Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brummiemag

If Keegan didnt know about or approve this appointment (he certainly sounded like he didnt know about it in the interview I heard earlier on 5 live) then I am really worried about this.  I find it unbelievable and deeply disturbing that they seem to have appointed Wise without the blessing of Keegan. What the hell are they playing at?

What's all this about jpd?

that bloke is one of ashley's informal "advisors" apparently. used to be a coach at rushden before going on to work at charlton. some say along with Jimenez, he is behind bringing Wise to the club and some journalist on a blackburn forum thinks they are having some sort of input into scouting and transfers.

God help us.  :lol:

What do you reckon is actually going on?

What a joke appointment not for the first time questions are raised over Chris Morts involvment in the club

why though? we dont even know what job he has been given, could be tea boy...i still think people would moan even if thats what his role was.

What a joke appointment not for the first time questions are raised over Chris Morts involvment in the club

why though? we dont even know what job he has been given, could be tea boy...i still think people would moan even if thats what his role was.

His role will switch from in the boardroom to coaching the bloke has no experience to do a job like DOF which seems likely and the fact KK had no idea about it makes it worse.

As i said earlier i would support him in a coaching role

If Keegan didnt know about or approve this appointment (he certainly sounded like he didnt know about it in the interview I heard earlier on 5 live) then I am really worried about this.  I find it unbelievable and deeply disturbing that they seem to have appointed Wise without the blessing of Keegan. What the hell are they playing at?

Keegan knew they were looking to bring in people like Wise before he took the managers job, there will be a few more coming in in the near future.

I don't know why people are jumping to the conclusion that KK didn't know. David Craig on SSN said that Gary Oliver told him KK did know and approve of the appointment. Could have been lying like but why?

Fair enough if that is the case

i was told otherwise

see were keeping David Craig busy again

Keegan's been out of the game for three years. Either he has to rely on others to help him build the backroom staff or he brings in all the old boys. Either way the whingers would be queueing up.

I don't know why people are jumping to the conclusion that KK didn't know. David Craig on SSN said that Gary Oliver told him KK did know and approve of the appointment. Could have been lying like but why?

i was told otherwise

By who?

Someone more reliable than Gary Oliver, the bloke who releases official statements for the club?

If he didnt know, KK would have already been on the A69 heading back towards Glasgow.

i was told otherwise

By who?

Someone more reliable than Gary Oliver, the bloke who releases official statements for the club?

People on here who saw the interview

sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread or i've missed somethin, but;

was this job advertised and Wise succesfully apply for it? or,

has it been stated that Mort and Ashley approached Wise directly for this job?

if it was an advertised job and Wise applied for it, why would Keegan know about the appointment?

I think I saw it in last Thursday's Chronicle.

News Post Leader tbh.

i was told otherwise

By who?

When questioned by reporters as to the arrival of Dennis Wise, Keegan replied "I didn't know about this appointment. I'm shocked as to why he's being brought in as I hate defences and he loves them"

What's all this about jpd?

that bloke is one of ashley's informal "advisors" apparently. used to be a coach at rushden before going on to work at charlton. some say along with Jimenez, he is behind bringing Wise to the club and some journalist on a blackburn forum thinks they are having some sort of input into scouting and transfers.

God help us.  :lol:

What do you reckon is actually going on?

he was also a scout at real madrid

i was told otherwise

By who?

When questioned by reporters as to the arrival of Dennis Wise, Keegan replied "I didn't know about this appointment. I'm shocked as to why he's being brought in as I hate defences and he loves them"

:frantic: :lol:

Guest Guinness

I don't understand this appointment. I could understand it if he was coming in as a coach, but he doesn't have any of the attributes to be a DOF. Not to mention the fact he's a twat. Hopefully I'm proved wrong...

I am struggling to understand how anybody can be either for or against this appointment as we don't know what his role or responsibilities will be within the framework of the club

Let's all chill until the club releases some more revealing info

Groovy man

Jeff Vetere:

JEFF'S IN NO RUSH TO MAKE HIS MOVE

The FA CUP e-on VIEW FROM THE BOTTOM

Andy Burgess 28/01/2008

Not many - in fact none - of my youth team colleagues went on to bigger and better things after Rushden.

And there are only three of us playing football on a full-time basis.

However, our manager from that time, Jeff Vetere, has gone from strength to strength.

And he is now being linked with a move to the Premier League, but has to decide whether to swap Real Madrid for Kevin Keegan's Newcastle revolution.

Advertisement

Jeff was at Rushden for three years as youth team manager before an opportunity came up to go and work with Alan Curbishley at Charlton, which he took.

I'm not surprised he's ended up at Real Madrid because the guy is a walking encyclopedia of footballing knowledge.

Mention the name of any footballer in the world and he will tell you who he has played for, how many goals he has scored and even what size boots he wears! Good luck to him in the future.

On the subject of moving clubs, I have being reading Stuart Fleetwood's comments regarding his proposed switch to Crewe, which he has turned down.

And I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by what he had to say. Striker Fleetwood has come out and said: "I feel I owe Forest Green a bit more because they took a gamble on me."

So fair play to the lad, it would have been easy to walk away at the first possible opportunity.

But he has stayed and proved that loyalty does still exist in football.

Either that, or someone has had a word in his ear and told him to sit tight until the end of the season, but I'm sure that is not the case.

Looks like a good advisor.  :thup:

I am struggling to understand how anybody can be either for or against this appointment as we don't know what his role or responsibilities will be within the framework of the club

Let's all chill until the club releases some more revealing info

Groovy man

As ever, people being employed by this club are being judged prematurely

Jeff Vetere:

Andy Burgess 28/01/2008

Not many - in fact none - of my youth team colleagues went on to bigger and better things after Rushden.

However, our manager from that time, Jeff Vetere, has gone from strength to strength.

And he is now being linked with a move to the Premier League, but has to decide whether to swap Real Madrid for Kevin Keegan's Newcastle revolution.

Advertisement

Jeff was at Rushden for three years as youth team manager before an opportunity came up to go and work with Alan Curbishley at Charlton, which he took.

I'm not surprised he's ended up at Real Madrid because the guy is a walking encyclopedia of footballing knowledge.

Mention the name of any footballer in the world and he will tell you who he has played for, how many goals he has scored and even what size boots he wears! Good luck to him in the future.

On the subject of moving clubs, I have being reading Stuart Fleetwood's comments regarding his proposed switch to Crewe, which he has turned down.

And I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by what he had to say. Striker Fleetwood has come out and said: "I feel I owe Forest Green a bit more because they took a gamble on me."

So fair play to the lad, it would have been easy to walk away at the first possible opportunity.

Either that, or someone has had a word in his ear and told him to sit tight until the end of the season, but I'm sure that is not the case.

But he's not foreign. *Grumble grumble, wah wah, boo hoo*. (Not aimed at you)

Sounds foreign like, and some idiots might just assume he is, so this could be win-win.

Jeff Vetere:

Andy Burgess 28/01/2008

Advertisement

Good find, Parky. O0