The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

i do honestly think he'd have relegated us that season. the team had as much confidence in it's own ability as it did in the relegation season, something which was only changed when KK came back to the club, even if it did take him a while to get the team winning

This. It speaks volumes that it took Keegan so long to get a win. Largely because SA had completely demoralised that set of players.

I would have loved to see what KK could have done with a proper owner. The team played VERY well the second half of the season he took over. The football was definitely the best we have been playing for a very long time.

We played very well for a 10 game spell from the end of one season to when he left. Let's not exaggerate.

Still the best football that has been played over the last 4 or 5 years. Even last season the football was very stale at times

Genuine question: why do you think SA was going to lead you to the Championship? Weren't you in mid-table when he left?

the team was playing shit gave 4 points to fucking derby and generally looked clueless of what to do when they had the ball, I only saw it going one way tbh

Genuine question: why do you think SA was going to lead you to the Championship? Weren't you in mid-table when he left?

I didn't think he was taking us down. Still fucking garbage though.

I agree, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team, but I'd say he's good at keeping teams in the PL.

Edit: in which case, Sam, we need you. :weep:

Aye, with 9 points from the previous 12 games.

We drew with Derby at home, lost at Wigan and Reading, and only beat Fulham because of a last minute penalty. We were terrible, and drifting down the table.

Hats off to Neil Custis in this morning's Sun.

'No more patronising talk about expectations of the Toon Army. Because despite what people South of the Tyne might think, nobody at Newcastle believes they have a God given right to success.

Nor do they prefer to lose 4-3 than win 1-0. Neither do  Toon fans wake up sweating at the thought silverware has evaded them for more than 40 years - the Texaco Cup apart of course.

What they want is a club, a team and manager to be proud of - and a good day out.

:thup:

'No more patronising talk about expectations of the Toon Army. Because despite what people South of the Tyne might think, nobody at Newcastle believes they have a God given right to success.

Nor do they prefer to lose 4-3 than win 1-0. Neither do  Toon fans wake up sweating at the thought silverware has evaded them for more than 40 years - the Texaco Cup apart of course.

What they want is a club, a team and manager to be proud of - and a good day out.

Not really too much to ask for is it?  Just a team and a club to be proud of.

Not really too much to ask for is it?  Just a team and a club to be proud of.

An anagram of the reporter's name is cuntilises. Why I'm up at half two in the morning working that out, I don't know.

Word was that he'd lost the dressing room. I think he admitted afterwards that he tried to change too much too soon. The pressure was mounting and the performances weren't improving. It was probably the right decision, at least for that season.

A big problem for him was that he favoured a 4-3-3, and if Michael Owen was Joe Bloggs he probably wouldn't have picked him. As it was, he didn't have the nerve to leave him out and we ended up with a 4-4-2 formation that I don't think Allardyce fully believed in himself.

Word was that he'd lost the dressing room. I think he admitted afterwards that he tried to change too much too soon. The pressure was mounting and the performances weren't improving. It was probably the right decision, at least for that season.

A big problem for him was that he favoured a 4-3-3, and if Michael Owen was Joe Bloggs he probably wouldn't have picked him. As it was, he didn't have the nerve to leave him out and we ended up with a 4-4-2 formation that I don't think Allardyce fully believed in himself.

I was at a quiz they done at Shearers a few years ago, Shearer, Harper, Owen and another was on the teams. Mick Lowes was talking on a microphone and they were taking the piss saying it was like having SA back, referring to him being on the PA whilst training.  I think thats a good example of how the players didn't really believe in the things he was doing .

We drew with Derby at home, lost at Wigan and Reading, and only beat Fulham because of a last minute penalty. We were terrible, and drifting down the table.

i seem to remember a relatively easy start to the season as well and some tougher looking games approaching before he went. god it was awful though, we definitely would have been in amongst relegation if he'd stayed.

The way he minced across the pitch at the start of the second half at Stoke away was a totally demoralising sight and would have started the downward spiral which would lead to certain relegation.

I see the mackum minger has been outed in the latest edition of Private Eye's "Street of Shame" column which exposes Fleet Street hypocricy and malpractice.

It would seem that while Louise enjoys exposing the moral shortcomings of others, her own remain firmly entrenched in a Sunderland gutter.

The article reports that she accepted a "bribe" trip to Qatar paid for in full by the Qataris (business class tickets, 5 star hotel etc,etc) and in return penned a raving, gushing article amounting to little more than an advert, about why FIFA should nominate them as the World Cup host nation .

The Guardian received quite a few complaints about the article which forced them to admit her trip was sponsored by those about whom she wrote so glowingly. 

Anyone remember when the Guardian was a decent paper employing good journalists ?

We played very well for a 10 game spell from the end of one season to when he left. Let's not exaggerate.

The way some people look back on that mini era, they would have you believe we were playing like Barcelona. It was more like  a handful of wins against teams who were heading down or had an eye on their summer holidays.

i seem to remember a relatively easy start to the season as well and some tougher looking games approaching before he went. god it was awful though, we definitely would have been in amongst relegation if he'd stayed.

Dont forget 0-3 down to Portsmouth at home after 10 minutes. If that wasnt a team heading for the trapdoor I dont know what is.

I see the mackum minger has been outed in the latest edition of Private Eye's "Street of Shame" column which exposes Fleet Street hypocricy and malpractice.

It would seem that while Louise enjoys exposing the moral shortcomings of others, her own remain firmly entrenched in a Sunderland gutter.

The article reports that she accepted a "bribe" trip to Qatar paid for in full by the Qataris (business class tickets, 5 star hotel etc,etc) and in return penned a raving, gushing article amounting to little more than an advert, about why FIFA should nominate them as the World Cup host nation .

The Guardian received quite a few complaints about the article which forced them to admit her trip was sponsored by those about whom she wrote so glowingly. 

Anyone remember when the Guardian was a decent paper employing good journalists ?

Added link to said article. Some interesting comments.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/25/world-cup-2022-qatar-fifa