boot by Nike

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has had a lucrative sponsorship deal terminated following his spell in prison.

Barton was convicted for assault and affray in May before being released earlier this week after serving 74 days of a six-month sentence.

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan pledged to give Barton a second chance over the weekend and club officials confirmed on Tuesday that he would be staying at St James' Park.

However, sportswear giant Nike ended their £40,000 annual boot sponsorship deal with the player back in May and they will not be giving him another opportunity.

A spokesman said: "We have provision in all our sponsorship contracts that take into account any actions by an athlete that bring the brand into disrepute.

"While Joey is a talented footballer, we cannot condone or accept what he did.

"Back in May when he was found guilty, we immediately terminated his contract.

"We certainly have no plans to re-sign him now that he has been released."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3885934,00.html

Now while i completely understand that this kind of saga is going to attract bad press the statement seems to sound like Nike have been approched about it, the headlines make out that its just happened but in truth it happened in May and Sky have went looking for it.

Would that have happens for many other clubs ???? personally i dont think so.

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's Nike pushing the news in order to receive a bit of attention and credit, to be fair.

That's exactly what I thought it was.  Nike getting some free PR on the back of Joey's release.

Barton: Given the boot by Nike

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has had a lucrative sponsorship deal terminated following his spell in prison.

Barton was convicted for assault and affray in May before being released earlier this week after serving 74 days of a six-month sentence.

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan pledged to give Barton a second chance over the weekend and club officials confirmed on Tuesday that he would be staying at St James' Park.

However, sportswear giant Nike ended their £40,000 annual boot sponsorship deal with the player back in May and they will not be giving him another opportunity.

A spokesman said: "We have provision in all our sponsorship contracts that take into account any actions by an athlete that bring the brand into disrepute.

"While Joey is a talented footballer, we cannot condone or accept what he did.

"Back in May when he was found guilty, we immediately terminated his contract.

"We certainly have no plans to re-sign him now that he has been released."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3885934,00.html

Now while i completely understand that this kind of saga is going to attract bad press the statement seems to sound like Nike have been approched about it, the headlines make out that its just happened but in truth it happened in May and Sky have went looking for it.

Would that have happens for many other clubs ???? personally i dont think so.

think it would have happened to all bar the biggest stars.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Memories-of-Marcelino--Mallorca.4349929.jp

Sir Bobby Robson didn't make too many mistakes in the transfer market, but Marcelino - signed by Newcastle United for £5m in the summer of 1999 - was one of them.

No hatred, just more top quality journalism from Miles Starforth. :jesuswept:

WTF?! Didnt Guliit sign him?! is that what you mean by top quality!?

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Memories-of-Marcelino--Mallorca.4349929.jp

Sir Bobby Robson didn't make too many mistakes in the transfer market, but Marcelino - signed by Newcastle United for £5m in the summer of 1999 - was one of them.

No hatred, just more top quality journalism from Miles Starforth. :jesuswept:

WTF?! Didnt Guliit sign him?! is that what you mean by top quality!?

Aye. Canny basic stuff for a local "journalist".