The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Unprofessional in the extreme I'm afraid. At first it may seem as a "go on Joe, get in!" moment but really, it's an utter embarassment.

I disagree, obviously they will try to portray it like you said - but he is just saying what most fans think about the press.

He is also using his short contract to his advantage, knowing he has no need to build a long term relationship with the media, as well as creating a siege mentality that will serve us well.

Unprofessional in the extreme I'm afraid. At first it may seem as a "go on Joe, get in!" moment but really, it's an utter embarassment.

Totally disagree.

Not the way to conduct normal business/press conferences but the way the sub-primes have been reporting on Newcastle for years now is anything but normal.

He had every right to give them it back, and I admire his straightness and honesty, something those to whom it was directed do not have. He merely fought his corner rather than lie back and accept it.

Good on yer Joe, theres a few more for you to sort out as well.

Wish Keegan had done the same but it's not really his style.

Wow, after reading JFK's swear-fest press conference, I'm even more embarrassed he's at the club. How depressingly childish.

I simply don't care. We've got far, far more important things to worry about.

You go and be embarrassed by a few swear words, I'll be biting my teeth over our performances on the pitch and over who will take over ownership of the club.

Wow, after reading JFK's swear-fest press conference, I'm even more embarrassed he's at the club. How depressingly childish.

I simply don't care. We've got far, far more important things to worry about.

You go and be embarrassed by a few swear words, I'll be biting my teeth over our performances on the pitch and over who will take over ownership of the club.

Exactly. My only concern is how it affects the players, and I expect them to come out all guns blazing on Sunday if they've got anything about them. The nice and polite approach didn't get much for Chris Hughton did it.

Guest johnson293

Just been up into town (Newcastle) at lunchtime, and saw David Craig (SSN) trying to get people to talk to him on camera at Greys Monument.

Not many willing to speak to him.

No doubt he'll be back later when the schools get out!

Guest Darth Toon

Maybe this is giving Joe too much credit, but this could be a cleverly planned tactic on his part - helps create the siege mentality he's looking for and deflects attention away from the struggling players and firmly onto himself - it's a tactic Mourinho uses all the time (without all the swears mind!)

"Unprofessional"?   Do you want to comment on Cahill effectively getting sent off for disrespecting the ref? 

"An utter embarassment"?   How about Tim Howard saying getting through against Standard Liege would be "simple"?

Maybe this is giving Joe too much credit, but this could be a cleverly planned tactic on his part - helps create the siege mentality he's looking for and deflects attention away from the struggling players and firmly onto himself - it's a tactic Mourinho uses all the time (without all the swears mind!)

I wrote pretty much the same thing in another thread, there is a lot more to what he said than would appear at first glance. Remember he'll have known about this press conference, his first pre match, well before and has planned what he'll say. I think we have to learn that the these days it's not about what you say to the press but the meaning behind it. I think JK has used this conference to get fans and players behind him and create that siege mentality you spoke of. Although it would not at first glance appear to be so with all the swearing but it's an extremely clever tactic and exactly the right thing to do in his situation.

The only thing embarassing and childish is the fucking press. Its about time someone in a position to do so has stuck up for us. Every morning this twats try and get their fucking pound of flesh "they think they're special but they aren't" "sleeping giant, not likely" "get what they deserve". They are basically like vultures waiting for us to fail and for him to fail. In his position what the fuck would you do with these scum. Its the fucking mirror man, they are one of the biggest bunch of cunts around, and people are like "oh how embarassing he swore at them". I wish he'd gone one further. People who think this is embarassing are tits, getting shite written about is every morning and all my spurs mates fucking pissing their pants. After they have been blatantly homophobic at a match they have a couple of articles written. When people sung songs at Mido, and we were "islamaphobic" people literally shat. For weeks they were writing about us thick cunts up here. They are the biggest bunch of twats and death is too fucking good for them. Go the fuck on Joe!

The only thing embarassing and childish is the f***ing press. Its about time someone in a position to do so has stuck up for us. Every morning this twats try and get their f***ing pound of flesh "they think they're special but they aren't" "sleeping giant, not likely" "get what they deserve". They are basically like vultures waiting for us to fail and for him to fail. In his position what the f*** would you do with these scum. Its the f***ing mirror man, they are one of the biggest bunch of c***s around, and people are like "oh how embarassing he swore at them". I wish he'd gone one further. People who think this is embarassing are tits, getting s**** written about is every morning and all my spurs mates f***ing pissing their pants. After they have been blatantly homophobic at a match they have a couple of articles written. When people sung songs at Mido, and we were "islamaphobic" people literally shat. For weeks they were writing about us thick c***s up here. They are the biggest bunch of twats and death is too f***ing good for them. Go the f*** on Joe!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

The only thing embarassing and childish is the f***ing press. Its about time someone in a position to do so has stuck up for us. Every morning this twats try and get their f***ing pound of flesh "they think they're special but they aren't" "sleeping giant, not likely" "get what they deserve". They are basically like vultures waiting for us to fail and for him to fail. In his position what the f*** would you do with these scum. Its the f***ing mirror man, they are one of the biggest bunch of c***s around, and people are like "oh how embarassing he swore at them". I wish he'd gone one further. People who think this is embarassing are tits, getting s**** written about is every morning and all my spurs mates f***ing pissing their pants. After they have been blatantly homophobic at a match they have a couple of articles written. When people sung songs at Mido, and we were "islamaphobic" people literally shat. For weeks they were writing about us thick c***s up here. They are the biggest bunch of twats and death is too f***ing good for them. Go the f*** on Joe!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:thup:

Guest Darth Toon

It's piss funny listening to the journos squirm like schoolboys being told off by a particularly foul-mouthed teacher:

"You sonny, did you write that the players didn't turn up for my first training session?"

"No sir, wasn't me, honest"

"Fuck off, you lying cunt"

I hope you're not implying that I'm supporting the press.

I'm saying that Kinnear has made a mistake in doing this, and flak is going to increase further upon anything Newcastle do wrong. I'm not saying it would be justified at all. Not being a Newcastle fan I imagine I don't appreciate the plus side of this all, i.e. having a right old go at the media, getting one over the "Southern toffs".

And Edd, did Howard actually say that or was it extreme media manufacturing? And yes, I don't defend Cahill for his disrespect to the ref. I'd like to know however what on earth that's got to do with my opinion of Kinnear's actions.