Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

I'm not sure if things work like that, you know?

I assume Keegan will have been given a ballpark figure, but he'll mainly just have been told to find the players he wants and who he thinks will come, and then let Mort/Ashley do the rest.

There will be money to spend, but it's daft putting an exact figure on it IMO.

Can see alot of pace being signed. Cant see him being too unhappy with the defence or forwards to be honest, i think they'll be a bit of activity for the centre of midfield maybe.

Wonder what Barton has to say about this appointment?

I would just go for four players.

An immense powerhouse striker

An immense defensive midfielder

An immense pacey right sided attacking midfielder

a ball playing centre half.

Then, I would play:

Given

Beye Faye NewCB Enrique

NewDM

NewAMR N'Zogbia Duff

Owen NewCF

With Martins, Taylor and Milner playing crucial squad roles.

So based on one game Zoggy's now the answer to our center midfield problems?

No thanks. The boy's 20/21, he shouldn't have to take control of our whole attacking game, stick him out on the left where he doesn't have as many defensive duties and we should get a new attacking AM so we have more options in attack.

Then, I would play:

Given

Beye Faye NewCB Enrique

NewDM

NewAMR N'Zogbia Duff

Owen NewCF

No thanks. The boy's 20/21, he shouldn't have to take control of our whole attacking game, stick him out on the left where he doesn't have as many defensive duties and we should get a new attacking AM so we have more options in attack.

I really like N'Zogbia but you're spot on there. Not sure the previous post deserved such a sensible reply however ;)

People here are a bit too excpectant he already liked the midfield yesterday but I am not surrised as there is not Buttt and Smith there I don't think he buy any midfild now but we need a right back a left back and a natural finisher. Thats it no selling of Milner or Duff you will just see wonders with this players.

Then, I would play:

Given

Beye Faye NewCB Enrique

NewDM

NewAMR N'Zogbia Duff

Owen NewCF

To be fair though, would a thorough bred AM midfielder actually provide that much defensive cover? Well, anymore then Zog would? i think he could be quite successful in the centre with a good DM behind him, bit like Speed and Dyer were. I like him in that Centre AM role becaseu he's so direct and draws out defenders in more danderous positions, giving more space for strikers, when he's out on the wing h can be direct but wont open up any space for our strikers.

Then, I would play:

Given

Beye Faye NewCB Enrique

NewDM

NewAMR N'Zogbia Duff

Owen NewCF

What and drop Duff?

Three roaming very attacking midfielders is the way forward if we get the right DM.

Given that the three we've got work very hard defensively as well, this system could and should work without making us predictable or rigid.

Duff's had one good game and he's been injured since he got here. It's not like you only have 11 players in your squad anyway. Does the 3 players you mention include the ones we haven't signed yet btw?

Guest Brazilianbob

I see we are in competition with Villa for Defoe.  If we miss out I wouldn't mind seeing us try to get Luke Moore from Villa.  It seems he has refused to sign a new contract and he was banging the goals in before he got that bad injury last season.  Not a bad shout in my opinion!

I see we are in competition with Villa for Defoe.  If we miss out I wouldn't mind seeing us try to get Luke Moore from Villa.  It seems he has refused to sign a new contract and he was banging the goals in before he got that bad injury last season.  Not a bad shout in my opinion!

Hardly a forward step like. Or have I been whooshed?

Guest The Libertine

im not ITK in the slightest, but somebody told me very vague details about "a deal tomorrow" or at least a credible news source saying we're close to a deal for someone.

liable to be bollocks, of course, so pinch of salt  :shifty:

WHAT YOU FUCKIN LOOKIN AT?  DID YOU CALL ME A FUCKIN QUEER?  I'LL LAY YOU FLAT OUT YOU LITTLE f****** t***, COME ON LET'S f****** HAVE IT!

Haha...and it does feel like its exactly what he would say.

WHAT YOU FUCKIN LOOKIN AT?  DID YOU CALL ME A FUCKIN QUEER?  I'LL LAY YOU FLAT OUT YOU LITTLE FUCKING TWAT, COME ON LET'S FUCKING HAVE IT!

Fuking hell Warren's got a bit bad tempered since leaving here.

We need a midfield play maker,a beardsley if you like.

I'd like to see kev pluck someone off the continent like van der vaat or diego but i have no idea what his knowledge is like at the moment.

Two Dream signings would be...

Berbatov. Possibly more likely now with KK as manager? If he was a Shearer fan he would no doubt know KK and know the type of football we could possibly play.

Carrick. Not a Geordie myself (hence avatar) but would like to see us sign maybe the only non Newcastle contracted Geordie good enough to play for the club?

Both of these would be hugely expensive though. Top clubs want Berbatov and Man United wont want to lose too much of the transfer fee they paid for him. But with their affinity for the club, they may just sign... :crazy2: