Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pointing out what he has done with leeds is a bit pointless if he is coming in as DOF, two totally different roles. what experience does he have in a DOF role, is he up to date with latest methods and techniques in youth coaching and recruitment, is he familiar with latest fitness methodology ie from ac milan or US grid-iron, does he have a good list of contacts, does he know top scouts & coaches in all corners of the globe, has he expertise in running a club's off-pitch infastructure, does he have a dossier of all the best young talent in the world from bolivia to bosnia, has he shown an ability to network with disparate clubs and academies round the world, is he multi-lingual, have good knowledge of developing football nations like those in africa? those are the kind of things that are relevant to a DOF role and i don't see how Wise fits the criteria even slightly. if we're going down the DOF route then we should be bringing in the best in the business, Comolli at Spurs, Houllier with FFF, Monchi at Sevilla, Beiersdorfer at Hamburg etc. people who have a proven track record in that particular role.

if he is coming in as an assistant manager than his success with leeds is relevant as he'll have input into coaching, team selection and man management so from that point of view he wouldn't be a bad choice. though even what is effective at League One level isn't neccessarily going to work when it comes to top flight footie.

as for Wise the person, i couldn't care less what he's like as long as he is good enough.

allardyce ticks nearly all the boxes there

he definitely knows his stuff when it comes to fitness and latest off-the-pitch methods (and i think given time here he would've benefitted from that approach but it's not something that will show effectiveness right away). but i don't think he fits the criteria when it comes to scouting young talent. he seemed far too dogmatic in looking for new players - ie rarely if ever deviating from the formula of bringing in strong, tall, beefy players who are usually old and experienced and work very hard but probably not fantastically fast or talented.

Keegan is also expected to name his No 2 in the near future, with Tony Adams and former United defender Stuart Pearce both in the frame.

Holy fucking shit.

Again, i would have absolutely no problem with that.

Keegan is also expected to name his No 2 in the near future, with Tony Adams and former United defender Stuart Pearce both in the frame.

Holy fucking shit.

Might be better just to log off for the day I can't take anymore.  :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=509278&in_page_id=1779

Dennis Wise has emerged as a shock candidate to join Kevin Keegan in Mike Ashley's Newcastle revolution.

The Leeds manager is the leading contender to become director of football in a Europeanstyle management structure, working with Keegan on the recruitment of players and having authority over every aspect of the football side of the club except the first team.

could this happen?

:lol: If that happens I'll shit in your bed

Just thought I'd quote and preserve these two posts in case anyone tries to delete them :lol:

Holy fucking shit.

them two weren't too bad at Man City, were they? the fact he's under-21 manager and knows all about england at youth level can't be a bad thing either...

Holy f****** s***.

Again, i would have absolutely no problem with that.

Me neither.

Lets just take up golf and come back next season!

Guest Brazilianbob

KK has admitted he is tactically wanting, and Wise has clearly done a cracking job at Leeds which indicates a certain amount of tactical nous.  Perhaps KK sees him as a tactical adviser for the first team and is effectively building a "boot room" similar to the liverpool of old.  It may be that there is also a place in the "boot room" for Shearer.

Guest elbee909

Wise, Adams and Pearce on the staff, no mention of any DOF!!

All three will improve what we have, go for it!!

We will however need a bigger fucking dugout!! :lol:

It's just a load of jobs for those he managed while he had the England job.  Dalglish all over again.

From the Leeds forum:

'News from an alternate source is that this is 99% done deal, with Keegan not happy at all. App Wise is linked to owner Ashley in some way or form, but this deal will happen.'

That had better be utter shit.

Fail to see what would be wrong with Pearce. He'd be number two, not the manager ffs. I seem to remember a certain umbrella holding Mike Baldwin look-a-like being alongside Ferguson for a good long while and before him Brian Kidd wasn't exactly Brian Clough when he went to Blackburn either.

Calm down with the hysteria.

From the Leeds forum:

'News from an alternate source is that this is 99% done deal, with Keegan not happy at all. App Wise is linked to owner Ashley in some way or form, but this deal will happen.'

That had better be utter shit.

Perhaps the 'rumour' that he was behind the Smith purchase is also true god forbid.

I really can't see MA trying to piss KK off mind.

Get some foreign influence in already. What is this ridiculous insistence on having a British manager/backroom?

looking at how ashley runs his business he seems to favour blokes he knows and has worked with before, usually old fashioned types who have worked their way up from the bottom like him, rather than outsider fancy pants with their new fangled approaches. he did appoint an outsider to the Sports Direct board recently but he quit, citing the fact he couldnt work with ashley and co. this unique approach hasn't done him too badly at all but not sure the same will always work in football.