Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keegan may not know, if he does not then that is fkn totally b****** stupid and Mort is a complete c***!!

Hoping all this isn't the case of course, but that outburst is ace. :lol: :lol:

Thankyou :lol:

Keegan did a BBC radio interview a while ago hinting that he had been asked to come here as DOF when Ashley took over, Keegan said any DOF should be picked by the manager and not be the Chairman..

I bet Keegan is livid if he had nothing to do with this, Mort cannot go picking Keegan's staff for him..

KK knows nothing of the appointment. He said you will have to ask Mort, Im pretty sure thats what i just heard on Setanta

Can't be right, SHIRLEY. f****** hope not.

Saying you will have to ask Mort doesn't mean he knows nothing about it.

Example. At work someone asks you about another employee. Common response "You'll have to ask them." or "you'll have to ask the boss." It's a polite way of saying "I don't want to talk about it."

:nods:

I'm sure you're right.

KK knows nothing of the appointment. He said you will have to ask Mort, Im pretty sure thats what i just heard on Setanta

Can't be right, SHIRLEY. Fucking hope not.

'You'll have to ask Mort when he gets back on wednesday, all i'm concentrating on is the Arsenal game.'

Taken totally out of context I can only assume. If that interview was at negotiation stage, KK is going to deflect the question isnt he.

Worst mistake in Newcastle's history if Mort has done it without his knowledge and if so then Mort deserves to have his head stamped on by every person within a 100 mile radius.

I just cant believe that it woudl be done without KK's knowledge.

???

Well said, to be fair, although i have no criticisms of this appointment i just want to know who's idea this was and what are they basing it on? First Redknap, then Wise.

Who within this club has picked out Wise as a suitable appointment and why? (Providing it wasnt Keegan)

Can't be right, SHIRLEY. Fucking hope not.

'You'll have to ask Mort when he gets back on wednesday, all i'm concentrating on is the Arsenal game.'

Taken totally out of context I can only assume. If that interview was at negotiation stage, KK is going to deflect the question isnt he.

Worst mistake in Newcastle's history if Mort has done it without his knowledge and if so then Mort deserves to have his head stamped on by every person within a 100 mile radius.

I just cant believe that it woudl be done without KK's knowledge.

Same here, KK obviously wants him in or he wouldn't be there. They are not going to bring KK in on £5m a year and then piss him off after two weeks, no chance.

Technical Director in charge of Scouting and Youth Development according to todays Guardian.

Well thats sounds great actually, a guy like wise in charge of our youth setup is quality, hes got leeds right up the table and maybe he wanted a new challenge? joining the revolution  :celb:

There's no way the club would go behind a brand new manager's back like that.

Wonder what his role will be? As DOF makes no sense to me, and from what I've heard his footballing mentality is the exact opposite of Keegan's. Then again, that might be the point?

There's no way the club would go behind a brand new manager's back like that.

Wonder what his role will be? As DOF makes no sense to me, and from what I've heard his footballing mentality is the exact opposite of Keegan's. Then again, that might be the point?

Dwarf of Football?

Ladies please. It's perfectly plausible that either

a) Kev knew about it but just didn't want to waste time talking about it and distracting his squad

or

b) Kev agreed on what parts will be his to manage, and doesn't much care who runs the other ones (if it is indeed youth and scouting he may well not.)

Either way its plain ole dumb to assume they've gone and stabbed him in the back already. Hopefully Kev has decided he knows his strengths in football and he's more than happy to allow Mort to find someone else to manage the other areas of the club.

Probably also if he really did waste 4 hours having a nice ole chatsy to Shearer he never wanted to repeat the experience again and said to Mort 'you fill these positions I've got better things to do.'

Technical Director in charge of Scouting and Youth Development according to todays Guardian.

Which is what the clubs needed for ages.

As for Keegan not knowing, considering the original link came 3 days after Keegan got the job I think it's fair to assume he was aware the club was looking for someone in this role and it'll have little impact on Keegan or how the first team go about their business.

Well when Keegan was asked about it, he did not seem happy or exited about it,he said  "ask the chairman"    there was no    "I am over the moon Denis has done a great job at Leeds, its fantastic to have him on my staff"

Well thats sounds great actually, a guy like wise in charge of our youth setup is quality, hes got leeds right up the table and maybe he wanted a new challenge? joining the revolution  :celb:

How does that sound great? What experience has he got with youth setups.

People must be off their rocker if they think that KK didn't know anything about this. It's more likely that Keegan is the one that put his name forward. When he said "thats one for the chairman, i'm concentrating on the arsenal game", why do people assume that he's in the dark on it.

Personally i'm please to see the club trying to get a good structure going. For me it seems obvious that Mort is ticking one of his criteria by hireing Wise to look after the youth set up. Something which KK doesn't really do. So what if Wise is a little cunt, so is fergy and he's good at his job FFS.