Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suprised people are so against wise coming. seems like a good young coach. obviously The likes sir les, rob lee or speed would be welcomed with open arms into any role. not to mention do a much better job because they pulled on a black and white shirt.

Very very weird but i dreamt last night that Wise was going to come in replace Keegan after he had a terrible start as manager. What followed was Wise doing crap and then Mort and Ashley giving up on the club. After the fans got really angry by this Ashley gave the club a £100million parting gift and thats when the dream ended. Very random I thought until I put teletext on early! :S

Very very weird but i dreamt last night that Wise was going to come in replace Keegan after he had a terrible start as manager. What followed was Wise doing crap and then Mort and Ashley giving up on the club. After the fans got really angry by this Ashley gave the club a £100million parting gift and thats when the dream ended. Very random I thought until I put teletext on early! :S

Of course you did.

I would ask what the hell is going on up there but I don't think you guys know either - this is as off the wall and batshit crazy as Howard Wilkinson getting the mackem job.  :idiot2:

SSN confirm he is coming, compensation package agreed with Leeds...

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1226951,00.html

We have agreed a compensation package with Newcastle United for the services of our manager Dennis Wise and he will part company with the club on Tuesday January 29 after completing the preparations for our game at Southend United that evening.

Newcastle had approached us for permission to speak with Dennis on Friday and since then things have happened very quickly.

We will always be grateful to Dennis for the way he has turned things around at the club on the playing side and he goes with our best wishes for the future.

We are not prepared to comment on the inevitable speculation that will now follow about who will replace Dennis. That is not the way we do our business at this club.

Is it me or are most people missing the point here? The way i see it the potential appointment of Wise has nothing to do with his coaching ability or management style, the way i read it he's gonna be the buffer between Keegan and the board, he'll be the one in the background building the club and looking at getting signings, leaving Keegan with coaching the club and sorting out match day. Nothing more nothing less.

How can anyone comment aboutt his being a bad or good appointment with no precedent of Wise beinga failure in this position is beyond me, maybe Keegan is very good friends with Wise, maybe wise has a lot of contacts through his Chelsea days which Keegan would like to tap into.

As long as this is Keegans appointment, then what exactly are people worrying about?

Is it DOF or no2?

I hopes its No2 tbh, would be a great appointment, as DOF i'm not sure due to the role, but hold no judgement on him, one things for sure, he knows his football and he done well as a manager so far.

Guest icemanblue

Is it me or are most people missing the point here? The way i see it the potential appointment of Wise has nothing to do with his coaching ability or management style, the way i read it he's gonna be the buffer between Keegan and the board, he'll be the one in the background building the club and looking at getting signings, leaving Keegan with coaching the club and sorting out match day. Nothing more nothing less.

How can anyone comment aboutt his being a bad or good appointment with no precedent of Wise beinga failure in this position is beyond me, maybe Keegan is very good friends with Wise, maybe wise has a lot of contacts through his Chelsea days which Keegan would like to tap into.

As long as this is Keegans appointment, then what exactly are people worrying about?

Fuck me with a cock!

Common sense on this forum, whatever next.

KK knows nothing of the appointment. He said you will have to ask Mort, Im pretty sure thats what i just heard on Setanta

Fucking hope not...

I may be wrong but it had KK giving his interview saying "other managers had 5 weeks to prepare for transfers but he came in at a time where he had 2 weeks and that Woody had already gave his word to another team" it then went back to the presenters and they said "one person who could be going is Wise" then it had KK back on saying "I know nothing about this, you will have to speak to Chris Mort"

KK knows nothing of the appointment. He said you will have to ask Mort, Im pretty sure thats what i just heard on Setanta

Can't be right, SHIRLEY. f****** hope not.

Conspiarcy theroy!

Keegan here for a 2 week spell to sell loads of shirts then Wise actually takes over as Manager keegan goes back to the circus!

Keegan may not know, if he does not then that is fkn totally bastard stupid and Mort is a complete cunt!!

Keegan said.. "thats a question for the Chairman Chis Mort to answer, I am just concentrating on Arsenal tomorrow"

Can't be right, SHIRLEY. Fucking hope not.

'You'll have to ask Mort when he gets back on wednesday, all i'm concentrating on is the Arsenal game.'

Can't be right, SHIRLEY. f****** hope not.

Saying you will have to ask Mort doesn't mean he knows nothing about it.

Example. At work someone asks you about another employee. Common response "You'll have to ask them." or "you'll have to ask the boss." It's a polite way of saying "I don't want to talk about it."