Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

The late 80's and early-to-mid 90's radge of the PL was class to be honest. My family in England talk all the time how much more fun it was then. They actually truly despise Sky and they aren't even close to being football experts.

An absolute travesty that he isn't involved with the club in some capacity.  An inspirational man that truly gives a fuck about the club.  If it weren't for the politics that meant he left the club twice he should have been there for life, whether as manager or DOF or whatever.  Will always be a big regret, not that it's something the fans can control.

You just know he'd come back and work again in some form for the club with the right owners.

Yep, even eluded to it. Football needs romanticism and decisions based on daft emotion and passion. I'd have him back in a heart-beat.

He's our ideal manager, simple as that.  Thought it was daft when we got him back but he soon turned me around.  Guy's an absolute legend.

Cue Cronky popping up saying Keegan's a liability and he prefers Pardew and Wise.

The king - this man is God!

'I think Mike Ashley runs that club from another planet. It is almost as if Mike Ashley has said, 'What is the worst thing I can do? Change St James' Park and call it 'Sports Direct', and so he tried to do it. Incredible.'

No surprise, I don't agree with a lot of what he said, but the big question in my mind is - Did he think that doing that interview just before today's crucial game was going to help the situation?

No surprise, I don't agree with a lot of what he said, but the big question in my mind is - Did he think that doing that interview just before today's crucial game was going to help the situation?

I actually think it will help as far as he's concerned.

By the time the new season has rolled around this mess will have been forgotten.

It's hardly going to make it worse. Fuckwit.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of us. Whoever buys us in the future, speak to this man and listen to what he has to say and then act on it, guaranteed result in terms of a United NUFC.

Kevin Keegan believes that Mike Ashley’s “bullish” interview is a hint that the Newcastle United owner has a new head coach already lined up.

The former Toon boss identified Michael Laudrup as his own personal preferred choice but feels that Ashley’s rare public interview should be encouragement that big changes are around the corner.

Keegan, speaking to beIN sports, said: “I think he’s got somebody lined up as he was quite bullish in the interview. I’ve got a feeling with the way he was talking before the game, he’s already got someone.

“I would put Michael Laudrup top of my list. What that would do is guarantee a certain type of football. What he did at Swansea is something the Newcastle fans want. They want to be entertained.”

And Keegan feels that Ashley can win back over those fans that are against him.

He said: “Ashley has got the money. If someone could just explain to him that if you get this right, everything that’s been against you, it will swing full circle.

“He had people between him and me that he didn’t need. I told him that. That’s why it didn’t work. I know the guy who he’s got running the club - Lee Charnley - and he needs someone else with more experience.”

:spit:

I hadn't even seen this before I slaughtered you in the other thread.  Go somewhere else.  You are shit.

So is that Keegan sort of defending Ashley?

It's been mentioned by a few people that our problems are to do with people surrounding Ashley and not actually Ashley.

Aahley has to put his money where his mouth is, that's something I doubt he will do.

It's a moot point because Ashley distanced himself from any responsibility for day-to-day football matters in his interview today.

It would be a moot point regardless as the guy's never told the truth in his entire life.  Pressure needs to be higher than ever from here on in.

The big question in my mind is whether you're either a WUM or a prick, which is it?

A person who appears to be able to string 2 words together and has followed football since the War that can't stand Keegan but loves Ashley, Pardew et al must be a WUM.  But aye, maybe a prick.  I'm not usually quite this strong about these things but honestly man, fuck off.  Club's dying a death and you're all over it.

It's been mentioned by a few people that our problems are to do with people surrounding Ashley and not actually Ashley.

Aahley has to put his money where his mouth is, that's something I doubt he will do.

It's Keegan outlining why he feels his second stint didn't work out. Ashley wouldn't spend his money, and Keegan didn't have the free access to the owner that he had under Sir John Hall.

Guest The Little Waster

People like Ashley surround themselves with yesmen and cunts on purpose .... They can always be hung out to dry whilst he gets onwith the important business of sweating money out of the club

It's a moot point because Ashley distanced himself from any responsibility for day-to-day football matters in his interview today.

It would be a moot point regardless as the guy's never told the truth in his entire life.  Pressure needs to be higher than ever from here on in.

Ashley is a coward, he distanced himself from the negatives and tried to claim that he was responsible for our financial position when it's others who are responsible for that if he has as little input as he tried to claim.  Yes he's loaned the club money but that isn't the reason we have £millions in the bank.  The reason we have money in the bank is because we haven't spent it, unless he's claiming it on the grounds that he hasn't taken his loans back in full.

It's Keegan outlining why he feels his second stint didn't work out. Ashley wouldn't spend his money, and Keegan didn't have the free access to the owner that he had under Sir John Hall.

He doesn't need to explain why his second stint didn't work out, the tribunal did that when they said he and the fans had been repeatedly lied to, idiot.